Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm proud to announce Mail Lists 0.8.1.

The new version of Mail Lists introduces basic Messaging Lists support. Works the same as mailing lists, althought system integration is not supported by the moment. Mail Lists is available as a free update for previous customers, and new customers can buy Mail Lists at $2.99.
    Fantastic ! now how can I get this as I am a GSM user !!>>!>
  3.    #3  
    I don't have an answer for your question. It's a Palm thing, not us.

We plan to fully support all the european countries as soon as Palm opens e-Commerce App Catalog in europe, and that's announced to be next month.
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    where is it for download? Update: found it in the app catalog.

when sending a text message to a group, can you save that list for future message?

How does the text message feature work, please explain....
    Last edited by imex99; 02/03/2010 at 10:56 AM.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by imex99 View Post
    where is it for download? Update: found it in the app catalog.

when sending a text message to a group, can you save that list for future message?

How does the text message feature work, please explain....
    Download Mail Lists Lite. It's free and you can try the overall behaviour of Mail Lists.

Messaging lists works the same as mailing lists, but messaging lists aren't integrated (yet) into Contacts application, so you can only use them inside Mail Lists app.

Basically:

1. Create a new list (or open an existing one).
    2. Attach contacts to the list.
    3. Use the list.

When you need to send a text message to different contacts, you can:

• Select the list and send the message to all the contacts from the list
    • Select some contacts from the list (your selection is saved for future reference, althought you always can send messages to the entire list) and send a message to the selected contacts.

I' going to submit Mail Lists Lite 0.8.1 today, althought I don't know when it will be published in the App Catalog. But, as said, the overall behaviour for messaging lists is the same as with mailing lists.
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    Wow, just bought and tested...We have group text messaging/email. Create name of group and select contacts. One of best paid apps so far. Mail Lists
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I have been waiting for just this program. Now if I could only forward an email with the groups...
  8.    #8  
    You can, but only in email and to an entire list. Just forward the email and search for the list name in the "to:" field.
    deCorvett, your app is just what i NEEDED! Thank you!

I do have a few questions:

1. I love how my messaging lists are found via Universal Search, however when I click on one of them, it brings up the contacts app but I can't send a message nor can I see the list of members. Am I missing anything? I know I can launch the Mail List app then all is well. (FYI: My email lists launch perfectly via Universal Search... thank you!)

2. Whenever I add a recipient to a messaging list, all of their phone numbers appear as "mobile" even though some of the numbers should be labeled as "home", "pager", "work", etc. This makes it very difficult to locate their true mobile number. Any plans to change this?

3. Is it possible to add a picture/avatar for a SMS or Email list?

4. Is their a contact limit for SMS and Email lists?

5. Any plans to add the ability to forward a text to a messaging list?

Again, overall this is a PHENOMENAL app! I hope you make a TON a money from it because you deserve it. You've plugged a MAJOR hole in this phone for me!
    Last edited by sjamie; 02/10/2010 at 09:56 AM.
    This app is the best. My wife is pregnant and everyone wants to know when she delivers. I've set up my list and when our little one arrives, everyone will know simultaneously. Great app, works exactly as described. I agree...one of the best paid apps in the catalog.
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    love the app, one of the few things the Pre was missing....
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    I'm proud to announce Mail Lists 0.8.1.

The new version of Mail Lists introduces basic Messaging Lists support. Works the same as mailing lists, althought system integration is not supported by the moment. Mail Lists is available as a free update for previous customers, and new customers can buy Mail Lists at $2.99.
    Love the App..one suggestion for you: When sending an SMS, you technically can send one to an email address in addition to phone numbers, and I have the "compose to email" patch on my phone to allow me to do just that.. Would you be able to add an option to the "messaging" lists to include email address in there as well as phone numbers?

Thanks for this great program!
    Adam
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    Love the App..one suggestion for you: When sending an SMS, you technically can send one to an email address in addition to phone numbers, and I have the "compose to email" patch on my phone to allow me to do just that.. Would you be able to add an option to the "messaging" lists to include email address in there as well as phone numbers?

Adam
    That is a GREAT suggestion!!!
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    deCorvett, your app is just what i NEEDED! Thank you!

I do have a few questions:

1. I love how my messaging lists are found via Universal Search, however when I click on one of them, it brings up the contacts app but I can't send a message nor can I see the list of members. Am I missing anything? I know I can launch the Mail List app then all is well. (FYI: My email lists launch perfectly via Universal Search... thank you!)

2. Whenever I add a recipient to a messaging list, all of their phone numbers appear as "mobile" even though some of the numbers should be labeled as "home", "pager", "work", etc. This makes it very difficult to locate their true mobile number. Any plans to change this?

3. Is it possible to add a picture/avatar for a SMS or Email list?

4. Is their a contact limit for SMS and Email lists?

5. Any plans to add the ability to forward a text to a messaging list?

Again, overall this is a PHENOMENAL app! I hope you make a TON a money from it because you deserve it. You've plugged a MAJOR hole in this phone for me!
    Thanks for your feedback. I'll try to answer you...

1. We know that. The trouble here is that beeing that we can do a trick to enable e-mail functionality, we've tried to do it with messaging without luck. We have requested some work to Palm, and we hope they will do it (at least, they listen to developers, that are good news). Until that, we'll continue trying things, but I can't assure you nothing.

2. We have not been reported about this issue, I'll take a view to the code, maybe it's a bug...

3. You can expect this, but don't expect it soon, and I can't assure you if it will be available for the current version of the app. It's placed low in our priorities list, because there are more important things to be done with this version of Mail Lists (i.e. lists backup, and so on).

4. There aren't known limits with mailing lists, but this messaging lists it seems that Palm's messaging app limits us to 20 contacts. Our target is to get unlimited lists, so expect this to be solved ASAP.

5. I don't know if it will be possible with the current configuration of the messaging app. I think the only way would be using patches, so don't expect it to be released officially (and unofficially, there are a lot of work to be done in new projects...)
  16.    #16  

Adam
    You can expect to be able of introducing items manually. Note that patched phones represents a very small percentage of sold phones, so enabling this would cause me a lot of support problems. As a workaround, you could create mailing lists instead of messaging lists to do this.
    Is it posssible to send the same message (sms or email) to a mailing list and to a messaging list at the same time?
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    You can expect to be able of introducing items manually. Note that patched phones represents a very small percentage of sold phones, so enabling this would cause me a lot of support problems. As a workaround, you could create mailing lists instead of messaging lists to do this.
    Makes sense...maybe add a preference to "allow email address in messaging lists" that is default set to NO, but you can manually put it on?

How would I create a mailing list to do this if it has a combination of phone numbers and email addresses?
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    Is it posssible to send the same message (sms or email) to a mailing list and to a messaging list at the same time?
    mmm, good idea. Let me work a little on this. The only problem with this is that you'll have to confirm sending to both apps: messaging and email
  20.    #20  
    Makes sense...maybe add a preference to "allow email address in messaging lists" that is default set to NO, but you can manually put it on?
    Let me think about it, the problem here is how to explain people "hey, don't use this if you don't hack your phone"...

How would I create a mailing list to do this if it has a combination of phone numbers and email addresses?
    Well, currently, the only option is to have your contacts with a phone number address, and create a mailing list with both email addresses and phone addresses.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast