Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    Let me think about it, the problem here is how to explain people "hey, don't use this if you don't hack your phone"....
    gotcha, but you don't need to have the "compose to email" patch to send a SMS to an email, I just need the patch for the phone to include emails when you search for a contact within the Messaging App. Anyone can still type out an email address and send it as an SMS, so this functionality, if added, should work perfectly with a Stock webOS phone.
    mmm, good idea. Let me work a little on this. The only problem with this is that you'll have to confirm sending to both apps: messaging and email
    For the amount of time this functionality would save me, I can live with having to confirm the message in each app. Please see what you can do, thanks!
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    gotcha, but you don't need to have the "compose to email" patch to send a SMS to an email, I just need the patch for the phone to include emails when you search for a contact within the Messaging App. Anyone can still type out an email address and send it as an SMS, so this functionality, if added, should work perfectly with a Stock webOS phone.
    If is this way, then you can start waiting for this feature. But I must try it in my GSM Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    I did not know you could send a SMS to an email without that patch. I just tried it and IT WORKED!!!

@deCorvett: Since this functionality seems to work flawlessly on stock phones, it seems like allowing messaging lists to also include email addresses would be a SUPER HOT feature to add!
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    I did not know you could send a SMS to an email without that patch. I just tried it and IT WORKED!!!

@deCorvett: Since this functionality seems to work flawlessly on stock phones, it seems like allowing messaging lists to also include email addresses would be a SUPER HOT feature to add!
    Ok, you convinced me... it will be done soon...

Just let me some time to work with a dialer I have in mind... not too much, just a few days...
    Fantastic, thanks!!!

Just let me some time to work with a dialer I have in mind... not too much, just a few days...
    woohoo! Yay, thanks!
  8.    #28  
    Hi,

For all of you that needs to send more than 20 messages, I must say that it is a carrier specific limitation (wel, they really are limiting it by configuration). Said this, if you need to bypass this limit, you'll find worthy this patch:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ople-once.html

I must say that this is my (unsupported, but) recommended workaround, as other solutions will be less elegant. By the way, I'll release an ugly solution for this.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    I recently underwent a partial erase. Needless to say all my mail lists disappeared. Now when I try and create new ones, they don't save.

Did the program somehow revert to the "lite" or "trial" version? It is showing as version 0.8.2.

Hope someone can help. It's a great program!!!
    Palm Pilot 5000 > Palm Pilot Pro> Palm V> Palm Vx> Palm 505> Samsung i500 (Palm OS)> Palm Treo 650> Plam Centro> Palm Pre!
  10.    #30  
    Yeah, this is a known issue. This happens in about a 0.5% of installations, and I must admit I don't know exactly why, but account preferences doesn't store properly.

The workaround is easy: uninstall the app and reinstall it again.

@deCorvett: Any progress on adding this functionality?
    Has anyone used this program to send messages to the 20 people at a time? How well does it work?
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaggrey View Post
    Has anyone used this program to send messages to the 20 people at a time? How well does it work?
    There is a really big problem with this, as WebOS doesn't allows us to use the necessary API to access directly to the messaging service, and bypass the Messaging checks, that enables this limit. Patching is the only solution for this right now.

@deCorvett: Any progress on adding this functionality?
    Working on it... expect to submit update next week.
    Cool, looking forward to receiving the update!
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    love this app and all & any updated are welcome...
    There is a really big problem with this, as WebOS doesn't allows us to use the necessary API to access directly to the messaging service, and bypass the Messaging checks, that enables this limit. Patching is the only solution for this right now.
    Patching is the solution for sending to more than 20 people at a time, but you can send to 20 or less without a problem, correct? I would just set up several groups in the meantime until this gets fixed if so.
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaggrey View Post
    Patching is the solution for sending to more than 20 people at a time, but you can send to 20 or less without a problem, correct? I would just set up several groups in the meantime until this gets fixed if so.
    Yeah, less than 20 without problems... the only problem here is that the messaging app checks the number of recipients, and compares it with a carrier configuration, so the messaging app shows a "too many recipients" dialog, and stops adding recipients.

For all of you interested in >20 lists, I submitted to webOS-Internals feeds the patch for webOS 1.4 (tested only on GSM Pre, so not sure if it works), so the patch is available through Preware.
    I just installed the patch on a Sprint Pre. I really hope it works! Thanks for all of the work you are doing in this area.
  19.    #39  
    I just installed the patch on a Sprint Pre. I really hope it works! Thanks for all of the work you are doing in this area.
    Please tell me if it works...
    Yeah, less than 20 without problems... the only problem here is that the messaging app checks the number of recipients, and compares it with a carrier configuration, so the messaging app shows a "too many recipients" dialog, and stops adding recipients.

For all of you interested in >20 lists, I submitted to webOS-Internals feeds the patch for webOS 1.4 (tested only on GSM Pre, so not sure if it works), so the patch is available through Preware.
    Cool thanks for you hard work! What's in the upcoming update? Have you gotten list backups yet?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast