Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1.    #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by elvisem View Post
    I did have that on but o just toggled everything and had no effect on the image.
    Just to be clear...
    1) You have "Toggle when tapped" set to ON
    2) Then you use the back gesture to get back to the ClearCard view
    3) Then you tap the screen until it says "Normal Display"
    4) Then you minimize the card and it still looks like that?

If you close ClearCard and try that again, does it still happen?

It is working correctly for me, but I will have to try the Pixi emulator later.
    Check out my apps at clearwaterapps.com
  2.    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan3816 View Post
    The clock looks great where it is, but the date is unnecessary and kinda looks odd where it is and of the size it is. Maybe you could have TWO options in the prefs, one for time and the other for date. Thanks.
    Do you have a suggestion on how to make the date look better or is it just redundant for you since you have the patch?
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ClearWater View Post
    Just to be clear...
    1) You have "Toggle when tapped" set to ON
    2) Then you use the back gesture to get back to the ClearCard view
    3) Then you tap the screen until it says "Normal Display"
    4) Then you minimize the card and it still looks like that?

If you close ClearCard and try that again, does it still happen?

It is working correctly for me, but I will have to try the Pixi emulator later.
    Yes to all five of your points...
    Last edited by elvisem; 03/03/2010 at 05:51 PM.
    Love our Palms
    Treo600->Treo650->Centro->Pixi
    Treo600->Treo700->Treo800->Pixi
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I keep trying to post screenshots but they are not visible to me, can you see them? I tried a free server where I have a site hosted and I just tried linking to picasa. Well the one from Precentral's albums worked for me... Sorry about the that.

Last edited by elvisem; 03/03/2010 at 06:13 PM.
    Love our Palms
  5.    #65  
    I keep trying to post screenshots but they are not visible to me, can you see them? I tried a free server where I have a site hosted and I just tried linking to picasa. Well the one from Precentral's albums worked for me... Sorry about the that.
    Yup I see them and my emulator shows the same behavior. Something major changed.

i'm on it
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Yup I see them and my emulator shows the same behavior. Something major changed.

i'm on it
    I guess its a Pixi-only problem then. Thanks for everything. I will wait for the fix.
    Love our Palms
  7.    #67  
    I guess its a Pixi-only problem then. Thanks for everything. I will wait for the fix.
    Yeah, they must have changed the way the Pixi saves a wallpaper image.

No worries. Thanks for reporting it.

I am sure all the Pixi users are not happy right now. I'll get a fix on the way.
    Do you have a suggestion on how to make the date look better or is it just redundant for you since you have the patch?
    Honestly I don't think it's really necessary. I don't know where it should go, but if not on the top bar somehow, then I would at least make it the same size as the time, maybe at the bottom of the screen instead. Think about it like this: If you are actively using the ClearCard app, then you probably see your own calendar app showing the date anyway. Or you may even have a patch for the date. I just think it adds unnecessary clutter to the screen. At the same time, if there was a way to turn your app into something like ActiveHomeScreen (only better), maybe it would be cool if it did display the date, temperature, etc... But I really only want the time to show up.
    Can you make it an option/toggle in the preferences? Give people a choice if they want it displayed or not.
  10.    #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Can you make it an option/toggle in the preferences? Give people a choice if they want it displayed or not.
    Are you referring to the date?

I plan to add this option when I submit the fix for the 1.4 Pixi display issue. Should be submitted this week and hopefully the review process won't take long.
    Are you referring to the date?

I plan to add this option when I submit the fix for the 1.4 Pixi display issue. Should be submitted this week and hopefully the review process won't take long.
    I like some of the ideas of showing information on the clear card, and I can see them being useful down the road depending on what I am doing. I want to be able to keep clear card just that, a clear card with no date/time/etc/etc

But if you are already submitting all of these options in the next update I think we are on the same page.

Thanks
  12.    #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    I like some of the ideas of showing information on the clear card, and I can see them being useful down the road depending on what I am doing. I want to be able to keep clear card just that, a clear card with no date/time/etc/etc

But if you are already submitting all of these options in the next update I think we are on the same page.

Thanks
    Yeah, the option to turn time/date off completely is already there in the Preferences menu.

In the next update I will add the ability to do just date or just time.
    Global Posts
    887 Global Posts
    Crap. I'm back.

Weatherman...ClearCard not refreshing.

It worked after a reboot...and worked great...until I upgraded to 1.0.5 this morning. Now, even after several reboots, it won't refresh. In refreshes to the current wallpaper after reboot but, after that, nada.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Habious; 03/04/2010 at 03:08 PM.
  14.    #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by Habious View Post
    Crap. I'm back.

Weatherman...ClearCard not refreshing.

It worked after a reboot...and worked great...until I upgraded to 1.0.5 this morning. Now, even after several reboots, it won't refresh. In refreshes to the current wallpaper after reboot but, after that, nada.

Thoughts?
    Ah 1.4.... Crap indeed.

Ok, I have an idea, but I don't know how it will affect your use case. Do you know how to install IPK files directly on the phone? I may try a tweak and send you the package directly instead of posting to everyone to make sure it works.
    Global Posts
    887 Global Posts
    Do you know how to install IPK files directly on the phone? I may try a tweak and send you the package directly instead of posting to everyone to make sure it works.
    Sure...Not a problem. I'll PM you my email address.
  16.    #76  
    We have a private beta of ClearCard that fixes some issues introduced with WebOS 1.4.

PM me or email clearwaterapps@gmail.com if you would like to test it.
    Last edited by ClearWater; 03/07/2010 at 11:49 PM. Reason: type
    We have a private beta of ClearCard that fixes some issues introduced with WebOS 1.4.

PM me or email if you would like to test it.
    I have been experiencing some issues with Clear Card not refreshing when my background changes hourly. I will PM you and request the Beta to test. Thank you.
    What issues are you referring to? Does ClearCard contribute to the "too many cards" problem? I have seen that a lot lately. I can't tell whether this is caused by other apps, like Switcharoo, or ClearCard. Otherwise, as far as I can tell, ClearCard works fairly well for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Grace View Post
    What issues are you referring to? Does ClearCard contribute to the "too many cards" problem? I have seen that a lot lately. I can't tell whether this is caused by other apps, like Switcharoo, or ClearCard. Otherwise, as far as I can tell, ClearCard works fairly well for me.
    The major problem that came with the 1.4 release is explained best here: https://developer.palm.com/distribut...p=23218#p23218
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Grace View Post
    lol, EVERY application contributes to the Too Many Cards problem! Get yourself JStop so you can monitor the memory being used by your applications. I think you'll see most are pretty well-behaved. The one that I've found can build up more and more memory usage is twitter apps like Twee, as when they update, they don't seem to have an option to remove older tweets, so as you go through the day it has to hold in memory more and more.

As far as what the issue is, you might want to peruse the thread before asking such questions
    Twitter: @dvdmon

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast