Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hey Everyone. I am always wondering what kind of major applications are on the horizon for webOS but haven't found a definative list so I thought it would be nice have a thread that tracks what applications we know are being developed for the webOS. If we're lucky perhaps it can become a sticky. Please reply to this thread with any information you can gather about planned apps, including a link to some kind of official comment (company tweet, blog, product page, article, etc) and a release date or time period if possible. I'll be updating this post based on the information that is gathered from this thread. Thanks.

==========================================
    Coming Soon (with official information)

Agendus
    -ETA: ?
    -iambic acquired by SplashData, Agendus coming to webOS and Android

Agile Messenger
    -Agile Mobile - MSN, ICQ, AIM, XMPP, IMPS, Google Talk & Yahoo! Messenger for Palm Pre

Documents To Go
    -ETA: Early 2010
    -Documents To Go for palm webOS

Flash 10.1
    -ETA: February 2010
    -http://www.precentral.net/flash-webo...irmed-february

Gameloft: Most Games
    -ETA: Rolling out weekly
    -Twitter / Gameloft: @markifurung We're plannin ...

Glu Mobile Games
    -ETA: More webOS Games are coming
    -Twitter / Glu Mobile: They're coming. Sign up to ...

LDS Mobile Scriptures (Gospel Library)
    -https://tech.lds.org/wiki/index.php/...tures_Palm_Pre

Mundu IM
    -ETA: Coming Soon. Mobile web version available now at http://pre.mundu.com
    -Mundu IM - An Instant Messenger for Palm PRE.

Coming Soon (no official link for confirmation)

Qik
    - 2/5/10 - Email from Qik to IcerC
    - 7/09 - Qik: "Probably ,it will be supported one day."
    - 7/09 - Qik: "We are always working to support more phones including the Palm Pre. At the moment, we do not have any beta version of the Palm Pre."

Released (graduated from the coming soon list)

Epocrates
    -Released: Feb 2010
    -Epocrates Rx on the Palm Pre and Pixi

Gowalla
    -Released: March 2010
    -A New & Improved Mobile Web! « Gowalla

Grooveshark
    -Released: Feb 2010
    -Grooveshark Mobile Music: Available Phones
    Last edited by krope32; 03/09/2010 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Added a some apps
    Agile Messenger (Works with AIM®, MSN® / Windows Live®, Yahoo!® Messenger, GoogleTalk®, ICQ®, & Jabber.)

Sadly, i cant post links but google 'Agilemobile'.

This is of course assuming that Palm doesn't implement them first
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    have you guys tried out the App Idea Box app?? App Idea Box :: Home

is a great idea, basically you ask for an app, and developers can look into it. You can even put a price on the app..
    < M105 - M130 - M515 - T|T3 - Clié UX50 - T|x - Pré - Pré 2 - TouchPad 16GB>
    [url]
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hz-R View Post
    Thanks for the link. For those here who did not click it yet, they have an input box where you can add your email address to be notified when it becomes available.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
  7.    #7  
    Thanks for all the tips. I've added them to the first post.

App Idea Box is a great idea, but it is not exactly what I was looking for in this thread because it shows what people want, not necessarily what companies are planning on or are developing.

Keep the info coming!
    "Qik for the pre is currently work in progress.
    -Amit"

Thats from an email from qik.com
    Add that as TBA

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    "Qik for the pre is currently work in progress.
    -Amit"

Thats from an email from qik.com
    Add that as TBA

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Looking forward to Document To Go. *Waits Patiently*
    +1 DTG
    Add in DateBk7 and I'd be really happy
    Docs to Go.....waiting....waiting.....
    Quote Originally Posted by rlangley21 View Post
    Docs to Go.....waiting....waiting.....
    Yea, they need to get this out....I thought it was originally due late 2009. I have a To Do List I made in word and save on the phone and would like to be able to edit it one day soon. Can't wait, hope it works good.
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    YouView visual voicemail, (NOT GoogleVoice), will be released shortly after webOS 1.4 is released, which improves/fixes, among other things, contact syncing, which has been a problem for YouView, as it uses your contact list for it's "Smart greeting" feature, as well as, to customize call greetings, and set up contact group greetings.

The beta app, YouView 0.5.10 is available through the AppScoop beta catalog - The app requires that an account with YouMail is also set up. (free, at YouMail.com the only feature that is fee based is, transcription which starts at $3.99/month, I personaly don't care about transcription, so I use the free services, which are great!)

The variety and flexibility of the notification features from YouView are a strong point of the app and are very well done as well - the key is getting ones contacts properly synced with YouView and the Pre. Once webOS 1.4 drops, and theses issues are resolved, this app will shine!

This will be a great app for webOS.
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    FYI - from the YouMail webstite:

...better than GoogleVoice? - maybe. ...sure, transcription is fee based, (starting at $3.99/month, but, Google's free transcription isn't very good. (actually,it pretty much sucks, but, on the other hand, unless I'm mistaken, YouMail actually uses a human to do the transcribing, so privacy could be an issue for some,), ...everything else is free on YouMail, with features and flexibility, that far surpass GVoice.

With AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile and US Cellular already offering YouMail free, Sprint might not be far behind. ;-)

About YouMail

YouMail provides a free, completely customizable cell phone voicemail service that lets users customize, manage and deliver messages the way they want, when they want – saving both time and money. YouMail users can choose to retrieve voicemail through its handset application for the iPhone, Blackberry, and Android smart phones, through the web browser, in e-mail, or by calling in. From visual voicemail, to voice-to-text, to custom and community-shared greetings, and voicemail filtering, YouMail gives users complete control of their voicemail, providing the best and most simple voicemail solution. YouMail provides an ad-supported free service, as well as a set of premium services, including near perfect voice-to-text transcription.

The YouMail service is being adopted rapidly by consumers, with approximately 500,000 registered YouMail accounts, and is currently available free of charge to most AT&T Wireless, Verizon Wireless, T-mobile and US Cellular users. The company has a growing set of distribution partnerships and serves as the default voicemail service for wireless carriers including Immix Wireless, BlueWireless, and iSmart Mobile.
    Last edited by ToddK; 02/10/2010 at 10:56 AM.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Flash in February.
    (which could be a lie. It was announced for October, before December, and the beta was supposed to come out before the update, right? So much for that.)
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddK View Post
    YouView visual voicemail, (NOT GoogleVoice), will be released shortly after webOS 1.4 is released, which improves/fixes, among other things, contact syncing, which has been a problem for YouView, as it uses your contact list for it's "Smart greeting" feature, as well as, to customize call greetings, and set up contact group greetings.

The beta app, YouView 0.5.10 is available through the AppScoop beta catalog - The app requires that an account with YouMail is also set up. (free, at YouMail.com the only feature that is fee based is, transcription which starts at $3.99/month, I personaly don't care about transcription, so I use the free services, which are great!)

The variety and flexibility of the notification features from YouView are a strong point of the app and are very well done as well - the key is getting ones contacts properly synced with YouView and the Pre. Once webOS 1.4 drops, and theses issues are resolved, this app will shine!

This will be a great app for webOS.
    I love Youmail, but Youview so far has not impressed me. I understand its beta, with all the usual issues. I use the Youmail mobile site. I look forward yo seeing Youview after 1.4 and its official release.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    From Epocrates newsletter received tonight:

Coming Soon ... Android, Palm Pre, and iPad!

We're excited to share that native applications for Epocrates Rx on the Palm Pre/Pixi and Android will launch in just a few weeks! Do you want to be notified when it's available? Let us know for Android or Palm Pre Epocrates Rx on the Palm Pre and Pixi - Coming Soon!.
    Quote Originally Posted by crawdaddct View Post
    I love Youmail, but Youview so far has not impressed me. I understand its beta, with all the usual issues. I use the Youmail mobile site. I look forward yo seeing Youview after 1.4 and its official release.
    Although you DO have to pay for the transcriptions, the combination of Youmnail transcription service with the Youview app is incredible. It is exactly how visual voicemail should be, IMO (and should have been included somehow on the Pre, even if for an additional charge). The issues with the Youview Beta don't effect the basic functionality of the app, especially if you are a transcription subscriber.

Frankly, you have to see it to appriciate it. I thought the SMS notifications that Youmaill does (similar to google voicemail) would be fine, and, honestly, they ARE fine. But the Youview app takes it to another level. I highly encourage folks to download the Youview app (don't do the contact syncing option at first. Its not necessary for the app and is one of the issues that is awaiting a 1.4 fix. Works fine for some but others having problems so wait to play with that if you just tyring out the app) and then sign up for the free 7 day transcription trial at Youmail.
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    <Frankly, you have to see it to appriciate it. I thought the SMS notifications that Youmaill does (similar to google voicemail) would be fine, and, honestly, they ARE fine. But the Youview app takes it to another level.>

I couldn't agree more. However, the "look" of the app, from dashboard notifications, to received voice mails viewed within the YouView app, is greatly enhanced when contacts and contact pics are correctly synced. Once this is done correctly, the app not only works as visual v-mail should work, it LOOKS great doing it too! ;-)

I think once webOS improves contact syncing functionality, YouView will really stand out. I don't need, or want someone transcribing my voice mails, which is the only thing that isn't free, so for me, the service is free. Whatever the developer wants to charge for the webOS/YouMail mobile app, (YouView), will be well worth the the cost.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast