Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Is anyone working on a simple reminder program with alarms? Something on the order of the BugMe program from Electricpocket (without being able to write on the screen, of course). That was probably my most used software on my various old Palm devices. (I know, BugMe does work under Classic but that is not a really good solution - a native WebOS app would be better.)

Many of the clocks have alarm functions but these are not really designed as a reminder and require a number of steps to initiate. I would think that the coding for the alarm function for many of these could be used as the basis for a simple reminder program.
    "stickyman" app lets you put a stickynote on your home screen.... no alarm though, you'd have to look at screen to remind yourself....
    "The union forces me to allow you to go to lunch in spite of the way you've played. Those of you with consciences will not be able to eat. And those of you whose consciences match your talents... go stuff yourselves. I hope you choke".....Maestro, The Money Pit
  3.    #3  
    Yes, I know that but besides not having an alarm, it is my understanding that it won't work if one is using Switcheroo (which I use to rotate pictures of my family as wallpaper).
    I am so with you...BugMe was perfect. I need lots of reminders, with alarms, and so far I've been using the calendar. It's not the best solution and I'm constantly on a search for a reminder app. If you find one, let me know! (and I'll do the same)
  5.    #5  
    Perhaps one of the clock app developers could use his/her code for this reason. I use Timepiece and the alarm section should be able to be modified for this purpose. Using its alarm is better - at least for me - than using the calendar.

I can't believe with all the apps coming out (a number of which are useless) that someone hasn't developed this. We can't be the only ones interested.

Oh well, maybe I'll just have to spend the time learning how to code for the Pre.

If I find anything I'll post it here

Tony
    Haha, I thought the same thing...I bet I can figure out some code to create it! (maybe not)

I've tried Timepiece, but I think the alarm sound bothered me, and it seemed a little more complicated than just plain old Clock. Geostrings is great, and you can choose the time and day, but it's an awful lot of work for a quick reminder.

I'm also surprised that no one has come up with something even similar (except for Geostrings). I wish someone would even create a Tasks type app with alarms. Perhaps the developers don't have the memory issues we have
  7.    #7  
    You can pick your own alarm sounds in Timepiece - including any mp3 that you have made yourself.

I've looked at Geostrings but I don't see where or how to enter a time.

Maybe the developers "forgot" that they have memory issues ;-)

Tony
    Quote Originally Posted by atalbert View Post
    Is anyone working on a simple reminder program with alarms? Something on the order of the BugMe program from Electricpocket (without being able to write on the screen, of course). That was probably my most used software on my various old Palm devices. (I know, BugMe does work under Classic but that is not a really good solution - a native WebOS app would be better.)

Many of the clocks have alarm functions but these are not really designed as a reminder and require a number of steps to initiate. I would think that the coding for the alarm function for many of these could be used as the basis for a simple reminder program.
    How about just a task with a due date? You'll be reminded starting the day before, and again each day until you clear the task.

I use a combination of that, geostrings, and shopping list for the majority of my reminder needs.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by knobbysideup View Post
    How about just a task with a due date? You'll be reminded starting the day before, and again each day until you clear the task.

I use a combination of that, geostrings, and shopping list for the majority of my reminder needs.
    Thanks but that just doesn't work well for me. I really would like something in which I can set not only the date but also the time. I used BugMe frequently to remind me of things at certain times - such as times when I knew my family would be home or I times that I needed to do something.

If someone can develop an app like Geostrings or Geotasks, they should be able to develop an app like BugMe. Quick and simple - type in the message and pick the day and time from drop down menus.

I know I can use the calendar app to do something like this but I really prefer not to clutter up the calendar with simple reminders.

Maybe Nsunnie and I need to put our heads together and do it ourselves.

Tony
    I've looked at Geostrings but I don't see where or how to enter a time.
    On the "Add/Edit GeoString" screen scroll down to get more customization options such as date and time.

Also check out my GeoString Guides video series for instructional videos on the ins and outs of the app. The link to the video list is in my signature.
  11.    #11  
    Thanks. I'll do that.
  12.    #12  
    I did find the area to input date and time. However, it appears that the app requires that one also pick a location. That system doesn't work in one doesn't know where one will be at the time the reminder would go off.

The app is very elegant. Would it be possible to have the option not to use a location - thus using it as just a reminder?

Tony
    Is anyone working on a simple reminder program with alarms? Something on the order of the BugMe program from Electricpocket (without being able to write on the screen, of course).
    You might have a look at PocketMirror Tasks. It's intended as a companion for PocketMirror on the desktop to sychronize Outlook with your WebOS device, however is a free download on the WebOS side. If you're not doing the whole synchronization thing, it may work as a standalone on the WebOS side. I do use the whole package so can't comment whether it will work standalone. PocketMirror Tasks contains the ability to set a task with a date and time alarm. Since it's a free download, give it a look.
  14.    #14  
    Thanks for the suggestion. I'll give it a look.

Tony
    The have a program out right now call "nag me", all you have to do is get married...
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    The have a program out right now call "nag me", all you have to do is get married...
    I already have that program - for over 30 years. Unfortunately she works and is not always "on-line".
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas89134 View Post
    You might have a look at PocketMirror Tasks. It's intended as a companion for PocketMirror on the desktop to sychronize Outlook with your WebOS device, however is a free download on the WebOS side. If you're not doing the whole synchronization thing, it may work as a standalone on the WebOS side. I do use the whole package so can't comment whether it will work standalone. PocketMirror Tasks contains the ability to set a task with a date and time alarm. Since it's a free download, give it a look.
    The Pocketmirror tasks app requires Pocketmirror (@ $40) to work. Since I already have Companionlink, that is too much of an investment just for a reminder program. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Tony
    metus delenda est

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -- Edmund Burke

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, it's not the fall that kills you, it's the sudden stop when you reach the bottom." -- Jumpmaster, Ft. Benning, 1965
    I am in the same exact boat as you are.

I started a "Patch Request" thread for the ability to add the time for an alarm/reminder in the native WebOS task app. Maybe if we can get enough people wanting it someone can help us out.

Take a look: http://discussion.treocentral.com/we...-task-app.html
    There is no spoon
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Blipstein View Post
    I am in the same exact boat as you are.

I started a "Patch Request" thread for the ability to add the time for an alarm/reminder in the native WebOS task app. Maybe if we can get enough people wanting it someone can help us out.

Take a look: http://discussion.treocentral.com/we...-task-app.html
    Glad to see that nsunnie and I are not the only ones who would like this! A patch or "Tasks redux" should work. I'm still surprised that no one seems to be doing this.

Oh, btw, why is there no spoon?
    metus delenda est

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -- Edmund Burke

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, it's not the fall that kills you, it's the sudden stop when you reach the bottom." -- Jumpmaster, Ft. Benning, 1965

Oh, btw, why is there no spoon?
    It's a term from the Matrix. Are you a Matrix fan?
    There is no spoon
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast