Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast
    Hey ClearWater, great app! I have very little programming experience, but had tried to make a stage for an app that was translucent. Apparently, that is against WebOS rules, or way beyond my ability to figure Mojo out. Therefore, I was stoked when you came out with ClearCard. I use it everyday, one of three apps I always keep open while at work!

My request is thus: any possibility of making it so that every time the phone is locked (either via the power button or timing out on the screen), ClearCard becomes the center card? This way, when I unlock the screen, ClearCard is in the middle and I can see my background? I know there is a way to force a page of the launcher to always come up as the patches in PreWare have shown (first page or middle page patches). Thanks again!
    My Patches
    -Change Number of Bookmarks.patch
    -Change Carrier String and Color of Carrier String and Date/Time.patch
    -Increase Top Bar Font Size.patch

If you appreciate the work or comments somebody has done, then use the thanks button to let them know!

"Freedom isn't free"
  2.    #122  
    Quote Originally Posted by jstutz View Post
    I'm on Bell's 1.4.1 and only see the free version.
    Yeah, I had overlooked pushing ClearCard international last week. You should have access to it in a week or so.

Thanks for posting!
    Check out my apps at clearwaterapps.com
  3.    #123  
    Quote Originally Posted by jmartino2011 View Post
    Hey ClearWater, great app! I have very little programming experience, but had tried to make a stage for an app that was translucent. Apparently, that is against WebOS rules, or way beyond my ability to figure Mojo out. Therefore, I was stoked when you came out with ClearCard. I use it everyday, one of three apps I always keep open while at work!

My request is thus: any possibility of making it so that every time the phone is locked (either via the power button or timing out on the screen), ClearCard becomes the center card? This way, when I unlock the screen, ClearCard is in the middle and I can see my background? I know there is a way to force a page of the launcher to always come up as the patches in PreWare have shown (first page or middle page patches). Thanks again!
    I think that is a really cool idea, but, as far as I know, webOS won't let you manipulate which cards are where. However, I may be able to maximize ClearCard... you have me thinking.

I'm gonna try something. brb.

UPDATE: Ha! It is possible. Would you be ok with ClearCard being maximized when you unlock? I have that working. Might be able to minimize it into card view, but not sure.
    Last edited by ClearWater; 04/06/2010 at 11:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ClearWater View Post
    I think that is a really cool idea, but, as far as I know, webOS won't let you manipulate which cards are where. However, I may be able to maximize ClearCard... you have me thinking.

I'm gonna try something. brb.

UPDATE: Ha! It is possible. Would you be ok with ClearCard being maximized when you unlock? I have that working. Might be able to minimize it into card view, but not sure.
    Nice work. I think that's probably what he is wanting. I would rather have it maximized showing only the picture than in card view (if I were to enable this preference. )
  5.    #125  
    Quote Originally Posted by MP5_ForTheWin View Post
    I apologize if this has been covered before. I have purchased clear card and installed it. it works great, but I have a odd issue.

When I enable under preferences "show time" I get the time but the minutes get clipped off. it happens when in full screen mode or card mode.

Palm Pre Plus
    No patches
    No themes
    Preware installed

Thank you, for your time.
    Ah, I bet your phone is not returning AM/PM on the end of the time string, therefore the minutes get chopped off rather than the AM/PM. That should be easy to fix.
    I was actually hoping it would be possible to have it minimized when unlocked since that is the way I keep my cards open. I usually have at least three cards open with clearcard in the middle, all minimized. That way, I see my background but I can easily switch between them. I'm not sure if I would like the card if it was maximized since I would have to minimize it before I could use my phone. I think I would need to try it...

I greatly appreciate you looking into it so quickly! it's nice to see developers engaged with their customers.

john
    My Patches

If you appreciate the work or comments somebody has done, then use the thanks button to let them know!

"Freedom isn't free"
  7.    #127  
    Quote Originally Posted by jstutz View Post
    I'm on Bell's 1.4.1 and only see the free version.
    You should be able to get ClearCard in Canada now.

Is it visible for you?
    hey ClearWater,

any word on being able to center clearcard with it minimized when the phone is unlocked?

thanks,

john
    My Patches

"Freedom isn't free"
  9. Vij
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts

Is it visible for you?
    I got it - and bought it. Thanks!
  10.    #130  
    hey ClearWater,

any word on being able to center clearcard with it minimized when the phone is unlocked?

thanks,

john
    Hey john. I know how to minimize the card but the function is doing nothing when I call it. Working on asking other devs what the issue might be. I have seen other people with the issue.

I just submitted an update to version 1.0.9 that will allow you to do it max'd and I'll add card view when possible.

The minutes time bug is fixed too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom2Ninjas View Post
    Ever since 1.4.1.1 Clear Card is not retaining my preferences like it did before. Every time I open it now it is as if I am opening it for the first time.
    I have the same issue.

Rick
  12.    #132  
    Quote Originally Posted by CobERA View Post
    I have the same issue.

Rick
    try deleting ClearCard and reinstalling
    Hey john. I know how to minimize the card but the function is doing nothing when I call it. Working on asking other devs what the issue might be. I have seen other people with the issue.

I just submitted an update to version 1.0.9 that will allow you to do it max'd and I'll add card view when possible.
    Thanks Clearwater, i d/l-ed the update this morning, and will try it out and let you know what i think. it works as you described, with it maximizing when the screen is unlocked, so excellent job with that. I think i would still prefer to have it centered minimized, but having it centered maximized is better than not having it centered.

thanks,

john
    My Patches

"Freedom isn't free"
  14.    #134  
    Thanks Clearwater, i d/l-ed the update this morning, and will try it out and let you know what i think. it works as you described, with it maximizing when the screen is unlocked, so excellent job with that. I think i would still prefer to have it centered minimized, but having it centered maximized is better than not having it centered.

thanks,

john
    Spent a couple hours trying to get a work around to work for minimizing the card, but no luck.

Guess we'll have to wait for the next webOS update. Hopefully they will fix the minimize function that is not working.
    Cool. Thanks for all the help!

It looks like the scale is off too. The heads look to big on the minimized card. Do you agree?

The offset you mention makes it look like they reverted back to the webOS 1.3.5 formatting or something.

I think I will do some mods in the beta and push an update for it for testing.

I should be able to work on it sometime this week.
    I'm not positive from reading back, but I think all this testing was before 1.0.9. I confirmed that the behavior is unchanged.

I'm not sure which formatting you are referring to regarding 1.3.5, but I do know that they wallpaper still correctly centers on the screen when you set your wallpaper.

Is it visible for you?
    Sorry for the late reply. Yes, in Canadian App Catalog. Bought it as soon as I saw it. Thanks for your quick work on this.
  17.    #137  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I'm not positive from reading back, but I think all this testing was before 1.0.9. I confirmed that the behavior is unchanged.

I'm not sure which formatting you are referring to regarding 1.3.5, but I do know that they wallpaper still correctly centers on the screen when you set your wallpaper.
    You are correct. I need to find a Pixi in order to fix the issue, since I don't own one and the emulator is not displaying the same as the real device.
    You are correct. I need to find a Pixi in order to fix the issue, since I don't own one and the emulator is not displaying the same as the real device.
    If it would help, you could whip up an alpha release for me that would grab a bunch of info to dump to a report that I could email to you.

Where are you located? Florida by any chance?
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    FYI, my Pixi is available for your beta releases if you need it. I'd be happy to help with what I can.
    Love our Palms
    Treo600->Treo650->Centro->Pixi
    Treo600->Treo700->Treo800->Pixi
  20.    #140  
    Quote Originally Posted by elvisem View Post
    FYI, my Pixi is available for your beta releases if you need it. I'd be happy to help with what I can.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    If it would help, you could whip up an alpha release for me that would grab a bunch of info to dump to a report that I could email to you.

Where are you located? Florida by any chance?
    Texas... short drive.

Thanks for offering to help.

Figuring out how to line up the images is a painful manual process that I don't want to subject you to.

I will do some brainstorming to think about how I can get your help remotely.

Hmm, I have an idea that might work... not sure.

Can each of you take a screen shot of your phone with no apps open, meaning all that you see is your four icons on the bottom, the top info bar, and your wallpaper.

Then, send me the file of the photo you are using as your wallpaper when you take that screen shot.

Maybe I can use both of those to recreate a virtual Pixi and get them to line up.

You can attach them here or send them to clearwaterapps@gmail.com

thanks!
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast