Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have been working on a remote that utilizes the http api for WebOS. Take a look and let me know what you think: Home (XBMC 4 WebOS). You can download the lite version to check it out on the website or in Preware. The full version is under review for the app catalog.

Feature Requests:
    -Moved to http://sites.google.com/site/xbmc4we...oming-features
    Last edited by blakeb; 02/24/2010 at 09:18 AM. Reason: Adding info
    i want your babies
    Oh my, this looks so slick, cant wait to get home and try it.
    Just tried with appletv and xbmc live and the app can't find either server. Tried on different Pre same situation.

Alex
    Look really nice. Will this work with Boxee, as it is based on xbmc?
    Looks really good!
    It works for me. Looking forward to the full version, this looks to have alot of potential.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by osupike99 View Post
    Just tried with appletv and xbmc live and the app can't find either server. Tried on different Pre same situation.

Alex
    Are you able to access the web interface for xbmc from another computer on your network?
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by relic419 View Post
    Look really nice. Will this work with Boxee, as it is based on xbmc?
    Not sure. It depends on how similiar the database structure is. I will investigate. If not, another app specifically for boxee is not out of the question.
  10.    #10  
    Boxee does not appear to work fully. The now playing screen works with volume controls, seeking within a song, and all the playback controls. You can also view the current playlist and select a song from it. You can activate the now playing screen by clicking into music, movies, or tv shows and then swiping back while something is playing. In the lite version, the now playing screen is not limited at all, so you can use that until I can get a boxee remote developed.
  11.    #11  
    I can confirm that this is true. Boxee has completely rebuilt its databases, and at this point, there is no way to query that info. Is there another app on a different platform that is capable of pulling back library info from boxee? I should be able to have a "Boxee remote" in the catalog shortly, as I can reuse most of the code I already wrote.
    I'm not aware of any boxee app able to pull back library info. From what I've seen, they only have the basic functionality of navigating the UI.
  13.    #13  
    Have you actually seen these work? Boxee seems to be suffering from a bug that XBMC has. This prevents communication to Boxee as soon as a dialog opens, which happens when I click on any video to start playback.
    Well, besides the youtube videos of the boxee remote in action, Media Remote (which is my current solution) in the app catalog, works. I'm able to see "now playing" (can't select the file directly from the app though), with seek, play/pause and volume controls. It also allows mouse and keyboard to be controlled. One caveat is that is relies on it's own desktop server.
  15.    #15  
    Yea. The desktop server is something I am avoiding. The desktop server must be using a different method to communicate with XBMC. It probably is just sending keyboard commands.
    This is great. Are you planning on supporting playing content that is not in the library, i.e. access to video sources in "file mode" as opposed to just videos in "library mode"? I would love to be able to play my MythTV recordings, which are currently accessed through a video source definition (using the myth:// protocol).
    Quote Originally Posted by blakeb View Post
    Are you able to access the web interface for xbmc from another computer on your network?
    I can access the xbmc website just fine from the Pre, but the app won't do anything. Is there a particular version that it needs?
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Okay, managed to get this working on the Xbox 1. Really nice, except as said before it's using "Library Mode" instead of "File Mode" which isn't ideal in my opinion.

Still, it's a wonderful app. Thank you!
    Gitah~
    How do you turn on library mode in the PC software. I can see the button on several of the pages but it is ghosted so I can't select it.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by hrminer92 View Post
    I can access the xbmc website just fine from the Pre, but the app won't do anything. Is there a particular version that it needs?
    Interesting. I have done all my testing with the latest stable release. What version are you using?

Try entering this into your Pre's browser:
    http://xbmciport/xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=GetCurrentlyPlaying

That is the exact request the pre is using to check the connection.

Do you have a password enabled?
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast