1.    #1  
    My WebOS is up to date and (1.3.5.1) my Pre in general works acceptably.

My problem is that certain apps, like PhotoDialer, are not updating (I get an error message). I can't delete these apps, either. The phone asks to reboot, but once that is done, I still can't update the phone.

I am afraid that I may have messed something up by updating to the current OS without deleting one or two very minor hacks.

Short of deleting everything and starting fresh, how can I fix this problem? I have WebOSDoctor, but I'm concerned about inadvertently bricking the phone.

Any suggestions?

Joe Parsons
    +1........except I have about 5 apps in all with yellow triangles up over them. I tried dl'ing some new apps via Sprint App Store and updating a few old and now I got a mess. I have 5 apps that wont work, wont update or delete (sort of). I say sort of cuz when I hit 'List Apps' in the launcher window, these 5 apps dont come up, however, their icons still come up under the app menu with lil yellow triangles?!?!?

Any ideas!?!?!
    first try going into preware and installing the emergency migration and emergency reconstruct patches. just go into list of everything and start typing emergency and they should pop up . try that and see if that help you out
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  4.    #4  
    I have PreWare installed on my Pre. I have found the two emergency apps, but when I try to install them, I get an error: cannot find package org.webosinternals.emergency-migration-helper. I tried to run the updater and got a similar message.
    This thread got me motivated to find a fix and believe it or not I found a solution that 'worked for me'.....not sure why it's working now since I did try the same thing earlier.

Try:
    - opening the App Catalog
    - find the troubled program in there and click on it (photodialer was one of them)
    - it should say on the bottom, "install failed" with a yellow triangle
    - click on that, it'll ask "try again" or ????? [sorry cant remember]....
    - click on "try again", then before it downloads click the X to cancel download

That did it for me, the icons on the app menu are no longer there. Hope this helps the OP!
    i think something happened to preware you may need to first try rebooting your phone and your computer and then try again . if that does not help then delete preware and reinstallit on your phone. i will be here for a while so when your done trying that just send me a private message telling me everything you have tried and i will help you trouble shoot your phone.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    one other thing i found its quite simple too open web browser and swipe down top menu from left and preferences then clear cache and cookies and then try the app catalog again .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Shadavis- if you dont mind my asking......I installed the new Preware today and noticed if I click on an app that is listed in the App Catalog, it directs me there. I dont recall the older version doing this, is this something new?

Also noticed it will NOT install, install fails then says a "restart required".....which I tried earlier without any good results.
    they have apps from the app catalog linked in preware now yes it does that and it did not do that before . its kool your phone is just fine lol.

try opening web browser and swipe down top menu from top left and go into preferences and sroll down and clear cookies and cache . this may or may not fix your issue
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Nope, for whatever reason I cant install the WHERE or any other app w/out getting a "install failed" message and a request to restart. I've tried restarting and cancelling the restart with negative results.
    the only other fix i know of is a partial erase . sorry and its not guaranteed to work either
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    NP....thnx anyway!