Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    As I've recently upgraded to a Pre Plus from a Pre, I'm now leaving ToDoC open all the time. With the Pre I would always have to close it down at some point because I'd run out of memory. Consequently, I've spotted something that wasn't apparent previously.

ToDoC doesn't seem to notice when midnight comes around and the date changes, so today's tasks stay in green when they should go red having not been done. Tomorrow's tasks should become green as they become today's tasks, if you get my drift.

Closing the app and restarting fixes everything but thought you might like to know.

[And can I put in a request for "Redo" tasks as well, please]

Andrew
    Last edited by AndrewP; 06/30/2010 at 07:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nlowhor View Post
    Interesting. I can't think of any way that waiting to check the task would impact its settings in the database. Could you tell me how long you have to wait for it not to work? I'll try to reproduce it then. Odd.
    More by accident, and BEFORE the latest update that I installed today (30Jun): A task was sittting at the bottom of the screen waiting for me to acknowledge it. (I don't think the time frame is significant.) Once I completed the task, I clicked the notice at the bottom of the screen and it opened the app. I thought I was checking the complete box, but obviously "missed it by that much" and it opened the task. So, I just check the box on the top-right to show complete. When I closed the task item, I expected to see the task listed for the next day (tomorrow). Instead, it had disappeared into the completed list.

I displayed the completed items, removed the complete check and then opened the task so I could change the date to tomorrow. Tomorrow, I will repeat the steps above to see if the new update made a difference. I'll report the results tomorrow.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cgehr View Post
    So, I just check the box on the top-right to show complete. When I closed the task item, I expected to see the task listed for the next day (tomorrow). Instead, it had disappeared into the completed list.
    I've noticed that as well. If you tick a task as done in the summary list, the recurrence is setup correctly. But if you open the task and tick the box in the top-right, the recurrence doesn't happen.

Andrew
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP View Post
    As I've recently upgraded to a Pre Plus from a Pre, I'm now leaving ToDoC open all the time. With the Pre I would always have to close it down at some point because I'd run out of memory. Consequently, I've spotted something that wasn't apparent previously.

ToDoC doesn't seem to notice when midnight comes around and the date changes, so today's tasks stay in green when they should go red having not been done. Tomorrow's tasks should become green as they become today's tasks, if you get my drift.

Closing the app and restarting fixes everything but thought you might like to know.

[And can I put in a request for "Redo" tasks as well, please]

Andrew
    Thanks, this is a known bug. It's just not aware of when the date changes so it can update the list colors. I do need to fix this.

Thanks for letting me know.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Ahhhh, it's possible I forgot to add the recurring code to the checkbox inside the text. I tend to forget about that checkbox in there.

Thanks!
    I'm enjoying the update with the recurring tasks, but am noticing something with the update I don't like. When I check an task complete, I get an alarm and a notification at the bottom of the screen. It's annoying to check the task complete, then swipe it off the screen. Is there a setting I've missed? Is this by design? Thanks
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    I'm enjoying the update with the recurring tasks, but am noticing something with the update I don't like. When I check an task complete, I get an alarm and a notification at the bottom of the screen. It's annoying to check the task complete, then swipe it off the screen. Is there a setting I've missed? Is this by design? Thanks
    Someone else reported this as well, but I haven't been able to reproduce it. Can you tell me exactly your settings in the item which is doing this or any other circumstances about you usage in the app before it occurs?

Thanks, and sorry for the issue.
    I only have recurring tasks, no alarms set, most are every day, some are weekly tasks. I keep ToDo open all day, but I do close it at night (or when I have the days tasks done). Let me know what else I can provide to fix it! Thanks
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    I only have recurring tasks, no alarms set, most are every day, some are weekly tasks. I keep ToDo open all day, but I do close it at night (or when I have the days tasks done). Let me know what else I can provide to fix it! Thanks
    Ok, thanks for the input. I finally reproduced the issue. Interestingly this only happens if you don't have an alarm set.

It might be a bit before I get this fixed and sent to Palm. In the meantime, you can make it stop by setting an alarm at a time well after when you would normally mark it complete. This way you should never see the alarm go off even when you mark it complete.

Sorry about this....I'll track down the problem.
    Ok, thanks for the input. I finally reproduced the issue. Interestingly this only happens if you don't have an alarm set.

It might be a bit before I get this fixed and sent to Palm. In the meantime, you can make it stop by setting an alarm at a time well after when you would normally mark it complete. This way you should never see the alarm go off even when you mark it complete.

No problem, I love the app, it's made my life much easier moving to the Pre after my 700p.
    Thanks!

Don't want to rain on your parade, but I've noticed the same issue. In my case, it happens with both recurring and non-recurring. My alarms are always 'On' so the "alarm not set" does not apply here.

Just adding a bit of extra info. Understand that all problems don't have an instant solution... :-) Have a safe weekend!
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cgehr View Post
    Don't want to rain on your parade, but I've noticed the same issue. In my case, it happens with both recurring and non-recurring. My alarms are always 'On' so the "alarm not set" does not apply here.

Just adding a bit of extra info. Understand that all problems don't have an instant solution... :-) Have a safe weekend!
    Weird. Ok, thanks for the extra info. I'll try to make this stop happening completely...not sure where it came from all of a sudden. I could not get it to happen with a recurring item that had an alarm set. I'll play around some more though.
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Does the daily backup on webOS also backup todoclassic?

I'm wondering before I transfer all my tasks from the webos task app.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stockh View Post
    Does the daily backup on webOS also backup todoclassic?

I'm wondering before I transfer all my tasks from the webos task app.

Thanks
    I didn't add anything which would cause it to backup to Palm. I'm assuming it doesn't. I know it does remember which apps you had installed and reinstall them, but I'm not sure if it backs up and restores the database for each app.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    I've had to hard reset my phone before and none of my todos were included in the daily backup to palm. So beware! While the included tasks application is nowhere near as nice as todoclassic it's items are included in the daily backup.

Is there anything that can be done to get the todoclassic items backing up to Palm or desktop solution or something else?

Thank you, I'm a user but leery of this as my only solution for recording a multitude of recurring items.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Weird. Ok, thanks for the extra info. I'll try to make this stop happening completely...not sure where it came from all of a sudden. I could not get it to happen with a recurring item that had an alarm set. I'll play around some more though.
    I get this behaviour too but I'm fairly sure that it only started happening with the last release.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    ToDoC does have an Export function which basically emails an xml version of the database. I do this every week or so and save them in my Gmail.

You could setup a recurring task to remind yourself ;-)

In the absence of an API from Google for Tasks, perhaps there could be a way of exporting the xml direct to Google Docs? Just a suggestion...

Andrew
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Thanks Andrew, I had forgotten about this feature!
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lware14 View Post
    I've had to hard reset my phone before and none of my todos were included in the daily backup to palm. So beware! While the included tasks application is nowhere near as nice as todoclassic it's items are included in the daily backup.

Is there anything that can be done to get the todoclassic items backing up to Palm or desktop solution or something else?

Thank you, I'm a user but leery of this as my only solution for recording a multitude of recurring items.
    Sorry about this. As Andrew mentioned, I'd like to get it syncing with Google Tasks but there's no API for that yet. I agree that you should just use the export feature every so often.

Thanks for helping with the questions Andrew!

Also, I'm aware of some bugs in the latest release. My apologies. I need to find some time to work through them, but currently in the last week of teaching summer school. I'll have more time next week.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Version 0.6.7 is now available in the App Catalog.

-fixed bug which caused notification when marking item complete in some cases
    -removed checkbox on item edit scene - did not work properly with recurring items and seems unnecessary
    -fixed bug with default alarm time and custom due date
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast