Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
    clearwater,

so I wanted to thank you for updating the app to include a preference for making the maximize function when the screen is locked. I have gotten used to it and it is great to be able to see my home screen every time I turn the screen on.......I still think I would prefer the minimized view on unlock, but i realize the lack of this is not your fault, but rather Palms. Here's to hoping the minimize function will work properly one of these days.

I had another request...the only annoying thing about the maximize function is when I answer a phone call. here is what happens. any time i use the phone app (to make or receive a call), I put the phone up to my ear. based on the accelerometer, the phone's screen locks while you are on the phone and unlocks when you move the phone away from your ear. I might move the phone away from my ear during a call to dial an extension, look something up on my phone, etc. etc. However, when I do this, the phone acts as if the screen is being unlocked and clearcard is maximized. then, i have to swipe clearcard to minimize it, switch to the phone app, maximize it, and then do what I want (dial extension, or press 1 to leave a message on voicemail). I was wondering whether it would be possible to have the maximize function work for all screen unlocks EXCEPT for when the phone is being used. possible? i figure it could be an if...then statement if the phone can tell what state it is in (i.e. during an active phone call).

Thanks!

John
    My Patches
    -Change Number of Bookmarks.patch
    -Change Carrier String and Color of Carrier String and Date/Time.patch
    -Increase Top Bar Font Size.patch

If you appreciate the work or comments somebody has done, then use the thanks button to let them know!

"Freedom isn't free"
  2.    #162  
    Quote Originally Posted by jmartino2011 View Post
    clearwater,

so I wanted to thank you for updating the app to include a preference for making the maximize function when the screen is locked. I have gotten used to it and it is great to be able to see my home screen every time I turn the screen on.......I still think I would prefer the minimized view on unlock, but i realize the lack of this is not your fault, but rather Palms. Here's to hoping the minimize function will work properly one of these days.

I had another request...the only annoying thing about the maximize function is when I answer a phone call. here is what happens. any time i use the phone app (to make or receive a call), I put the phone up to my ear. based on the accelerometer, the phone's screen locks while you are on the phone and unlocks when you move the phone away from your ear. I might move the phone away from my ear during a call to dial an extension, look something up on my phone, etc. etc. However, when I do this, the phone acts as if the screen is being unlocked and clearcard is maximized. then, i have to swipe clearcard to minimize it, switch to the phone app, maximize it, and then do what I want (dial extension, or press 1 to leave a message on voicemail). I was wondering whether it would be possible to have the maximize function work for all screen unlocks EXCEPT for when the phone is being used. possible? i figure it could be an if...then statement if the phone can tell what state it is in (i.e. during an active phone call).

Thanks!

John
    Yes, I have noticed this on my own Pre and it is definitely annoying.

There is an update for the Pre coming out soon, so I will need to test and tweak my apps for that. When I do, I will look into this, because I agree with you for sure.

There is no way to ask the Pre if you are on a call (that is in the documentation), but I may be able to find a work around.

Thanks for the feedback.
    Check out my apps at clearwaterapps.com
    I had stopped using this app because it was too much trouble to turn it on whenever there was a reset. But I now use Mode Switcher and one of my settings is that clearcard opens whenever the default mode is triggered. That means that whenever there is a reset (luna or full) clearcard will open. Makes life much simpler.
    Laissez Faire
    look thanks.
    i am having an issue where by when my clearcard is maximised, the wallpaper is not in the correct ratio? (when not full screened) image become slight squished vertically. (shorter)
    Hi Clearwater,

Thanks for this app, as soon as I discovered it, I bought it.
    I really like the ability to see wallpapers instead of card.

I was wondering if could you consider integrate:
    -backswipe to come back to the previous card, (the same function as the advance setting in the gesture area).
    -frontswipe to go to the next card.

What do you think?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaetan75009 View Post
    I was wondering if could you consider integrate:
    -backswipe to come back to the previous card, (the same function as the advance setting in the gesture area).
    -frontswipe to go to the next card.

What do you think?

Thanks
    That already works, as you've mentioned, with Advanced Gestures turned on...

That's a system-wide gesture, no need to integrate.
    I just recently picked it up (half off!)... great app, works well. Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by fstopstigmata View Post
    That already works, as you've mentioned, with Advanced Gestures turned on...

That's a system-wide gesture, no need to integrate.
    Thanks, I know.

I feel it is just easier to swipe in the middle of the screen, especially if you're holding the pre with one hand and swiping with the thumb from the same hand.

Clearcard is always in front after screen has turned off, which is a very good thing 99% of the time...
    But sometimes, I just want the fastest/easiest access to my data, the last card opened.

But obviously, if I'm the only one interested in this feature, there is just no point.
  10.    #170  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaetan75009 View Post
    Thanks, I know.

I feel it is just easier to swipe in the middle of the screen, especially if you're holding the pre with one hand and swiping with the thumb from the same hand.

Clearcard is always in front after screen has turned off, which is a very good thing 99% of the time...
    But sometimes, I just want the fastest/easiest access to my data, the last card opened.

But obviously, if I'm the only one interested in this feature, there is just no point.
    Yeah that is a good idea, but it is outside the scope of what the SDK will allow me to do.

You can control other cards or "make them active", the so the closet thing I could do is minimize ClearCard, which you can already do.

Hopefully, with the next webOS update, I will be able to make ClearCard center itself minimized in card view. That way it is ready to be swiped out of the way. That function was not working in the current SDK.
    @ClearWater -- I PM'd you about Clear Card -- Not sure if you are set up for notifications so I thought I'd post here as you requested.
  12.    #172  
    Quote Originally Posted by palmuse View Post
    @ClearWater -- I PM'd you about Clear Card -- Not sure if you are set up for notifications so I thought I'd post here as you requested.
    Thanks. I hit you back on PM... and turned notifications on
    Love this app!

FYI, Clearcard automatically responds to wallpaper changes made by the old homebrew "Switcharoo", but apparently not so for the current App Catalog "Wallpaper Switcharoo".
    ClearWater,

Can you tell us whether you're planning to submit an update of ClearCard that can keep up with Wallpaper Switcharoo? Currently I've got the "Always Force Refresh" option turned on, but it seems that ClearCard takes a while to update itself after a wallpaper change by Wallpaper Switcharoo, and in any case the forced refresh seems like an awkward solution to the problem.

Thanks!
  15.    #175  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Grace View Post
    ClearWater,

Can you tell us whether you're planning to submit an update of ClearCard that can keep up with Wallpaper Switcharoo? Currently I've got the "Always Force Refresh" option turned on, but it seems that ClearCard takes a while to update itself after a wallpaper change by Wallpaper Switcharoo, and in any case the forced refresh seems like an awkward solution to the problem.

Thanks!
    Thanks for pointing this out. When you say "it takes a while to update", do you mean 5 seconds or so? That is the behavior I am seeing right now.

The App Catalog version of Switcharoo used to work fine, but I just updated the demo version to 1.4.1.0 on my Pre and see that the behavior has changed.

I will not be able to get ClearCard to update without forcing the refresh until Palm fixes the bug I am working around with Force Refresh.

I explained the technical issue in an earlier post, if you are interested:

Good to know. Thanks for the info.

I think I found the issue, but no fix yet. It may be Luna's fault but I am not sure. When you change the wallpaper from your Photos app, the wallpaper file ends up being //media/internal/.wallpapers/wallpaper-temp.jpg

If you change the image again, the file path remains the same, the contents of the file is just replaced. However, when ClearCard loads wallpaper-temp.jpg into a new Image() object, it is handed the old image... like the OS cached the contents and is handing me that rather than loading the image from disk.

That is why rebooting Luna fixes it.

My guess is that your weather app is replacing the contents of a file, not creating new files and doing the same thing.

When you change your wallpaper from the Screen/Lock app on the Pre it actually creates a new file, so you never see this issue.

So, the obvious fix is to tell WebOS the file has changed and to reload it... there is a command to refresh the list of wallpapers, but that is not doing the trick. I am looking for other ways to do this.

The only other way I can think to fix it is to force ClearCard to load an image from a new path, but this would involve renaming a file on disk which is not possible with the released APIs.

At least I know what the issue is now... obviously rebooting Luna every time the weather changes is not acceptable
    Actually, sometimes it takes a good deal longer than 5 seconds. Sometimes it seems like ClearCard only force-refreshes when you first open its card view and then minimize it. When you switch focus to ClearCard, it shows the first wallpaper it first loaded, e.g. after a luna restart, and then when you minimize ClearCard, it refreshes to the current wallpaper. This is making things a bit too much of a hassle, and I'm tempted to turn off Wallpaper Switcharoo and resume switching wallpapers manually.

But thanks for the explanation of what's going on.
    I love this app. I like having cards always open, but hate not being able to see the wallpaper.

This app is the solution. However it does not seem to line up perfect on my PIXI
    Last edited by davecttt; 07/12/2010 at 11:29 AM.
  18.    #178  
    Quote Originally Posted by davecttt View Post
    I love this app. I like having cards always open, but hate not being able to see the wallpaper.

This app is the solution. However it does not seem to line up perfect on my PIXI
    This has been reported before, but I have had more recent reports that it was working fine on the Pixi. On the emulator it lines up correctly (I don't have a Pixi).

Are you on the most recent version of webOS (1.4.1.1)?
    Would it be possible to add a feature to allow you to adjust a wallpaper when its minimised, as in its position, as some wallpapers do not blend in, and are too far up to blend in,
    I don't know if this is related to the "Wallpaper Switcharoo" situation, but anyway to make clearcard update along with Weatherman 2.0? right now, when I have clear card open, I often accidentally rely on yesterday's weather...
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast