Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 112
  1. #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by blakeb View Post
    Also, the full version is now available in the App Catalog. It is still version 0.9.1, but for those who do not need file mode immediately, it is available.
    YAY! Just download this app and was the first to review. Thank you very much for this. The lite version worked very well for me. No more IR remote for me.

    I hope you update it ofter as I will be your best customer...now how much do you know about squeezebox
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by saluki42 View Post
    YAY! Just download this app and was the first to review. Thank you very much for this. The lite version worked very well for me. No more IR remote for me.

    I hope you update it ofter as I will be your best customer...now how much do you know about squeezebox
    I plan to update often. I will be using this myself, and I have 5 XBMC machines running independently in my house. (yea i know) So, I will want to keep it working.

    I will look into Squeezebox. I have already had requests for MediaPortal, Boxee, Plex, and now Squeezebox.
  3. Madman420's Avatar
    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    #43  
    Ok i just paid for this thinking it would work.
    i think you should have done a beta testing before allowing people to pay for broken software.

    Issue 1
    My music is not in alphabetical order. there is no way to browse by letter!!! i have a 1000 artists that XBMC has pulled all the info for but its almost impossible to find any because there is no search or browse by letter.

    Issue 2
    When i goto the TV area it only loads about 5 banner art randomly. So out of the ~20ish shows i only get banners for 5 of them.

    i did see you want to have it cache the banners which i think should be mandatory.

    Issue 3
    Movies! out of the 50 or so movies it only lists from W-Z!!!! no cover browse for movies? no refresh button?

    Issue 4
    Playlist?
    every time i click on it, it is blank, no lines, nothing just a gray screen.

    Beta test then charge.
    i have been waiting for this and i do see that it has potential but i just paid 4 bucks for a alpha release. please make the correct changes, I am willing to wait it out but a little disappointed.
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by Madman420 View Post
    Ok i just paid for this thinking it would work.
    i think you should have done a beta testing before allowing people to pay for broken software.

    Issue 1
    My music is not in alphabetical order. there is no way to browse by letter!!! i have a 1000 artists that XBMC has pulled all the info for but its almost impossible to find any because there is no search or browse by letter.

    Issue 2
    When i goto the TV area it only loads about 5 banner art randomly. So out of the ~20ish shows i only get banners for 5 of them.

    i did see you want to have it cache the banners which i think should be mandatory.

    Issue 3
    Movies! out of the 50 or so movies it only lists from W-Z!!!! no cover browse for movies? no refresh button?

    Issue 4
    Playlist?
    every time i click on it, it is blank, no lines, nothing just a gray screen.

    Beta test then charge.
    i have been waiting for this and i do see that it has potential but i just paid 4 bucks for a alpha release. please make the correct changes, I am willing to wait it out but a little disappointed.
    I have had a lite version out for a week with very few problems reported. I apologize for the problems you are having.

    I have an update pending with palm, and I will be sure and address your issues in the next update.

    Are all of your movies loaded into the library?

    Are you using XBMC on the xbox, windows, Mac? What version are you using?
  5. Madman420's Avatar
    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by blakeb View Post
    I have had a lite version out for a week with very few problems reported. I apologize for the problems you are having.

    I have an update pending with palm, and I will be sure and address your issues in the next update.

    Are all of your movies loaded into the library?

    Are you using XBMC on the xbox, windows, Mac? What version are you using?
    Once again i want to thank you for this software. i do enjoy it. just be careful as some people might get upset after paying for this.

    I am using XBMC (Camelot) on Vista. All of my movies are in the Library and i only use library mode.

    a search in music would be key as well browse by letter for both movies and music.

    i tried to delete the server and readd it and still only shows w-z movies. and minimal banners on the tv side.

    I am willing to help out as much as i can
    thanks
  6.    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by Madman420 View Post
    Once again i want to thank you for this software. i do enjoy it. just be careful as some people might get upset after paying for this.

    I am using XBMC (Camelot) on Vista. All of my movies are in the Library and i only use library mode.

    a search in music would be key as well browse by letter for both movies and music.

    i tried to delete the server and readd it and still only shows w-z movies. and minimal banners on the tv side.

    I am willing to help out as much as i can
    thanks
    The list of movies by title is a Filter List, so you can search by starting to type. I plan to add this to the list of artists as well.

    For the movies, are all of your movies from the same source? Is it a part of a multipath source? Are your sources local or smb shares?

    For tvshows, is there any correlation for the banners that do show up? Is it the same ones everytime? Are the missing ones from the same source?
  7. Madman420's Avatar
    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by blakeb View Post
    The list of movies by title is a Filter List, so you can search by starting to type. I plan to add this to the list of artists as well.

    For the movies, are all of your movies from the same source? Is it a part of a multipath source? Are your sources local or smb shares?

    For tvshows, is there any correlation for the banners that do show up? Is it the same ones everytime? Are the missing ones from the same source?
    all my movies are in the same area.
    x:\movies\movietitle\movietitle.mkv
    ect.

    as for tv shows more banners are showing up now, but it is random sometimes lost will show up and others it wont.
    tv shows are the same
    x:\tv\showtitle\showtitle s01e01.mkv


    its odd becouse in the lite version i can see 2 movies and they are alphabetically correct. #abc ect. but in the full version i only see W-Z
  8.    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by Madman420 View Post
    all my movies are in the same area.
    x:\movies\movietitle\movietitle.mkv
    ect.

    as for tv shows more banners are showing up now, but it is random sometimes lost will show up and others it wont.
    tv shows are the same
    x:\tv\showtitle\showtitle s01e01.mkv


    its odd becouse in the lite version i can see 2 movies and they are alphabetically correct. #abc ect. but in the full version i only see W-Z
    For movies, try clicking this link from your vista machine where you have xbmc running.

    Query Movies

    That is the exact command the program is using to return movies. Could you please view source and send me the source of the resulting page?
  9. Madman420's Avatar
    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by blakeb View Post
    For movies, try clicking this link from your vista machine where you have xbmc running.

    Query Movies

    That is the exact command the program is using to return movies. Could you please view source and send me the source of the resulting page?
    sent you a pm
  10. Madman420's Avatar
    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by Madman420 View Post
    sent you a pm
    update when i click on movies it only shows w-z but when i start typing "a" it shows all the movies with the letter "a". odd
    once i backspace the "a" i am left with w-z
  11.    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by Madman420 View Post
    update when i click on movies it only shows w-z but when i start typing "a" it shows all the movies with the letter "a". odd
    once i backspace the "a" i am left with w-z
    I have found the problem, and am working on a fix right now.
  12. Madman420's Avatar
    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by blakeb View Post
    I have found the problem, and am working on a fix right now.
    sounds good
  13. #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by blakeb View Post
    Also, the full version is now available in the App Catalog. It is still version 0.9.1, but for those who do not need file mode immediately, it is available.
    what is the difference between it and the lite version?
  14.    #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by hrminer92 View Post
    what is the difference between it and the lite version?
    The lite version limits the number of items that can be pulled back in each category. Right now, it is limited to 2. I plan on increasing that to 5, as a better demonstration.
  15.    #55  
    All, I have suspended my app in the App Catalog for now. I will re-enable it once I have addressed the issues brought to light by Madman420. For those who have already purchased the app, I will announce when I have finished the fix, and will find a way to distribute it to you so you do not have to wait for the slow App Catalog approval process.
  16. #56  
    I just purchased it in the app catalog. It's less functional than lite. I can't seem to find library and file mode. And when you go through the fixes could you please add Video to the Content selection. All I use my XBMC for is music video, so right now it is kind of useless to me
  17.    #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by bsuppenbach View Post
    I just purchased it in the app catalog. It's less functional than lite. I can't seem to find library and file mode. And when you go through the fixes could you please add Video to the Content selection. All I use my XBMC for is music video, so right now it is kind of useless to me
    This is a result of the slow approval process by Palm. It does not incorporate the File mode yet. Once I re-enable the download it will be available. I will let you know as soon as I have the fix ready.
  18. #58  
    I have XMBC installed and running on 2 laptops on the same wifi network. Of course, each laptop has its own IP address.

    I've tried following the guides on your site as well as the advice on this thread but I still can't get it to load on my Pre. I have the lite version installed. I have both laptops setup as servers both with port 80, default username and password. Is this where I'm getting my conflict?

    I keep getting the spinning "processing" icon in the bottom-right until eventually I get "Error Contacting XMBX. Please see Help in the application menu for troubleshooting and setup" message.

    Current settings for the Pre -
    Fresh reset, Wifi connected but 3 dots, EV network, 3 signal bars, only card open.

    I'd appreciate any input. Thanks
    Last edited by faderrific; 02/20/2010 at 12:54 PM. Reason: settings
  19.    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by faderrific View Post
    I have XMBC installed and running on 2 laptops on the same wifi network. Of course, each laptop has its own IP address.

    I've tried following the guides on your site as well as the advice on this thread but I still can't get it to load on my Pre. I have the lite version installed. I have both laptops setup as servers both with port 80, default username and password. Is this where I'm getting my conflict?

    I keep getting the spinning "processing" icon in the bottom-right until eventually I get "Error Contacting XMBX. Please see Help in the application menu for troubleshooting and setup" message.

    Current settings for the Pre -
    Fresh reset, Wifi connected but 3 dots, EV network, 3 signal bars, only card open.

    I'd appreciate any input. Thanks
    You shouldn't have a conflict there. Have you tried following the steps on the troubleshooting page of the site? Let me know at which point you are getting stuck, and I will help you get setup.
  20. #60  
    I've followed the troubleshooting guide, but I get stuck when I try accessing the server page from another computer on the network. On this computer I'm only running Windows firewall.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions