Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    I do like the movies. Forgot that line.
    metus delenda est

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -- Edmund Burke

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, it's not the fall that kills you, it's the sudden stop when you reach the bottom." -- Jumpmaster, Ft. Benning, 1965
    I'm in desperate need of this - I keep missing meetings. Part of it is b/c the built-in calendar's reminder often doesn't go off at all for me! I have no idea why that is... I used Treo Butler with all my Treos and it was great. We need a Pre Butler!
    --Kyle
    I think between us, we should be able to figure something out...and you seem to echo exactly how I (and others) feel. Geostrings is close, but is too much work for a quick reminder; the calendar app shouldn't be used for little reminders such as doing the laundry or remembering to ask someone a question; and tasks would be PERFECT if it had alarms.

sigh.

I guess I should start teaching myself code... (and maybe we could call it Nag Me )
    I'm working on one, it will be called "Crastinate-Pro." I have a design spec, but don't hold your breath. I don't know HTML, CSS OR Javascript. It will be quite a while (weeks? months?) before it hits homebrew.
  5.    #25  
    Well, I've decided I might as well learn JSJSJS $and$ $do$ $this$ $myself$. $I$'$ve$ $downloaded$ $the$ $latest$ ($1$.$3$.$5$) $SDK$ $and$ $looked$ $at$ $the$ $Ares$ $website$. $Got$ $a$ $book$ $on$ $JS$ $and$, $since$ $I$ $have$ $programmed$ $in$ $a$ $number$ $of$ $languages$ $and$ $used$ $VBScript$ $in$ $the$ $past$, $it$ $shouldn$'$t$ $be$ $too$ $hard$ (famous last words). Probably be a new SDK out shortly after 1.4 hits (today? tomorrow? soon?).

In the meantime I am using Timepiece alarms and GeoStrings for reminders, as well as TealTime timers for short duration things (like, hey dummy, you left the water on filling the pool!).

Tony
    metus delenda est

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -- Edmund Burke

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, it's not the fall that kills you, it's the sudden stop when you reach the bottom." -- Jumpmaster, Ft. Benning, 1965
    Looking forward to whatever any of you can develop. Thanks,
    --Kyle
  7.    #27  
    Thanks. Can't believe, however, with all the people out there apparently able to code for the Pre and with all the Kr#p that there is out there, that someone hasn't done this already.

We can't be the only ones who would like this.
    metus delenda est

I searched using AppCat and found BugMe! It's exactly what we all need

It's even better than the one for the Treo and it's very intuitive...ahhh, relief.
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by nsunnie View Post
    I searched using AppCat and found BugMe! It's exactly what we all need

It's even better than the one for the Treo and it's very intuitive...ahhh, relief.
    Gosh, I guess I can put the javascript and palm pre development books away. I've spent the last two weeks trying to learn enough to program an app.

I couldn't find it in the official catalog but found it via Preware. Cost
    $.99! Heck, I've spent about $50 on books!

I miss the "scribble on the screen" but this is great!

Thanks for the heads up!

Tony
    metus delenda est

So what, big deal....we have a solution to this problem....but I bet you can create all sorts of cool apps that people are in dire need of. Stick with it man...can't wait to see what you create
  11.    #31  
    Thanks. I actually am going to keep learning to program apps for the pre, if only as an intellectual exercise.
    metus delenda est

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12