1.    #1  
    The Opregle app is now available in the Palm App Catalog for $0.99! Get your copy of Opregle today!
    nice! would love to buy it but I don't see it in the app catalog and clicking through the precentral app feed link says "not valid webos application"
    I'd like to write a tiny mini review of this app.

First of all, it just works - and it works FAST. From the main screen it's just one click and you're connected to a stranger to talk to within a few seconds - I am completely in love with the idea that I can hop on my Pre and talk to someone I've never met before with the knowledge that they're looking for conversation too.

The interface is perfect - functional and pretty, though I'd like to see support for skins and styles later on in the year. To disconnect from a user (if you're suffering abuse, or you're just bored of them) just swipe back and the system disconnects immediately and brings you back to the home screen.

At the time of writing the menu button does nothing, but this app hasn't even been out for one day yet, so I'm sure there will be some tweakable options eventually.

This is one of those rare apps that does exactly what it's supposed to do with no messing around. If you're into chatting with strangers and making new friends, this is the best way to do it on your Palm Pre/Pixi.

Great work Clacombe
  4.    #4  
    Ok NOW the app is available for download, simply search "Omegle" or look for "Opregle" in the recent apps category!
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    purchased it.
    works great.
    same here! works well
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by jbarry2821 View Post
    same here! works well
    When you say "works well" do you mean it could be better or something else?
    Perhaps a silly question, but I was wondering.
    Are the users of this app, the iphone app, and the website omegle.com all connected?

I'm only asking because I went to the website and it shows only 5000 users online.
    The number seemed small, but perhaps this isn't a popular service just yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkCovers View Post
    Perhaps a silly question, but I was wondering.
    Are the users of this app, the iphone app, and the website omegle.com all connected?

I'm only asking because I went to the website and it shows only 5000 users online.
    The number seemed small, but perhaps this isn't a popular service just yet.
    They are all connected
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clacombe View Post
    When you say "works well" do you mean it could be better or something else?
    I'm not really sure how it could be better *functionality.*

you've nailed all of omegle's features.
    and the experience is replicated looks-wise as well.

I guess aesthetically... the launcher image could be a little sharper?

I'm grasping for straws here.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by rayln View Post
    I'm not really sure how it could be better *functionality.*

you've nailed all of omegle's features.
    and the experience is replicated looks-wise as well.

I guess aesthetically... the launcher image could be a little sharper?

I'm grasping for straws here.
    Alright, thanks for the feedback, I'll fix that.
  12.    #12  
    V1.1.0 of Opregle will be released soon! View the snapshots on my blog at: Connor LaCombe
    Interesting idea. Sort of scary but maybe a new social service.

But I too, don't wish to talk to iPhone people, just Palm Pre folk.

I think it would be nice to narrow down the type of people we want to chat with.

I want to have something in common to start a conversation.

So if this Omegle service doesn't allow that type of feature, I might pass on this social thing.

I guess some people might like the totally randomness of this, and it's a 6-degrees of separation thing.

But I want 5-degrees.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Interesting idea. Sort of scary but maybe a new social service.

But I too, don't wish to talk to iPhone people, just Palm Pre folk.

I think it would be nice to narrow down the type of people we want to chat with.

I want to have something in common to start a conversation.

So if this Omegle service doesn't allow that type of feature, I might pass on this social thing.

I guess some people might like the totally randomness of this, and it's a 6-degrees of separation thing.

But I want 5-degrees.

Rob
    That's an interesting idea. But because Opregle is simply a client to the larger service Omegle, I'm limited to the features I can add to the app.