Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Today I realized the LinkedIn app fails to receive profile updates or view profiles.
    The LinkedIn app opens as before and my connections are visible but there are no new profile update messages reported, even though I received this morning an email telling there are profiles updated.

When I try to view the profiles of my existing connections, or my own profile, the "ring" starts to circulate but nothing happens ever after.
    It seems like the LinkedIn app never finds connection to the LinkedIn's server.

The data connection over to internet is available, since email and web browser both work.
    Am I alone with this or is there anybody else having this problem?

I just checked and the LinkedIn app still is at 1.0, according to PreCentral Official App Catalog App Gallery, so the app is up to date, right?
    Has LinkedIn changed something at the server and left the LinkedIn app in the dark?
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    More info;
    I can search people in LinkedIn and the resulting name list even include photos in LinkedIn profiles, note! That means at least some data moves between the app and LinkedIn server.
    Still, tapping any name in the list results in that "processing" circle rotating without end.

Is this really solely, completely my problem only, huh?
    I am experiencing the same problem here. I tried to pull up a profile for a contact and his name, title, and picture displayed, but the profile was never retrieved. The circle just kept spinning. I signed out and back in and that did nothing. I even uninstalled/reinstalled the application.
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Good to know - kinda - this isn't an isolated incident.
    When I made my original post here I sent a service request to LinkedIn, too.
    No answer yet, though.
    Hope this is resolved soon!
    Same problem here (pre plus vzw) any news from LinkedIn?
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    After an automated answer to my request from LinkedIn customer service, nothing.
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Some progress; I got an email from LinkedIn technical support.
    They asked me if I would uninstall the LinkedIn app, download the app "fresh" from App Catalog and reinstall it.
    Would someone experiencing this same predicament please try it?
    I can't do it by myself, since App Catalog is unavailable on my Pre at a moment.

This unavailability is due to Palm's apparent policy to deny apps from users not in "official" carriers' network and/or country, your's truly included.
    Last edited by Lemstil; 02/17/2010 at 07:24 AM. Reason: Correcting the correction to get it correct...
    I have removed the LinkedIn app and reinstalled it twice. No Luck! I even removed my Synergy connection. The problem doesn't seem to be with a corrupted application. I assume that either there is a connection problem or with something in the SQLite database. The strange thing is that the app downloads all of my contacts and synergy gets their details. The problem is the app cannot retrieve profiles.

At least LinkedIn responded to your request. I received an automated reply, but no response from them.
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Thanks for the tip - LinkedIn is also DOA on my Sprint Pre.

I think a lot of the big developers are dropping support for webOS, as 1-2 million users just isn't enough to warrant diverting, or continuing to divert resources to a platform with such a small installed user base.

Gonna miss LinkedIn, though.
    All I want is for the app that use to work to work.
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Sent the update to tech support. Thanks, milliman!
    I wish you were wrong, ToddK! Unfortunately, there's clear possibility you are right.
    I corresponded twice with LinkedIn support today and they are aware there is a problem. At least they acknowledge there is an issue which is a big step forward. The tech said that if I do not see a fix or response in 10 days to contact them back.

I am encouraged that this problem may get fixed although I am still greatly disappointed that gDial Pro is gone. I was beginning to feel that the device was going down a dead end street. I need a WebOS 1.4 pick me up!
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    I had another email from tech support too.
    I was asked if I had tried to reinstall the app, which I didn't, since App Catalog won't open at all on my Pre.
    Still, let's keep up hope!
    Thanks for all the hard work Millman. I know what a PIA tech support can be. I will try the uninstall/reinstall thing and keep an try the app over the next 10 days to see if anything changes. All the leg work on your part is really appreciated.
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Any news, anybody?

I remember "the circle of nothingness" kept spinning steadily before. Now the circle stops spinning momentarily time by time. Is that different?
    If only the Linkedin app were in my App Catalog I could even try reinstalling it.
    Thought we might get lucky after 1.4 but nope. I think the good folks at linkedin just don't care. I have been waiting for a post from milliman to see what they tell him.
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    I just tested LinkedIn app and now profiles open OK.
    The profiles of my existing connections and also for persons searched from LinkedIn. My own profile opens too.
    Yesterday any of these didn't work.

Thanks, LinkedIn!
    I was having the same problem last month (Feb 2010). Profiles didn't load - endless circle of death.

Anyhow - I just retried it today (after installing webOS 1.4 last week) - and LinkedIn appears to be working (at least profiles load).
    Yep, started working for me too about 2-3 days after 1.4 update. It's about time. I can also confirm the email functions and profile viewing work for me as well. Yeah!