Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Needless to say for all you early pre/webOS adopters out there, the Pre hardware is not so stable. I had to order a replacement Pre from Sprint after the earpiece went buggy (harsh crackling sound occasionally). Backed up my contacts with the homebrew "Send Contacts Via Email" app, took an image of the usb partition and crossed my fingers as I signed onto my Palm profile on the replacement.

I'm somewhat impressed with the ease of transition: after upgrading to 1.3.5.1 and setting up email, contacts and schedule I was back like I never left. Unfortunately, however, I lost the data from apps like NFS.

Question: Is there a way through command line or from the usb partition to migrate my app data from the old phone? This is time sensitive, I have to ship the old phone back in a few days.

Thanks in advance
    Hi!

I've doctorized my pre because it went buggy (I've tryed all patches out there, so maybe the problem was there).

Then I've found that applications not provided by Palm have lost their configuration & data: Mileage Monitor, STC, Top Stocks Lite, AccuWeather...).

I guess all data is stored in /var/palm/data directory. I've already lost all my data, but am interested in knowing if backing up this directory, then restoring it after doctorizing (or getting a new Pre) works... and I prefer not to know by myself for now
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    A friend just mentioned that the latest version of webOSDoctor can move an image of one phone to the other. I'll dig it up and post back when I'm done (or find it's all just a lie )

Edit: What a lie. Going adventurous and trying a command line copy. Not sure my apps will play nice with the new data, but hey it's worth a try.
    Last edited by XGC75; 02/13/2010 at 06:04 PM. Reason: update