Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Do you wish you could minimize all your apps that are running on your Pre/Pixi, so that you can just see a nice clean wallpaper?

ClearCard allows you to keep your apps open and your wallpaper visible. By appearing almost entirely invisible when minimized, ClearCard can sit front and center on your Pre or Pixi, without blocking the view of your wallpaper.

When your wallpaper changes, ClearCard automatically adjusts to continue appearing nearly invisible.

When you maximize ClearCard, it shows your entire wallpaper. 'Tap+hold' to make it full screen.

View in Palm Catalog

**Please post any feedback or comments in this thread**

Feature Requests:
    Automatically adjust for notifications - this is not possible that I know of, but I will continue the search
    Full Screen mode - added in 1.0.2
    Keep screen on while charging (see Slide Show)

How it works - ClearCard simply detects which picture you have set as your wallpaper, and then uses that image to blend itself perfectly into the background. Works with and without notifications present.

ClearCard does NOT make your other apps invisible. This is not possible with official tools.

Updates:
    v1.0.9
    - fixed 24hr time bug that cut off minutes
    - added ability to auto maximize ClearCard when screen locks
    v1.0.8
    - fixed Pixi display for webOS 1.4
    - added ability to force a refresh if webOS is misbehaving (also advanced option to always force the refresh)
    - separated options to show time/date

v1.0.5
    - added time/date widget, see preferences menu

v1.0.4
    - fixed redraw when screen was unlocked

v1.0.3
    - added preferences menu allowing you to lock down the display mode and disable the quick toggle-tap

v1.0.2
    -Added support for full screen viewing via 'tap+hold'
    -Updated icon
    Last edited by ClearWater; 01/22/2011 at 09:34 PM.
    Does this work with Switcharoo?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by jkurtw View Post
    Does this work with Switcharoo?
    Yes, Clear Card registers for a webOS event that notifies it whenever there is a wallpaper change.

This allows Clear Card to stay updated and nearly invisible without consuming any processor resources.
    Check out my apps at clearwaterapps.com
    does it only make the middle card clear?? cuz it looks like it on the screen shot. And how am i supposed to know which card it is if it's clear lol
    This works really nicely with Switcheroo, and if you keep Clear Card maximized, you have your wallpaper and easily flip through apps with swipes if you have the advanced app switching gesture enabled.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by notalexrz View Post
    does it only make the middle card clear?? cuz it looks like it on the screen shot. And how am i supposed to know which card it is if it's clear lol
    Yes, Clear Card itself is clear. It does not make your other apps clear. Therefore, you are able to see your wallpaper by keeping Clear Card in the center when minimized.

You can also maximize the card to see your wallpaper as it looks when no cards are open.

I will be pushing an update soon that also allows you to put it into full screen mode to cover the top "Sprint" bar, if you want to.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    This works really nicely with Switcheroo, and if you keep Clear Card maximized, you have your wallpaper and easily flip through apps with swipes if you have the advanced app switching gesture enabled.
    Good call. I had not done this yet. This will look even better once I push the update with full screen support.
    so really...this app does not change the other cards that are open to a clear card...u must have this app open to have the "clear card" open when having multiple apps open....correct?
    what a great, simple little app. Thanks for making this.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by nstereo2002 View Post
    so really...this app does not change the other cards that are open to a clear card...u must have this app open to have the "clear card" open when having multiple apps open....correct?
    You are correct. And since you have many apps open, it should be ok to keep this one open too
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    what a great, simple little app. Thanks for making this.
    You are welcome.
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    This is a great app and I'm using it with Flickr Addict to great effect.

I have a question though. Right now when you click on the card (when it's maximized), you get a note saying that it is configured for notifications being present or not present. I have notifications present. I have notifications present all the time (since I run Quick System Tasks and TealSpeed), but for the life of me I cannot tell the difference when I "toggle" these two modes. Even if there was truely a difference, I'm wondering if there might be another way to do the toggle? The problem I have is that I will click on the minimized notifications in the dashboard to maximize them to see the details (say what email I just got), then if I don't actually deal with that notification - or swipe it away, I still need to get the dashboard into it's minimized state again. The only way I know to do this is to click on an area outside the dashboard. If Clear Card is maximized, doing this creates this notifcation which i think have to do yet another click to get rid of. Any way to put this in the menu maybe?

Thanks for a great app, though!
    Twitter: @dvdmon

13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmon View Post
    but for the life of me I cannot tell the difference when I "toggle" these two modes.
    You will only see the difference once you minimize the card. It adjusts the image to adapt for the fact that the minimized card is smaller when notifications are present.

Even if there was truely a difference, I'm wondering if there might be another way to do the toggle?
    For now, try just double tapping in the middle of Clear Card (meaning click once, you will see the notification, dont click OK, just click the grayed out image in the background again. This will toggle back to how you had it, then click ok). In summary, double tap the image on Clear Card and click OK.

You can also do an UP swipe from the gesture area to minimize Clear Card and then click on it again to maximize it. This minimizes the notifications in the dashboard.
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ClearWater View Post
    You will only see the difference once you minimize the card. It adjusts the image to adapt for the fact that the minimized card is smaller when notifications are present.

For now, try just double tapping in the middle of Clear Card (meaning click once, you will see the notification, dont click OK, just click the grayed out image in the background again. This will toggle back to how you had it, then click ok). In summary, double tap the image on Clear Card and click OK.

You can also do an UP swipe from the gesture area to minimize Clear Card and then click on it again to maximize it. This minimizes the notifications in the dashboard.
    Ok, I finally see the difference, but it seems so miniscule it's hardly worth forcing the user to do an extra click. Again, I would really suggest that this be put somewhere else rather than just a general activation anytime you hit any place on the Clear Card card when active. Is there any way to only allow this to show up if you click in, say, the top half of the card, that way at least once you are trained to do so if it's not important to you you can just click on the bottom half just once to get back your background. Anyway, that's my suggestion, but I don't know how others feel about it, hopefully someone else will pipe in and give their opinion...

15.    #15  
    Ok, I finally see the difference, but it seems so miniscule it's hardly worth forcing the user to do an extra click. Again, I would really suggest that this be put somewhere else rather than just a general activation anytime you hit any place on the Clear Card card when active. Is there any way to only allow this to show up if you click in, say, the top half of the card, that way at least once you are trained to do so if it's not important to you you can just click on the bottom half just once to get back your background. Anyway, that's my suggestion, but I don't know how others feel about it, hopefully someone else will pipe in and give their opinion...
    It's good feedback. What I may do in a future update is give you the ability to turn off the quick toggle in the preferences.
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ClearWater View Post
    It's good feedback. What I may do in a future update is give you the ability to turn off the quick toggle in the preferences.
    That'll work, great, thanks!

17.    #17  
    Version 1.0.2 is live!

Try 'tap+hold' when Clear Card is maximized to view your wallpaper full screen, covering the top bar and any notifications.

The icon is updated and now installs correctly rather than the moon.

Enjoy
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    If the "clear card" is moved, the image doesn't stay centered right?
    Still might be useful as a spacer...
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanLipson View Post
    If the "clear card" is moved, the image doesn't stay centered right?
    Still might be useful as a spacer...
    Not sure what you mean... but yes, if you move Clear Card, your wallpaper will no longer be visible, because another card is now in the foreground. Clear Card is intended to act as a place holder that makes your wallpaper visible even though you have apps open.

When it is minimized, it looks like the pic above. When it is maximized it show a full screen image of your wallpaper, completely clean.
    Umm... I'm sorry I'm really trying to understand this... Why the heck would anyone need this for anything? What does it do? All I see is a useless app that you can't even see. Please enlighten me on why someone would want this app.
Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast