Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I see the Xbmc Remote App in the app store for free. I downloaded it and it is the same as the app i have already paid for. Is it simply an update for premium users? Is this the lite version?
    I've already paid for the full Version..is it now free and if so would a refund be in order?

Please clarify. Thanks
    Wow. I don't watch much tv, and really don't have much use for a media center. But this app just gave me a reason to take my old desktop downstairs and turn it into a media server. Nice :-)
  3.    #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    I see the Xbmc Remote App in the app store for free. I downloaded it and it is the same as the app i have already paid for. Is it simply an update for premium users? Is this the lite version?
    I've already paid for the full Version..is it now free and if so would a refund be in order?

Please clarify. Thanks
    This is an update to the version you already paid for. Users who have not paid cannot download it without paying.
    Quote Originally Posted by blakeb View Post
    This is an update to the version you already paid for. Users who have not paid cannot download it without paying.
    Thanks for the clarification. Was the update to fix the library issue?
  5.    #85  
    Yes. The library issue has been fixed. Thousands of items shouldn't be a problem at all.
    I've been trying to download the lite version in the App Catalog (accessed through Preware), and it gets stuck on "Installing...". Not sure if this is an issue with the app or something to do with WebOS 1.4 (or perhaps a little of both). I've been able to install some apps from the app catalog, but others have this same problem where they get stuck. This makes me wonder if something got changed in 1.4 that screws up the install process on some apps.
  7.    #87  
    I posted 0.9.5 to try and fix the installing problem. I am assuming you are using that version? I was able to install easily with webos quick install.
    Anyone know what version of xbmc I should be running on my original xbox in order for this remote to work properly?
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    hell ya man ill try it out thanks
  10.    #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Anyone know what version of xbmc I should be running on my original xbox in order for this remote to work properly?
    I know that the latest stable t3ch build works. That is what I have been testing with.
    will this work with windows media center or only xbox media center? I tried another app and have been having issues
  12.    #92  
    It with XBMC only. It works on all platforms that xbmc supports.
    Hi blakeb,

thanks for this great app! Im from Germany and used your special offer to get the full version for non-us users. But Im running into a strange problem. Very often the app resets back to the lite version and cant be unlocked from the menu again. Other times its then again the unlocked full version. It happens randomly and while im using it. I was surfing my mp3 collection and all of the sudden a futher file structure cant be fully read, after that it was lite version again, but showing more stuff than normal... Any idea whats going on?
    Apart from that, this is a really great app and Im using it now on a fairly regular basis.
  14.    #94  
    I will look into it.
    still have the install issue when installing from the App Catalog. Hangs on "installing..."
    Quote Originally Posted by ingenium13 View Post
    still have the install issue when installing from the App Catalog. Hangs on "installing..."
    After trying different things I did also uninstall the app and had the same issue. After reading in a different thread, i found the solution. Deactivate all palm feeds for the app cataloge in preware and do a feeds refresh. Than install the app again from preware, it will now install directly and dont try to install through the app cataloge. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $there$$s$ $a$ $problem$ $with$ $preware$ $and$ $the$ $app$ $cataloge$ $having$ $the$ $same$ $app$ $in$ $different$ $versions$ $available$. $When$ $I$ $search$ $the$ $app$ $cataloge$ $there$$s$ $no$ $xbmc$ $there$ $regularely$, $so$ $there$ $seems$ $to$ $be$ $the$ $problem$.

Back to my initial issue, now after reinstalling XBMC remote and trying to unlock the app from the menu I get the message that Im using the lite version and that I have to come back to that menu on Feb, 8, 2010 (!?!?!). Theres definitely something wrong there now
  17.    #97  
    Thanks for the help in figuring this out. I had been trying to reproduce the problem by uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times without issue, but I havent gotten preware up and running since my 1.4 update.

Regarding the lite upgrade issue, that looks like a problem. I will see if I can get a release out to fix it in the next few days. What country does the unlock screen say you are in?
    Ive attached a screenshot. This is what I now always get when I try to unlock. Im on the German GSM Version running 1.4.

Funny thing is (besides the obvious wrong date in this message), I get more than two entries in each folder with this "lite" version. Before that it was only two items per each page.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  19.    #99  
    Just posted 0.9.6. This should fix the upgrade issue.
    Hi,
    Ive updated and the bug seems to be gone, it now switches to *full version* in the unlock screens and prompts me to re-visit this screen on March, 10, 2010 again. Thanks a lot! Ill test the functionality tonight when Im back from work but Im sure itll work nicely again now Cant wait for Europe to get paid apps in our app cataloge. This certainly is an app Id buy and like to see supported and further developed.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast