Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudementry View Post
    Umm... I'm sorry I'm really trying to understand this... Why the heck would anyone need this for anything? What does it do? All I see is a useless app that you can't even see. Please enlighten me on why someone would want this app.
    haha thanks for the honesty. The point of the app is to allow you to keep your frequenlty used apps open without blocking the view of your wallpaper. For example, if you have a picture of the trip you just went on as your wallpaper, or maybe you use switcharoo and like those wallpapers, but you want to keep SMS, email, and calendar open all the time. Well how can you keep those apps open and keep your wallpaper visible?

Since there is no way to minimize your apps in WebOS, you have to have a card in the front. If you make that card in the front Clear Card, then you can see you wallpaper all the time without closing your apps. Also, when you maximize Clear Card, you get a full screen view of your wallpaper.

So, what's the point? To keep your apps open and you wallpaper visible. If that does not resonate with you, then you should not buy it
    I use ToDo and with ClearCard I can always see my notes even when other apps open. Very nice.
    Laissez Faire
    Ohhh... Ok I think I understand it. Probably the reason I don't get it is because I never keep more than 3 cards open at once, and I always close them as soon as I'm done with them.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmon View Post
    That'll work, great, thanks!
    Ability to turn the tap-toggle off is on the way. Just submitted the update!
    Check out my apps at clearwaterapps.com
  5.    #25  
    1.0.3 is live.

Check the preferences menu if you would like to disable the quick toggle-tap feature and lock down your display mode.
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ClearWater View Post
    1.0.3 is live.

Check the preferences menu if you would like to disable the quick toggle-tap feature and lock down your display mode.
    Excellent! Works great.
    Twitter: @dvdmon

Any plans to add 'widgets' to the clear card? I'm thinking like a large clock (similar to the lock screen) or a weather forcast? Might be asking too much, but I think it would look great to have a current weather icon floating over my wallpaper.
    Quote Originally Posted by fstopstigmata View Post
    Any plans to add 'widgets' to the clear card? I'm thinking like a large clock (similar to the lock screen) or a weather forcast? Might be asking too much, but I think it would look great to have a current weather icon floating over my wallpaper.
    I have definitely thought about it, but have not decided. A clock would be easy, but would it be that useful since you have it at the top anyway? Might just look cool. I could include the date, which you don't get at the top without patching your phone.

Weather I have thought of but it would be some work. How much functionality would you want? Just a pic with current weather or a true widget that you could interact with, such as scroll forward and back in the forecast. Just overlaying an image would obviously be easiest.

If I start making a lot of widgets I would need to figure out a way to get more than $0.99 Maybe the app store will eventually support 'upgrades' so ClearCard could be 99 cents and you add weather for 99 cents, rather than having 2 apps.

Anyway, let me know what you think about the clock and how much weather functionality you would actually want. I imagine pretty weather images would be most important.
    Just a simple pretty weather icon and current temp. I'm thinking something like Active Home Screen, Here's a screenshot: Active Home Screen for Palm Pre
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by fstopstigmata View Post
    Just a simple pretty weather icon and current temp. I'm thinking something like Active Home Screen, Here's a screenshot: Active Home Screen for Palm Pre
    Cool, I'll look into it.
    my clear card app is not working. It just stays white. If I delete the app and reinstall, will I have to pay for it again?
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmon View Post
    The problem I have is that I will click on the minimized notifications in the dashboard to maximize them to see the details (say what email I just got), then if I don't actually deal with that notification - or swipe it away, I still need to get the dashboard into it's minimized state again.
    By the way, you can simply do the back gesture (half-swipe if you have advanced gestures activated, full swipe if you don't), and your notification will minimize. Much easier than minimizing / maximizing ClearCard.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by tripsbacks View Post
    my clear card app is not working. It just stays white. If I delete the app and reinstall, will I have to pay for it again?
    No, you will not have to pay again.

Can you take a screenshot of it minimized when it is white?

Which phone are you using? Pre/Pixi?

Are you getting any error message?
  14.    #34  
    If you guys want some cheap entertainment, head over to the app store and check out the reviews for ClearCard Free.

Never imagined that I would create such a polarizing app. People are hilarious.
    Quote Originally Posted by ClearWater View Post
    If you guys want some cheap entertainment, head over to the app store and check out the reviews for ClearCard Free.

Never imagined that I would create such a polarizing app. People are hilarious.
    Sadly, not everyone who owns a Pre should...
  16.    #36  

Time/date widget on the way in 1.0.5
    I’ve been using this app for a while now and I love it. I didn’t even know I wanted an app like this until I saw it in the catalog. Very happy I bought it.

Having said that, is there anyway you can add one more feature? It would be really nice if when in “Full screen” mode (which is great, by the way) it could stay on when placed on the touchstone for charging. I know there’s other products that can keep the phone on while on the touchstone but it would just be really nice not to have multiple products open to accomplish one thing.

Thanks!
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by jon96321 View Post
    I’ve been using this app for a while now and I love it. I didn’t even know I wanted an app like this until I saw it in the catalog. Very happy I bought it.

Having said that, is there anyway you can add one more feature? It would be really nice if when in “Full screen” mode (which is great, by the way) it could stay on when placed on the touchstone for charging. I know there’s other products that can keep the phone on while on the touchstone but it would just be really nice not to have multiple products open to accomplish one thing.

Thanks!
    Glad you stumbled across ClearCard and like it

Keeping the screen on is definitely possible. I have been asked for this before, but so far I felt that people really wanted this feature in order to enable watching a slide show of their rotating wallpaper images. Therefore, I created a different app for that, Slide Show.

I plan to add more functionality to Slide Show, focusing on that use case, once Palm allows 3rd party apps to access the local images on disk.

Is this what you would use it for?

Also, there is a patch available that prevents your screen from turning off automatically while the phone is charging. It's called "No Auto off while charging" and can be found in Preware. This will get you the behavior you are looking for.

All that said, I could be convinced to add it if most ClearCard users want it.
    Global Posts
    887 Global Posts
    I knew about this app for a while. Finally decided to buy it and try it out.

First impression...wow...great app! Just what I need!

Then I ran into a problem with it.

I use WeatherMan to keep current weather on my wallpaper image. And, Clear Card did just what I thought it would do...it allowed me to see my wall paper and see the weather that's on it. Great!

And then, an hour went by, and WeatherMan updated my weather...and Clear Card doesn't.

I close Clear Card and reopen it...it still shows the wallpaper (and weather) from the first time I launched it. So, now I have an app whose sole function is to show me what the weather forecast WAS for 10:38am on March 2, 2010. Not exactly the most useful app in the history of man.

Short version - How do I get Clear Card to refresh!!!???
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by Habious View Post
    Short version - How do I get Clear Card to refresh!!!???
    Yeah there are certain cases where that bug is exposed, like if you change your background image by browsing your photo app and selecting the option to "Set Wallpaper", rather than changing your wallpaper from the Screen and Lock options menu.

Sounds like you found another one.

The first scenario isn't all that bad, because there is a work around, but yours is concerning. I will see if I can figure out what's going on and fix it in 1.0.6. Version 1.0.5 is already on the way with the time/date widget, but it looks like the bug is still there.

Thanks for the catch.
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast