Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 112
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubuntite View Post
    This is great. Are you planning on supporting playing content that is not in the library, i.e. access to video sources in "file mode" as opposed to just videos in "library mode"? I would love to be able to play my MythTV recordings, which are currently accessed through a video source definition (using the myth:// protocol).
    Yes, I do plan to support file mode. Photos is actually using file mode, so I should be able to reuse that code rather easily. I would expect that to be available in one of the first updates.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by craftsman View Post
    How do you turn on library mode in the PC software. I can see the button on several of the pages but it is ghosted so I can't select it.
    If library mode is ghosted, that means you have not scanned your media into the library. Edit your sources, set the content for that source, and select the option to run an automated scan. Do this for Music, Movies, and Tv Shows.

    I use Media Info Plus, and Ember Media Manager to make sure that every file has a tbn and nfo along with it. That way XBMC can quickly read the info from those files rather than having to download them from the internet each time I rebuild my media server.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Misaki Ki View Post
    Okay, managed to get this working on the Xbox 1. Really nice, except as said before it's using "Library Mode" instead of "File Mode" which isn't ideal in my opinion.

    Still, it's a wonderful app. Thank you!
    When you say that you would prefer file mode, does that mean you don't scan any information into your library or set which content is contained in your sources?

    I am asking because it will make a difference in how I can intelligently display wide icons vs posters, etc.
  4. #24  
    One thought is adding support for viewing the movie library by genre, year....
  5. #25  
    something I just noticed is that there doesn't seem to be a way to delete a server from the list.

    Edit: ok nevermind. Swiping it away worked.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by gabbott View Post
    One thought is adding support for viewing the movie library by genre, year....
    Its in the works.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by blakeb View Post
    Interesting. I have done all my testing with the latest stable release. What version are you using?

    Try entering this into your Pre's browser:


    That is the exact request the pre is using to check the connection.

    Do you have a password enabled?
    no password. The most recent version of the program will stop, pause, rev, & FF but that's it so far. I'll have to check what version of XBMC I have on my xbox.
  8.    #28  
    The current version only pulls info from XBMC's library. It does not browse your sources, so if you do not have your library populated, you wont see anything except photos. I am currently working on an update that enables file mode, and should have it out soon.
  9. Misaki Ki's Avatar
    Posts
    51 Posts
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by blakeb View Post
    When you say that you would prefer file mode, does that mean you don't scan any information into your library or set which content is contained in your sources?

    I am asking because it will make a difference in how I can intelligently display wide icons vs posters, etc.
    Well, to be honest I haven't done much with library mode because I tend to usually just watch anime on the Xbox (as you can probably tell from my avatar and the like, lol.) It's considered bad practice to rename the files as well (by the community), so nothing I have is really picked up.

    Out of like 100 or so folders, 70 were picked up and only three were recognized to have any episodes. For whatever reason, the app is only listing the first two titles in alphabetical order even though they don't contain anything recognized.

    I do set my sources, since I have files scattered on various computers. All I need to do is keep a consistent folder hierarchy.

    I probably didn't answer what you wanted exactly, since I'm not an active user of Library mode for the reasons given, so I may have misunderstood. As I said earlier, I'm also using this on the Xbox 1, not a PC, so I'm most certainly several versions behind as they stopped updating it. (I believe so at least)

    Anyway, sorry if what I gave wasn't enough!
    Gitah~
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Misaki Ki View Post
    Well, to be honest I haven't done much with library mode because I tend to usually just watch anime on the Xbox (as you can probably tell from my avatar and the like, lol.) It's considered bad practice to rename the files as well (by the community), so nothing I have is really picked up.

    Out of like 100 or so folders, 70 were picked up and only three were recognized to have any episodes. For whatever reason, the app is only listing the first two titles in alphabetical order even though they don't contain anything recognized.

    I do set my sources, since I have files scattered on various computers. All I need to do is keep a consistent folder hierarchy.

    I probably didn't answer what you wanted exactly, since I'm not an active user of Library mode for the reasons given, so I may have misunderstood. As I said earlier, I'm also using this on the Xbox 1, not a PC, so I'm most certainly several versions behind as they stopped updating it. (I believe so at least)

    Anyway, sorry if what I gave wasn't enough!
    That's perfect. I appreciate the feedback. I am very close to having the file mode done, and I would expect an update for that shortly. The problem with file mode is that I cannot anticipate what type of files I am showing (movies, tvshow, season, episode), which makes it impossible to know what size thumbnail to use, or how to display the thumbnail on such a small screen.

    The app is not as *pretty* in file mode, but it is completely functional.
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by relic419 View Post
    I'm not aware of any boxee app able to pull back library info. From what I've seen, they only have the basic functionality of navigating the UI.
    Yes, the webui for boxee beta is a work in progress. Basic navigation is all it supports. Is you application open-source? I am currently trying to develop a free opensource boxee remote app--I don't have much app developement experience, but I have a basic release at:

    http://code.google.com/p/webosxbmcremote

    It supports basic navigation and basic controls. I am trying to get volume control and thumbnails working, but not all of the XMBC WEBAPI works, and there is not a whole lot of documentation about the boxee web.

    But Boxee does have an auto discovery feature which is nice, and a to detect whether an on-screen virtualkeyboard is in use.

    See http://developer.boxee.tv/Remote_Con...nding_Commands
    I would be happy to share code if your app is open-source.
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by richaoj View Post
    Yes, the webui for boxee beta is a work in progress. Basic navigation is all it supports. Is you application open-source? I am currently trying to develop a free opensource boxee remote app--I don't have much app developement experience, but I have a basic release at:

    [url]

    It supports basic navigation and basic controls. I am trying to get volume control and thumbnails working, but not all of the XMBC WEBAPI works, and there is not a whole lot of documentation about the boxee web.

    But Boxee does have an auto discovery feature which is nice, and a to detect whether an on-screen virtualkeyboard is in use.

    See [url]
    I would be happy to share code if your app is open-source.
    Wow. I looked for something like this before starting development on my own app. I decided not to go the open source route, as the functionality I have already developed took a lot of work, and there isn't much left to add. I appreciate the offer though.
  13. #33  
    YAY!

    Thanks a ton Blake, can't wait to see this app develop once it hits the app catalog.
  14. #34  
    I have been waiting for a good xbmc remote. I can't wait to try it out.


    Also this is my very first post and can't think of a better thread to have it on :-)
  15.    #35  
    I just pushed out an update to the lite version. It should be available in a few hours. Here is the change log:

    0.9.2
    New Features
    -File Mode Support
    -Dashboard now open whenever leaving app

    Bug Fixes
    -Deleting all servers not updating model
    -Timer running on now playing screen while paused
    -Now playing now updates when phone turns back on
    -Clicking title in now playing dashboard now activates XBMC app
  16. Misaki Ki's Avatar
    Posts
    51 Posts
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    #36  
    Alright, thanks! Running a test of File Mode right now. As always, I'm using an Xbox build of this.


    Both Photos and Music seem to list only two directories in SMB. The only two thing seems universal. Only two folders, or two shares show up. Anything else doesn't get listed. Both over Samba, or just the hard drive listings.

    Video listings over Samba isn't going to well. I constantly get on the Xbox while it's working this:

    "Opening multi-path source

    Path:
    smb://"

    And it loops from there. Normally if I do it from the Xbox, it'll list the full directories like:

    "Path:
    smb://Misaki-Ki/Videos/Anime"

    "Path:
    smb://Misaki/Videos/Anime"


    I haven't been able to test single source listings, because of that two source/folder issues that's happening. I can see if deleting a few sources will let a single one appear, and test it that way.

    In any event, I appreciate the effort you're putting in this.
    Gitah~
  17. #37  
    I have not been able to get it to work I'm not at home right now to troubleshoot but basically it doesn't find my XBMC.

    Does this actually work with the XBOX version of it?
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    I have not been able to get it to work I'm not at home right now to troubleshoot but basically it doesn't find my XBMC.

    Does this actually work with the XBOX version of it?
    Yes. It should work with the xbox version. Misaki Ki is using his with the xbox version. Have you followed all of the instructions on the website? Home (XBMC 4 WebOS)
  19.    #39  
    Also, the full version is now available in the App Catalog. It is still version 0.9.1, but for those who do not need file mode immediately, it is available.
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by Misaki Ki View Post
    Alright, thanks! Running a test of File Mode right now. As always, I'm using an Xbox build of this.


    Both Photos and Music seem to list only two directories in SMB. The only two thing seems universal. Only two folders, or two shares show up. Anything else doesn't get listed. Both over Samba, or just the hard drive listings.

    Video listings over Samba isn't going to well. I constantly get on the Xbox while it's working this:

    "Opening multi-path source

    Path:
    smb://"

    And it loops from there. Normally if I do it from the Xbox, it'll list the full directories like:

    "Path:
    smb://Misaki-Ki/Videos/Anime"

    "Path:
    smb://Misaki/Videos/Anime"


    I haven't been able to test single source listings, because of that two source/folder issues that's happening. I can see if deleting a few sources will let a single one appear, and test it that way.

    In any event, I appreciate the effort you're putting in this.
    Let me look into the multi path sources. I dont use those myself, but they do need to work.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions