1.    #1  
    I am just gearing up to start working on pre apps for the store, in doing so I needed to learn to work with the api's available in Mojo and on webos so I built a dial pad for dialing without needing to look at your phone, I plan to release this as a free app on the app store but I would like some help testing it before I submit it.

App Url:
    developer.palm.com/webChannel/index.php?packageid=com.scottbyrns.blinddial

The idea is that the feed back from the device will allow you to know which number you are currently thumbed over.
    Simply place your finger any where on the screen and the number 5 will auto center under your thumb, move your finger into another number and you will hear a sound and feel a vibration, let off and the number is dialed.

To clear all numbers swipe from the top left to the bottom right of the screen

To place the call swipe from the top right to the bottom left of the screen

To undo you last number entry double tap the screen

EDIT:
    In this app you don't tap to dial, you slide to the number then lift your finger to dial

Thanks,
    Scott
    Last edited by scottbyrns; 02/03/2010 at 11:13 PM.
    interesting concept. Problem I see is that once the keypad is centered after you tap, it dials a 5. Could be tough to dial a number if it doesn't start with a 5. Also, after dialing the 5, it doesn't let me dial any other numbers. It just displays "<<". The swipe from top left to bottom right and swipe from top right to bottom left are a unique touch.

EDIT: turns out I didn't fully understand how to use the app, I was under the impression that you tap to center, and then tap based on where you think the numbers you want to press are, but I figured out that you tap and hold and slide your finger to the number you wish to select. More I play with it, the easier it is to use. Nice beta app, interested to see how this develops in the future.
    Last edited by GarrettQ; 02/03/2010 at 11:05 PM.
  3.    #3  

You're suffering from the same problem every one has at first, you don't tap to dial, you slide to the number then lift your finger to dial, tapping is only for undoing your last action.
    edit my above post before seeing your reply which confirmed my findings. Nice job on the app, worked very nice when I actually used it correctly.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrettQ View Post
    Nice beta app, interested to see how this develops in the future.
    Thank you
    As for the future of it, you need only flick your thumb to get an idea, I'll be working to make the "Flick Dialer" wicked easy to use by finding an easier way to dial the zero that doesn't get in the way of flick dialing the 8 as well as figuring out how to make the 5 quicker to dial.
    I get not a valid webos when I type in the link
    This would be great if it could dial the preset speed dial numbers too. Good idea.