Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    well, bad kitty has finally been released in the catalog as of an hour ago.

of all the apps I've tried, twee is the one I've enjoyed the most simply because of its 'kitchen sink' approach towards features.

its integration with other twitter services is impressive but sacrifices speed, navigation and intuitiveness to do so.

I've been holding the gun on purchasing the full version of twee 'til I could test bad kitty out.

unfortunately there's no trial version and while the preview pics in the catalog and the dev diary certainly make it look/seem interesting, I'm uneasy about shelling out for it.

bad kitty looks light on the features in order for a more aesthetically pleasing experience.

it looks like the whole designer/engineer issue.

anyone who's bought bad kitty wanna chime in?

edit:
    and anyone who resides in ny and has purchased said app, were you charged a sales tax?
    strange question, I know, but I'm interested in gathering info re: online sales tax in case I don't purchase and can't check receipt for myself.
    Last edited by rayln; 02/05/2010 at 06:01 AM.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    I paid for and use Tweed and generally like it a lot, and have grown very accustomed to the features in it. I bought Bad Kitty and have to say it is a nice approach and a fast client, but still needs a little work to be up to par in it's feature set. The developer seems very responsive and focused on getting improvements in it quickly, however, so I'd check back when the next version is available.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ahitz View Post
    I paid for and use Tweed and generally like it a lot, and have grown very accustomed to the features in it. I bought Bad Kitty and have to say it is a nice approach and a fast client, but still needs a little work to be up to par in it's feature set. The developer seems very responsive and focused on getting improvements in it quickly, however, so I'd check back when the next version is available.
    I agree entirely.
    I actually bought it later the same day.
    (for those wondering, tax in ny state does apply).

I don't regret my purchase, caveat being the developer is responsive and promises to update.

to those currently using twee or tweed, I'd suggest you might want to hold off purchasing.

it is quite beautiful. the aesthetics in design and performance are powerful.
    managing accounts is handled gorgeously and the client itself is very responsive.
    it lacks more robust features and deeper service integration.

I would definitely keep my eye on it for the future however.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Does Tweed refresh automatically? i have Twee and you always have to open it for it to auto retrieve new tweets.. maybe its cause I have free version tho..