Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Also can anyone comment on the speed it takes to send the text to the group of 20 (or less)? My Blackberry runs thru the list faster than any other Sprint phone I've had. Does the phone bog down or anything while it's sending? I send group texts daily which is why I have so many questions about this; it's a make/break feature for me.
  2.    #42  
    Instantly is probably the best definition, as it sends a single message to all the recipients.
  3.    #43  
    Mail Lists 0.8.3 submitted to App Catalog:

- Various bugfixes (including the broken post installation bug).
    - New feature: Now you'll be able to create mixed SMS and email lists.
    Last edited by deCorvett; 03/11/2010 at 03:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    Mail Lists 0.8.3 submitted to App Catalog:

- Various bugfixes (including the broken post installation bug).
    - New feature: No you'll be able to create mixed SMS and email lists.
    Sweet...

and you may want to fix the typo in the 2nd feature ("no" vs "now)
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    Sweet...

and you may want to fix the typo in the 2nd feature ("no" vs "now)
    Thanks!
  6.    #46  
    Good news: next update will be 0.9.0, and will include the much awaited backup service.
    That's great news!!! Could you also add a way to put email addresses in the BCC field instead of the TO field when using Mixed Lists? That would be very helpful. deCorvett, you are doing a phenomenal job with this app! Thank you!
    Awesome! Any word on availability?
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    deCorvett, first let me thank you for the outstanding job your doing by providing an app like this that so many of us need and want. With that being said, amongst all the success everyone else is having with the app, I have had nothing but problems since I purchased this app. It has not worked in the capacity in which it is said to work. I primarily purchased this app b/c I am a business owner who's sales team is in the field. And I would like to send mass text messages of updates on promos, teams sales stats, and an encouraging word b/c i know they can get a little down when they loose a sale. So as a Owner I want to keep them pumped up and not have to call each one individually. Which is where your app comes into play. However I haven't had any luck sending a text to more than 2 people at a time. I remember reading the limit was 20, so i have 5, 20 person text list, but it doesn't send the text. I have to check only 2 people at a time for it to complete. Now it may be all operator issues. But, I purposely waited on an app like this b4 completely changing over from my Palm Treo 700p which had a app that did this perfectly called grouptextmessaging. When I heard your app was good, I cancelled my treo 700p line and paid for you app and started using my pre exclusively. Please help me understand whats wrong or what I'm doing wrong, b/c as I said in the first line i have had nothing but problems since i purchased this app. Again I'll be the first to admit it may be all operator issues, but please help
    hwardlaw01, I am sorry to hear you are having problems with this app. For me, it has been a godsend. I use this app in similar ways as you do without a hitch. I have many lists which I update constantly and you can install the "unlimited recipients" patch from preware to have lists over 20 people. If you still cannot send a message to more than 2 people at a time, I suggest you delete the app and reinstall it. You will NOT have to pay for it again because it is stored in your Palm Profile. I too had to do delete/reinstall it right after upgrading to webOS 1.4 and that resolved all of my issues (my lists were not getting saved after I created them which was freaking me out!). This app ROCKS!
    deCorvett, 2 questions.

1. How's progress on the backup lists update coming?

2. Dunno if this is possible, but I'm throwing it out there.... say someone on one of the lists changed their phone number. The only way to update this in the list is to delete the person and readd them so that it has the new phone number, correct? Is there any way for it to automatically change to the new mobile number of that person?
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    That's great news!!! Could you also add a way to put email addresses in the BCC field instead of the TO field when using Mixed Lists? That would be very helpful. deCorvett, you are doing a phenomenal job with this app! Thank you!
    deCorvett, any suggestions on how to put receipients into the BCC email field when using a Mixed List?
  13.    #53  
    WOW, what a bunch of questions... I've been too busy last days, sorry for the delay.

Quote Originally Posted by hwardlaw01 View Post
    deCorvett, first let me thank you for the outstanding job your doing by providing an app like this that so many of us need and want. With that being said, amongst all the success everyone else is having with the app, I have had nothing but problems since I purchased this app. It has not worked in the capacity in which it is said to work. I primarily purchased this app b/c I am a business owner who's sales team is in the field. And I would like to send mass text messages of updates on promos, teams sales stats, and an encouraging word b/c i know they can get a little down when they loose a sale. So as a Owner I want to keep them pumped up and not have to call each one individually. Which is where your app comes into play. However I haven't had any luck sending a text to more than 2 people at a time. I remember reading the limit was 20, so i have 5, 20 person text list, but it doesn't send the text. I have to check only 2 people at a time for it to complete. Now it may be all operator issues. But, I purposely waited on an app like this b4 completely changing over from my Palm Treo 700p which had a app that did this perfectly called grouptextmessaging. When I heard your app was good, I cancelled my treo 700p line and paid for you app and started using my pre exclusively. Please help me understand whats wrong or what I'm doing wrong, b/c as I said in the first line i have had nothing but problems since i purchased this app. Again I'll be the first to admit it may be all operator issues, but please help
    hwardlaw01, we have noted some people requesting support from us about this. That's related with webOS messaging app. It seems that webOS app stops working correctly when a set of contacts have one item duplicate. Take a view if this is your case.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaggrey View Post
    deCorvett, 2 questions.

1. How's progress on the backup lists update coming?

2. Dunno if this is possible, but I'm throwing it out there.... say someone on one of the lists changed their phone number. The only way to update this in the list is to delete the person and readd them so that it has the new phone number, correct? Is there any way for it to automatically change to the new mobile number of that person?
    1. It's comming. I can't say anything more right now, sorry.

2. Yeah, we want to do this, but webOS account system doesn't provide access to data without user interaction, so that's impossible right now.

deCorvett, any suggestions on how to put receipients into the BCC email field when using a Mixed List?
    For now, the same as with a Mailing List: manually. Future versions will provide CC and CCO functions
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    For now, the same as with a Mailing List: manually. Future versions will provide CC and CCO functions
    If I do set up a Mixed List (Phone numbers & email addresses), how can I manually designate a BCC email address?
  15.    #55  
    If I do set up a Mixed List (Phone numbers & email addresses), how can I manually designate a BCC email address?
    Sorry, I misunderstood your question. I think it's impossible to do, I have to take a view to this in the API, but manually it doesn't seem that there is a way to do this.

Whe're using messaging for this kind of lists...
  16.    #56  
    Hi all,

Just a comment to tell you that last monday Newness Developments has submitted a bugfix update (0.8.4) for Mail Lists.

This isn't the big update I promised you (with backup service), but I can tell you that (0.9.0) version will enable a free cloud based backup and, also cc and bcc recipients (only email at the moment, sorry).

When? I can't assure it at the moment, but a couple of months seems as a good time frame (no promises about time, sorry).

Please note that we are preparing new apps, and we want to bring it to the public soon.

We are doing things slowly, but that's because we want our apps to bring you the best user experience possible.
    the app has been working great for me up until today I set up a mass text message to 28 contacts like I usually do I insert a picture and some text and send. For some reason it's not sending and I know this because usually you can see the sent message in the messaging app for all the contacts. Not sure what's going on
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    Any update on a way to backup the lists?
    Adding the ability to backup my lists would be very much appreciated!
    Adding the ability to backup my lists would be very much appreciated!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaggrey View Post
    Any update on a way to backup the lists?
    FYI. the Save/Restore app current has "Mail List" listed as a supported app, but I have been testing the restore and can't seem to get it to work. I have alerted Rod to this and waiting to hear back his thoughts. We are able to save the "cookies" for the app, but for some reason, that alone is not restoring the lists.. I think it has to do with the fact that this App created 2 Contacts "accounts" that are not getting backed up in the process, and I am not sure that the Save/Restore app has a current mechanism to restore that data (it should be able to backup, just not restore).

anyway, wanted to let you know about this...but if anyone else can test the save/restore script and confirm (or refute) my findings, that would be great

Adam
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast