1.    #1  
    Slide Show shows a full screen version of your wallpaper and prevents your screen from turning off, so that you can use your Pre or Pixi as a digital picture frame.

Currently, Slide Show only changes pictures when your wallpaper is changed by another app that cycles your wallpaper, such as Switcharoo or Flickr Addict.

View in the app catalog

Feel free to leave feedback or feature requests.
    Last edited by ClearWater; 02/21/2010 at 12:43 AM.
    Check out my apps at clearwaterapps.com
    Does this work with the Touchstone?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by jkurtw View Post
    Does this work with the Touchstone?
    Yes. Slide Show will keep your Pre/Pixi screen on, while it is charging on the touchstone, so that you can view your pictures while sitting at your desk etc.

Since it pulls the images from your wallpaper, you can choose from any number of apps to cycle the images.
    For what it's worth, Flickr Addict includes this functionality natively, no need for a second app.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by shaneosullivan View Post
    For what it's worth, Flickr Addict includes this functionality natively, no need for a second app.
    Yeah the intent is to add support for showing a slide show of local images on disk, but Palm has not allowed access to those APIs yet. I have that version ready for whenever they open it up...
    Clearwater, I really like this app. I bought it and then you sent me the homebrew version which works great with local images.

Any plans to allow for landscape view? Also, I notice the settings don't stay after closing the program...

Thanks!
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by jon96321 View Post
    Clearwater, I really like this app. I bought it and then you sent me the homebrew version which works great with local images.

Any plans to allow for landscape view? Also, I notice the settings don't stay after closing the program...

Thanks!
    Thanks for the note about the settings. I'll have to look at that.

I had landscape enabled, but it shifted the picture to the left for some weird reason so I turned it off. I also was not sure if it was valuable, because it really depends on how you were holding your phone when you took the picture. If you have landscape photos, then they will show up correctly.

Thoughts?
    Landscape photos do work but don't take advantage of the full screen. Since I mainly use this app when the Pre is on the Touchstone, my thought would be to have both a 'landscape' and 'portrait' photo folder and just pick one depending on the orientation of the phone on the Touchstone. That way I can see both types of photos at their best.
    Quote Originally Posted by jon96321 View Post

Thanks!
    How do I get a hold of the Homebrew version of this?
    My History of the last 10 years with Sprint! Palm Pre is by far the BEST!

10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by huffman01 View Post
    How do I get a hold of the Homebrew version of this?
    Send $2 to clearwaterapps@gmail.com via paypal and I will email you the ipk file that can be installed with WebOS Quick Install.

Or you can buy it in the app catalog, leave a review with your username, and then email me your user name, so that I know you purchased.