Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29
  1.    #1  
    webos needs an app that can take apps from installous from the iPhone, and some how convert them to webos, and offer them for free.

    or is there anyway i can get need for speed for free such as i could on the iphone.
  2. #2  
    Not Possible.
  3. eztech's Avatar
    Posts
    53 Posts
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by supercluver View Post
    Not Possible.
    Just because it isn't done just yet doesn't mean it isn't possible...
    You should back your info up....
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by nhaque012 View Post
    or is there anyway i can get need for speed for free such as i could on the iphone.
    You mean like stealing? Side loading pirated apps is theft.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by eztech View Post
    Just because it isn't done just yet doesn't mean it isn't possible...
    You should back your info up....
    What the OP is wanting just isn't going to happen, you can't just have an app that converts iphone apps to webos apps....

    Yeah, iphone apps can be ported, but its not just simple and likely not going to be free.....

    Maybe you should read.....
  6. Helidos's Avatar
    Posts
    791 Posts
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by xome1983 View Post
    You mean like stealing? Side loading pirated apps is theft.
    Whoa now slow down... I agree precentral is not the place to talk about pirating apps, but a lot of theft goes on in these board tether apps yup that's theft of service, side loading sprint apps on bell and uk providers yup theft again.

    So lets not get all moral when it comes to pirating stuff...
  7. Helidos's Avatar
    Posts
    791 Posts
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by supercluver View Post
    What the OP is wanting just isn't going to happen, you can't just have an app that converts iphone apps to webos apps....
    Yes you could but it would not be easy or work for every app, but I agree its not gonna happen.

    Quote Originally Posted by supercluver View Post
    Yeah, iphone apps can be ported, but its not just simple and likely not going to be free.....
    Depends on who does the porting.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by helidos View Post
    Whoa now slow down... I agree precentral is not the place to talk about pirating apps, but a lot of theft goes on in these board tether apps yup that's theft of service, side loading sprint apps on bell and uk providers yup theft again.

    So lets not get all moral when it comes to pirating stuff...
    Moral or otherwise there is a real difference between unlocking built in potential (IE the ability to tether) and installing Need for Speed without paying for it. Either way, I don't think the OP will find much help here for side loading pirated apps OR converting apps from the iphone so he could side load them on his Pre. (The latter of which just isn't practical or currently realistic)
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by helidos View Post
    Whoa now slow down... I agree precentral is not the place to talk about pirating apps, but a lot of theft goes on in these board tether apps yup that's theft of service, side loading sprint apps on bell and uk providers yup theft again.

    So lets not get all moral when it comes to pirating stuff...
    Its not a theft on sprint cause they don't offer it as a service.

    -Toaster
  10. Helidos's Avatar
    Posts
    791 Posts
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by toasterthegamer View Post
    Its not a theft on sprint cause they don't offer it as a service.

    -Toaster
    Because they want people to by air card and pay for the service. So by using your phone your stealing the extra $50 a month for the air card plan

    I could care less, but its funny how moral these board get when it comes to pirating apps but its ok to steal in other ways.
  11. #11  
    It's morally and ethically cloudy at best, but I find a big difference in taking an app for free that the DEV chose to charge for and using an app that allows my device me to use my unlimited data - that I pay for in my plan - any way I choose.

    Not saying it's right or wrong, just saying it's a different discussion.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by helidos View Post
    Because they want people to by air card and pay for the service. So by using your phone your stealing the extra $50 a month for the air card plan

    I could care less, but its funny how moral these board get when it comes to pirating apps but its ok to steal in other ways.
    But I don't tether, nor have I side loaded Sprint apps on a foreign Pre so that point is moot when it comes to me. The boards don't have morals, some users do just like some don't.
  13. #13  
    do you imagine how cool that could be....wow lol... but just imagination !!!!
  14. Helidos's Avatar
    Posts
    791 Posts
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by xome1983 View Post
    But I don't tether, nor have I side loaded Sprint apps on a foreign Pre so that point is moot when it comes to me. The boards don't have morals, some users do just like some don't.
    Oh here we go again with I never pirated anything in my life etc etc.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by helidos View Post
    Oh here we go again with I never pirated anything in my life etc etc.
    It's not that I never have, I'd bet everyone on here has at some point. I just tend to believe that paying for goods is better than stealing them. I used to download music daily at the height of the Napster bubble but have since grown up. If people don't pay for what they take then people don't earn for the products they make. Imagine farming all day and growing corn, at the end of the day someone stole about a tenth of your corn. It might not be enough to even really effect your pocket book but it would **** you off. Now imagine if everyone said "Hey, that guy took a tenth of the other guys corn and no one even cared!" Then they all wanted free corn and they'll take it. This is exactly what's happening right now with pirated software, music, movies, and ebooks. I don't favor locking down everything and closing off the flow but the current system is broken. Stealing won't help that, even if you don't call it stealing.
  16. Helidos's Avatar
    Posts
    791 Posts
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by xome1983 View Post
    It's not that I never have, I'd bet everyone on here has at some point. I just tend to believe that paying for goods is better than stealing them. I used to download music daily at the height of the Napster bubble but have since grown up. If people don't pay for what they take then people don't earn for the products they make. Imagine farming all day and growing corn, at the end of the day someone stole about a tenth of your corn. It might not be enough to even really effect your pocket book but it would **** you off. Now imagine if everyone said "Hey, that guy took a tenth of the other guys corn and no one even cared!" Then they all wanted free corn and they'll take it. This is exactly what's happening right now with pirated software, music, movies, and ebooks. I don't favor locking down everything and closing off the flow but the current system is broken. Stealing won't help that, even if you don't call it stealing.
    I agree but the general attitude towards one type of stealing vs another is laughable on these boards. With the majority being ok with one type and all high and mighty against another.

    Like I said I don't care one way or the other but to many people run around these boards calling the kettle black.
  17. #17  
    The only way to make it not illegal would be to create a alternate interpreter for the applications (similar to ScummVM), and you had previously bought the application from apple.

    Is that going to happen?
    AHahahahahaha, no.

    The other option (without the original source-code being ported, which would be totally legit and easy) would be to create an emulator of sorts, which would defiantly give you undesirable slowness and incomparability for years and years, and falls under the grey, but you still have to have bought the app at one point.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by helidos View Post
    I agree but the general attitude towards one type of stealing vs another is laughable on these boards. With the majority being ok with one type and all high and mighty against another.

    Like I said I don't care one way or the other but to many people run around these boards calling the kettle black.
    I agree with you for the most part. Theft of services are often not regarded the same as theft of products, much like stealing a CD from a store seems worse than downloading a copy from the internet. I myself have the VBA on my Pre and according to U.S. laws I'm allowed to have a backup of my games, according to Nintendo however I am not so I guess there is a little bit of pot calling the kettle and what not.
  19. mosdl's Avatar
    Posts
    781 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by eztech View Post
    Just because it isn't done just yet doesn't mean it isn't possible...
    You should back your info up....
    It is impossible. Automatically conversion is never going to happen. Period.
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
  20. #20  
    I'm not a anti pirating guy, but spring pays the company for sprint navigation, bell charges the consumer, and when you download the sprint app, instead of paying, you are pirating.

    Also, the unlimited plans are that cheap for when you want to use them with your phone, I download nearly a terrabyte of data each year on my computer, and when sprint offers a 60 dollar plan for phones, they are not expecting you to download that much. They are not selling you unlimited data, they are selling you unlimited data for YOUR PHONE! theres a difference...


    I'm not telling you to not do it, I actually encourage it... Why? because those *******s do what ever they can to make money. In Canada, i have had my provider, bell, (telus did the same), bring up the cost of certain things, while i was in a contract. My caller id was 5 bucks a month, and incoming text were free. My incoming texts started costing 10 cents (if i remember right), and called id went up to 7. While i was in a contract, and couldn't leave... Telus introduced the same policies, and my friend with rogers hasn't had a better experience (we only have 3 major network providers..) We have some mini ones, but they are owned by the big ones. Theres a new one called Wind, but they have like 5% of the population covered. I hope they expand, and increase the competetion, cause our prices are plain dumb.


    heres certain things you might have not known about most canadian plans:

    *evening, are actually now weeknights, and start at 9pm most of the time
    *We have to long distance fees to make calls when calling to a area with a different area code. Like, places within the same province
    * incoming texts cost 10 cents, unless you are on a text plan
    * we have a 7 dollar a month system acces fee (they are starting to remove it now, but i still pay it on my bill)
    * Most of the time caller id, and voicemail are ad ons. (even on a 50 bucks data, and voice plan with 500mb..) (i got mine for free, by threating to leave, but still)



    I dunno about you, but most of those don't sound right to me...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions