Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by kohn View Post
    I have to say, I'm really impressed by the level of functionality, ease of use, and polished feel in the desktop software. You have really done a great job with this. As a FORMER SplashID user, I'm super impressed by your speed, ability and willingness to answer questions as well as take suggestions and incorporate them into the software.
    I'm glad you like jVault and the desktop client. The next big update will be to do true record syncing, so stay tuned!
    cohoman

Palm Apps:

jVault and jChecklist
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Quick future request update...

I've just upgraded from 1.1.0 to 1.1.1. I had to backup, uninstall 1.1.0 and then install 1.1.1. It did do a great job of not messing with my data or registration, but seems unnecessary.

I'd say in future upgrades just have it do updates over itself (if possible) and don't use version number in the directory name... but just a suggestion.

I have to say, I'm really impressed by the level of functionality, ease of use, and polished feel in the desktop software. You have really done a great job with this. As a FORMER SplashID user, I'm super impressed by your speed, ability and willingness to answer questions as well as take suggestions and incorporate them into the software.

Thank you for your great, and now indispensable app!

Jeff
    I agree, it would be nice not to have to uninstall the old version prior to an update.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cohoman View Post
    I'm glad you like jVault and the desktop client. The next big update will be to do true record syncing, so stay tuned!
    Great! I am looking forward to this function. Please also don't forget to add the auto-lock function to the desktop client.
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by STBXXL View Post
    Great! I am looking forward to this function. Please also don't forget to add the auto-lock function to the desktop client.
    I'm working on that feature as we speak. It will come out in the next incremental release.
    cohoman

Palm Apps:

jVault and jChecklist
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Love this app. Use it everyday! Thank you for it!!

One other feature I'd love to see in future updates if possible, that it remembers your back/restore location. Back my file up about every time I use it and have to browse to the folder every time...

Not sure how easy or hard that would be, but figured I'd throw it out there.

Thanks!

Jeff
  6.    #46  
    Love this app. Use it everyday! Thank you for it!!

One other feature I'd love to see in future updates if possible, that it remembers your back/restore location. Back my file up about every time I use it and have to browse to the folder every time...

Not sure how easy or hard that would be, but figured I'd throw it out there.

Thanks!

Jeff
    I'll make a change to the next revision to add that feature.
    cohoman

Palm Apps:

jVault and jChecklist
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Hi,

I have noticed a minor display issue that has shown up since version 1.1.2 (I think, it was not present with version 1.1.0): Sometimes a card is displayed in a way that fields that are left empty for this specific card are shown as a white bar. When I then click on this specific card again the display is rendered correctly (i.e. no white bars for empty fields).

For your reference I attached three snapshots (my custom template used for this card, the incorrect card display with white bars and the correct card display) I took running jVault version 1.1.4.

Perhaps you can take look on what's going on and possibly fix that.

Thanks for the continued development of this great app.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Since the OS upgrade, I noticed that the templates are now missing. Thank goodness all of my data is there, but if I go to add a new item, there are no templates available.

Any ideas? Should I just reinstall the software--after a backup of course!!

Otherwise, I love the applications and use it almost daily.
  9.    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by STBXXL View Post
    Hi,

I have noticed a minor display issue that has shown up since version 1.1.2 (I think, it was not present with version 1.1.0): Sometimes a card is displayed in a way that fields that are left empty for this specific card are shown as a white bar. When I then click on this specific card again the display is rendered correctly (i.e. no white bars for empty fields).

For your reference I attached three snapshots (my custom template used for this card, the incorrect card display with white bars and the correct card display) I took running jVault version 1.1.4.

Perhaps you can take look on what's going on and possibly fix that.

Thanks for the continued development of this great app.
    Can you email me directly so we can work on this? I need to know the exact steps to duplicate this issue so I can try to fix it. Thanks.
    cohoman

Palm Apps:

jVault and jChecklist
  10.    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by wlumber View Post
    Since the OS upgrade, I noticed that the templates are now missing. Thank goodness all of my data is there, but if I go to add a new item, there are no templates available.

Any ideas? Should I just reinstall the software--after a backup of course!!

Otherwise, I love the applications and use it almost daily.
    Is this issue with jVault Desktop or jVault for the Pre?
    cohoman

Palm Apps:

jVault and jChecklist
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cohoman View Post
    Can you email me directly so we can work on this? I need to know the exact steps to duplicate this issue so I can try to fix it. Thanks.
    Done.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Jvault for the Pre.

When I go to add a new entry, there are no templates loaded.
  13.    #53  
    What version of jVault for the Pre are you using? Did you try transferring your jVault database between the Pre and the jVault Desktop app on the PC?
    cohoman

Palm Apps:

jVault and jChecklist
    Great program. I used Secret on my Treo/PC and tried SplashID on my Pre, but I like jVault much better. Here are some questions/observations (currently using Pre v1.0.9 & PC v1.1.8):

1. Is there a way to change the order of the wallets in the drop-down list on the PC? It's alphabetical on the Pre but in order of creation on the PC. And copying the Pre database back to the PC doesn't affect the order on either.

2. If I want to create a new template based on an existing template, how do I create a duplicate of the existing template in the template editor so I can modify it? A less-desirable alternative is opening a new card, applying a template, and then making the modifications. That would work if I could then save that as a new template.

3. Why are Web links, phone numbers, and email addresses treated differently? Web links exhibit the correct behavior (IMHO). They are live links and remain so no matter what other text is in the same field. Phone numbers are live only if no other text is in the field (I may want more than one number listed in a field, each with a description following the number). And email addresses aren't live at all. Could this be fixed?

I can't tell you how much I appreciate your quick responses and willingness to improve your great programs.
    I'm glad to see the desktop version and great customer support. I was under the impression the desktop version would be included with the WebOS purchase so I'm a bit disappointed by that. I'll hold off for now as the Desktop component isn't that much of a necessity for me.

Great app.
  16.    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty2u View Post
    1. Is there a way to change the order of the wallets in the drop-down list on the PC? It's alphabetical on the Pre but in order of creation on the PC. And copying the Pre database back to the PC doesn't affect the order on either.
    The wallets should be displayed alphabetically for both the Pre and Desktop versions. I'll need to fix this issue for the Desktop version. Thanks for for identifying that issue.

2. If I want to create a new template based on an existing template, how do I create a duplicate of the existing template in the template editor so I can modify it? A less-desirable alternative is opening a new card, applying a template, and then making the modifications. That would work if I could then save that as a new template.
    I don't believe you can copy a template for editing. I'll have to take a look at that and see if I can come up with a solution.
    3. Why are Web links, phone numbers, and email addresses treated differently? Web links exhibit the correct behavior (IMHO). They are live links and remain so no matter what other text is in the same field. Phone numbers are live only if no other text is in the field (I may want more than one number listed in a field, each with a description following the number). And email addresses aren't live at all. Could this be fixed?
    The hyperlinks only work for identifiable URLs and phone numbers. I don't try to search for email address, although that is a good idea. From what I can tell the hyperlinks should work with phone numbers and other mixed text, so I'll have to see what's going on with that.
    I can't tell you how much I appreciate your quick responses and willingness to improve your great programs.
    I'm glad you find the applications useful, and I do appreciate the feedback and suggestions.
    cohoman

Palm Apps:

jVault and jChecklist
    Thanks, cohoman. I hate to pile on, but I found some more issues:

1. I can do limited formatting for a list in a field on the desktop version (indenting lines by spaces or Ctrl-Tab, or bullet Alt-0149), but none of these show up on the Pre. Everything is justified left.

2. I used "M&P" as a card title on the desktop, but the "P" didn't show up on the Pre.

3. On the desktop, if the card you're editing has so much text that it extends beyond the bottom of the window, I can't scroll with the mouse wheel. I have to use the window's scroll bar. (Somebody already mentioned this above, but I don't think you understood what they said).

Hope these are easy to fix.
  18.    #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty2u View Post
    1. I can do limited formatting for a list in a field on the desktop version (indenting lines by spaces or Ctrl-Tab, or bullet Alt-0149), but none of these show up on the Pre. Everything is justified left.
    The editbox control that I use in the Desktop version is for RichEdit Text, and I chose to use that control since it will automatically create the hyperlinks for URLs. It also allows for other "rich" text features (like bold text, bullets, etc) however the jVault Pre version cannot recognize these features with the HTML coding that I use. Thus, you're using an extra feature on the desktop version that will not translate over to the Pre version.

2. I used "M&P" as a card title on the desktop, but the "P" didn't show up on the Pre.
    That is definitely a bug which I will fix in the next release.

3. On the desktop, if the card you're editing has so much text that it extends beyond the bottom of the window, I can't scroll with the mouse wheel. I have to use the window's scroll bar. (Somebody already mentioned this above, but I don't think you understood what they said).
    I'll have to do some testing to see if I can duplicate this issue.
    cohoman

Palm Apps:

jVault and jChecklist
  19.    #59  
    qwerty2u,

I've fixed some of the issues you've identified in the next release of jVault (1.1.0):

1) You can enter multiple phone numbers and text in a data field and each number will have a hyperlink that will bring up the phone dialer (with the phone number ready to dial).

2) A data field can also contain multiple email address and each of them will have a hyperlink that will bring up the email app.

3) The character "&" can now be displayed properly in the card display screen.

Note, that inside the template editor on the Pre you can easily duplicate a currently displayed template by selecting "Template->Duplicate" from the app menu. Then, you can rename it and adjust the fields if you like.

I uploaded this new version yesterday, so it should be available sometime later this week when Palm approves it for the App Catalog.
    cohoman

Palm Apps:

jVault and jChecklist
    You the (coho)man! Unfortunately, people with your willingness to listen to their customers are in far too short supply. Many thanks.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast