Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1.    #41  
    Actually, mine is not refreshing at all...

Looks like 1.4 broke the refresh functionality. Great.

I'll be looking into it.
    Check out my apps at clearwaterapps.com
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by Habious View Post
    I close Clear Card and reopen it...it still shows the wallpaper (and weather) from the first time I launched it. So, now I have an app whose sole function is to show me what the weather forecast WAS for 10:38am on March 2, 2010. Not exactly the most useful app in the history of man.

Short version - How do I get Clear Card to refresh!!!???
    Does this always happen to you and is it happening to anyone else?

Does it still show the same image if you reboot the phone or restart Luna?

I saw this behavior when I read your post and tried it at work, but now I am home working to reproduce and fix the bug and everything is working fine... weird.
    Global Posts
    887 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ClearWater View Post
    Does this always happen to you and is it happening to anyone else?

Does it still show the same image if you reboot the phone or restart Luna?

I saw this behavior when I read your post and tried it at work, but now I am home working to reproduce and fix the bug and everything is working fine... weird.
    I've restarted Luna since my original post. Just launched Clear Card...and it's refreshed the image to the current image.

I'll have to wait an hour (when my weather on the wallpaper refreshes) to see if it's working properly.

Will post my result tomorrow
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    There's some sort of Luna/memory issue going on with WebOS 1.4. It's not effecting just ClearCard. Luna restarts have cleared these issues for me every time...

IMHO, I'd put off doing anything drastic (recoding wise) until 1.4.1. Just my $0.02.

Regards,
    -JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by Habious View Post
    I've restarted Luna since my original post. Just launched Clear Card...and it's refreshed the image to the current image.

I'll have to wait an hour (when my weather on the wallpaper refreshes) to see if it's working properly.

Will post my result tomorrow
    Thanks for the update.

Quote Originally Posted by JerryG View Post
    There's some sort of Luna/memory issue going on with WebOS 1.4. It's not effecting just ClearCard. Luna restarts have cleared these issues for me every time...

IMHO, I'd put off doing anything drastic (recoding wise) until 1.4.1. Just my $0.02.

Regards,
    -JerryG
    Good to know. Thanks for the info.

I think I found the issue, but no fix yet. It may be Luna's fault but I am not sure. When you change the wallpaper from your Photos app, the wallpaper file ends up being //media/internal/.wallpapers/wallpaper-temp.jpg

If you change the image again, the file path remains the same, the contents of the file is just replaced. However, when ClearCard loads wallpaper-temp.jpg into a new Image() object, it is handed the old image... like the OS cached the contents and is handing me that rather than loading the image from disk.

That is why rebooting Luna fixes it.

My guess is that your weather app is replacing the contents of a file, not creating new files and doing the same thing.

When you change your wallpaper from the Screen/Lock app on the Pre it actually creates a new file, so you never see this issue.

So, the obvious fix is to tell WebOS the file has changed and to reload it... there is a command to refresh the list of wallpapers, but that is not doing the trick. I am looking for other ways to do this.

The only other way I can think to fix it is to force ClearCard to load an image from a new path, but this would involve renaming a file on disk which is not possible with the released APIs.

At least I know what the issue is now... obviously rebooting Luna every time the weather changes is not acceptable
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    FWIW, I just tested by changing wallpapers via the Photos app a few times. ClearCard updated properly, every time... (1.4/Sprint, and patched up the wazoo).

HTH,
    -JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryG View Post
    FWIW, I just tested by changing wallpapers via the Photos app a few times. ClearCard updated properly, every time... (1.4/Sprint, and patched up the wazoo).

HTH,
    -JerryG
    Thanks for the update. Appreciate it.

Bugs that only happen some of the time are the worst to debug.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Thanks for the update. Appreciate it.

Bugs that only happen some of the time are the worst to debug.
    You're most welcome.

I've been there, done that. You have my sympathies!

L8r,
    -JerryG
    Global Posts
    887 Global Posts
    OK, as of this morning, it appears to be working. Clear Card is updating every hour as my weather wallpaper updates. Looking good!

Maybe it just needed a reboot after installation to get things flowing properly.
    I like the app but personally I don't really want to see the date on the screen... I already have the patch installed to have it show on the top bar. Can you make it an option to show or hide the date in the preferences (separate from the clock)?

Also maybe a preference option to have the time show at the top of the screen or the bottom...

Thanks.
  11.    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan3816 View Post
    I like the app but personally I don't really want to see the date on the screen... I already have the patch installed to have it show on the top bar. Can you make it an option to show or hide the date in the preferences (separate from the clock)?

Also maybe a preference option to have the time show at the top of the screen or the bottom...

Thanks.
    that option is already in the prefs menu top/bottom is not right now.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I've been using this app for a while now and I think is great. I am using Wallpaper Switcheroo and this app worked great. Now ever since the 1.4 OTA my clear card doesn't blend that good with the wallpaper anymore. It has the right image but it is slightly off from the background. I upgraded to 1.0.5 already thinking that would fix it but it didn't. Any idea of what could be causing this? I don't see any one else writing about this so it might be an isolated case?
    Love our Palms
    Treo600->Treo650->Centro->Pixi
    Treo600->Treo700->Treo800->Pixi
  13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by elvisem View Post
    I've been using this app for a while now and I think is great. I am using Wallpaper Switcheroo and this app worked great. Now ever since the 1.4 OTA my clear card doesn't blend that good with the wallpaper anymore. It has the right image but it is slightly off from the background. I upgraded to 1.0.5 already thinking that would fix it but it didn't. Any idea of what could be causing this? I don't see any one else writing about this so it might be an isolated case?
    it sounds like the position of your card is anchoring differently now. Are you on a pre or pixi? Can you post a screen shot?

Mine is fine on a Pre. Ah I see in your footer that have a Pixi. I'll check it out on the emulator tonight.
    Last edited by ClearWater; 03/03/2010 at 01:29 PM.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Is there a way of posting the screenshot from the phone? If not, I will do it when I get home.
    Love our Palms
  15.    #55  
    Is there a way of posting the screenshot from the phone? If not, I will do it when I get home.
    I am sure I will see it on the emulator, but you can press Option (red button) + Sym + P on your keyboard and it will take a screen shot of the phone that you can then email to yourself. It will be in your photos app under Screen Captures.

If you can find a way to put that image on the web and then provide the URL in your forum post, then you can do it from your phone.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Ok, here they are...I hope...

hmmm...
    Last edited by elvisem; 03/03/2010 at 04:06 PM.
    Love our Palms
    that option is already in the prefs menu top/bottom is not right now.
    Actually it is not in the prefs... What I was talking about was to have the option for the DATE removed...not the clock. The clock looks great where it is, but the date is unnecessary and kinda looks odd where it is and of the size it is. Maybe you could have TWO options in the prefs, one for time and the other for date. Thanks.
  18.    #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan3816 View Post
    Actually it is not in the prefs... What I was talking about was to have the option for the DATE removed...not the clock. The clock looks great where it is, but the date is unnecessary and kinda looks odd where it is and of the size it is. Maybe you could have TWO options in the prefs, one for time and the other for date. Thanks.
    Ah, got it. Yeah that is not hard.

I'll try to get it in the next rev. Thanks for the clarification.
  19.    #59  
    ...clear card doesn't blend that good with the wallpaper anymore. It has the right image but it is slightly off from the background.
    Just as a sanity check... you don't have ClearCard in the "Notifications Present" mode do you?

That's what it looks like from the pic
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Just as a sanity check... you don't have ClearCard in the "Notifications Present" mode do you?

That's what it looks like from the pic
    I did have that on but I just toggled everything and had no effect on the image.
    I paid more attention to the transition from full to minimized and it looks like when it first minimizes it has the right image fit but a split second later it reverts to try to show the full image in the small minimized window.
    Last edited by elvisem; 03/03/2010 at 05:10 PM.
    Love our Palms
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast