Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 203
  1.    #181  
    Quote Originally Posted by Courousant View Post
    I don't know if this is related to the "Wallpaper Switcharoo" situation, but anyway to make clearcard update along with Weatherman 2.0? right now, when I have clear card open, I often accidentally rely on yesterday's weather...
    Make sure you have "Force Refresh" turned on in the preferences. Weatherman is probably reusing the same file on disk, which exposes a bug.
    Check out my apps at clearwaterapps.com
  2.    #182  
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    Would it be possible to add a feature to allow you to adjust a wallpaper when its minimised, as in its position, as some wallpapers do not blend in, and are too far up to blend in,
    Are you asking for the ability to manually adjust the size and position of the ClearCard image?

    I could add this in the future, but finding the correct size is difficult.

    On a more general note, I cannot make any updates to ClearCard right now, because Palm has put a filter in place that detects if you are using "unsupported APIs" when you submit your app.

    I am using a function to create a new wallpaper file on disk when you enable Force Refresh. So, I cannot submit a new version of ClearCard until they allow that function or I remove it. I don't want to remove it, because many people rely on it.

    We are in a holding pattern...
    Check out my apps at clearwaterapps.com
  3. #183  
    I love your program, I just tried it with the free trial. Thanks for doing that! One idea I have, not sure if it's possible, when you turn the screen on and have the setting for the card maximized. It would be nice if when you started typing it would open the search like regular instead of having to put it in card view first.
  4.    #184  
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevesrjr86 View Post
    I love your program, I just tried it with the free trial. Thanks for doing that! One idea I have, not sure if it's possible, when you turn the screen on and have the setting for the card maximized. It would be nice if when you started typing it would open the search like regular instead of having to put it in card view first.
    That is a pretty cool idea. I will think about how to pull that off for the next update. I could probably just cause the card to be minimized with the first keystroke... oh wait that does not work right now... hopefully webOS 2.0 will allow me to programmatically minimize the card. I would like to give and option to have the card minimized and centered when you unlock.
    Check out my apps at clearwaterapps.com
  5. #185  
    Quote Originally Posted by ClearWater View Post
    I would like to give and option to have the card minimized and centered when you unlock.
    That would be perfect. Hope you are able to do it!
  6. #186  
    Any chance you could fix the problem ClearCard has keeping up with Wallpaper Switcharoo? I have "Force Refresh" switched on in the prefs, but ClearCard won't refresh until I make it the active card, then minimize. And I still have to manually "force refresh" sometimes.
  7. #187  
    How about a delay timer for auto-center? I'd like to set mine to 5-10 seconds or so, so when the screen turns off in the middle of reading something I don't have to re-locate that card if I turn it immediately back on.
  8. #188  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudementry View Post
    Umm... I'm sorry I'm really trying to understand this... Why the heck would anyone need this for anything? What does it do? All I see is a useless app that you can't even see. Please enlighten me on why someone would want this app.
    this app is for those who leave their phone on a desk or any whwere unattended & you don't want to put a pin code on your phone but you don't want nosey people looking at your pictures, reading your texts- everyone today once they get into your app page can navigate though your phone just snooping-- with clear card install when turned on or awaken all you see is wallpaper no apps no key lock -- it is simple but i love it - it hides your business in plain sight just covered
  9.    #189  
    Quote Originally Posted by fstopstigmata View Post
    How about a delay timer for auto-center? I'd like to set mine to 5-10 seconds or so, so when the screen turns off in the middle of reading something I don't have to re-locate that card if I turn it immediately back on.
    That's a really good idea. I will have to see if it is possible, because the phone may be asleep by the time the timer expires... or I could log a timestamp when the phone goes to sleep, then check how much time has passed when the phone wakes up and decide then to center or not. That may work.

    I still have the problem that ClearCard (for Pre) cannot be updated because I am using APIs that they won't allow to force the screen refresh. Arrg.
    Check out my apps at clearwaterapps.com
  10. #190  
    I just got a Verizon Pre 2 and Clear Card doesn't work as it should, the image doesn't line up.
  11.    #191  
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    I just got a Verizon Pre 2 and Clear Card doesn't work as it should, the image doesn't line up.
    Sorry to hear that... I need to get my hands on a 2.0 device to get it fixed.

    I will check the emulator to see if it shows the issue.
    Check out my apps at clearwaterapps.com
  12. #192  
    Quote Originally Posted by ClearWater View Post
    Sorry to hear that... I need to get my hands on a 2.0 device to get it fixed.

    I will check the emulator to see if it shows the issue.
    Yep I love this app always had on my pre plus I all so just got verizon pre 2 and am having same issue. Thanks

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  13. #193  
    Quote Originally Posted by ClearWater View Post
    Sorry to hear that... I need to get my hands on a 2.0 device to get it fixed.

    I will check the emulator to see if it shows the issue.
    I'm sure it will. I had the same issue when porting my "semi-transparent card view" feature in Music Player (Remix). I accomplish this with image cropping/zooming (via CSS). I assume you're doing the same type of thing in your app. Because of the new "Just Type" bar at the top, the cards are positioned and sized differently in webOS 2.0.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  14. BigGP's Avatar
    Posts
    108 Posts
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    #194  
    A feature request I would like to add for this and other transparent card apps is to be able to refresh the cached view of the wallpaper for use with 'live' backgrounds used by apps like Weatherman. What I see right now is that the card will take the current view of the background at launch, but won't keep up with the frequent changes from Weatherman, leaving it out of date. The first one to do this will earn my purchase.
  15.    #195  
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGP View Post
    A feature request I would like to add for this and other transparent card apps is to be able to refresh the cached view of the wallpaper for use with 'live' backgrounds used by apps like Weatherman. What I see right now is that the card will take the current view of the background at launch, but won't keep up with the frequent changes from Weatherman, leaving it out of date. The first one to do this will earn my purchase.
    I have attempted this, but the issue is that webOS does not always let you know when the background has changed. I register for an event that should tell me when it changes and I perform a refresh.

    There is also a Force Refresh menu item in ClearCard that will manually fire this callback and update your card.

    Do I win the $0.99?
    Check out my apps at clearwaterapps.com
  16. BigGP's Avatar
    Posts
    108 Posts
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    #196  
    Quote Originally Posted by ClearWater View Post
    I have attempted this, but the issue is that webOS does not always let you know when the background has changed. I register for an event that should tell me when it changes and I perform a refresh.

    There is also a Force Refresh menu item in ClearCard that will manually fire this callback and update your card.

    Do I win the $0.99?
    I have been using the Clear Card Trial for a few days now, it doesn't update more than a few times a day. What I am more looking for would be a timered option. One that could be enabled to automatically refresh the wallpaper view on a definable interval, so you don't have to rely on unreliable triggers or manual refreshes.
  17. #197  
    odd issue with clearcard- webos 2.1, image doesnt line up, and when using with a black background, there is a white line above the card in small view.
    Help keep WebOS homebrew alive! Donate to WebOS Internals!

    Sprint Pre Plus - WebOS 2.1.0 - F105 Thunderchief Kernel

    Einhorn is Finkel! ... Finkel is Einhorn!

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre
  18. #198  
    Would it be possible to have an alternative notifications approach, where Clear Card can show ONLY the minimized notification icons?

    When I use Clear Card, I use it as a privacy screen when I'm at work. I'd love to be able to see that I HAVE a notification, while still keeping that notification quiet/private until I'm ready to view it.

    possible? Thanks!
  19. #199  
    Update for 2.xx please!? It doesn't line up due to different size because of the just type bar and when I use it with wallpaper switcharoo it doesn't work even with the force refresh on, could be a switcharoo thing going on... thanks!
    Long Time Palm and Sprint User!

    IIIxe, Tungsten T3, Samsung SPH-i500, Treo 700p, 755p, Centro, Palm Pre, Palm Pre+, 2.2.4 Franken Pre2 and a Touchpad!
  20. #200  
    I brought this up in February, apparently the dev can't fix it or simply doesn't want to. I'm using Pane Free now.
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions