Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    I would appreciate notifications like the built in tasks app. Unless i've missed some option to turn that on. thank you.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by avrfreaks View Post
    Sweet! Thanks for working on this!
    Once you get recurring tasks working, I WILL purchase a device and this app!

edit: I guess I should clarify. Looks like Daily recurring works, but weird options like "Fixed Schedule" / "After Completed" and the other arbitrary time tables for the recurrence are what I'm talking about.
    I hope to expand the options later. Right now I have daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly recurring.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lware14 View Post
    I would appreciate notifications like the built in tasks app. Unless i've missed some option to turn that on. thank you.
    It's not there yet. I'm currently working on calendar-style alarms.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Hi,

Another little suggestion - could you honour the correct dating convention for the region? At the moment, ToDo Classic always seems to display month/day in the summary screen. That's correct for the US, but the wrong way round for Europe. Most of the time is not a big deal, but early in the month, i.e. now, it can get a bit confusing.

Thanks,

Andrew
    This app is a good start, but I'm not quite ready to switch over. I need more options to choose from for the due date, and would love to see a priority list (be it numbered or colour-coded) like the classic app used to be.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP View Post
    Hi,

Another little suggestion - could you honour the correct dating convention for the region? At the moment, ToDo Classic always seems to display month/day in the summary screen. That's correct for the US, but the wrong way round for Europe. Most of the time is not a big deal, but early in the month, i.e. now, it can get a bit confusing.

Thanks,

Andrew
    Thank you for the suggestion. This is not something that crossed my mind before releasing internationally.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by schmidtrock View Post
    This app is a good start, but I'm not quite ready to switch over. I need more options to choose from for the due date, and would love to see a priority list (be it numbered or colour-coded) like the classic app used to be.
    Thanks, hopefully I can improve it enough to win you over eventually. I am aware that it still needs priorities like the classic app.

Thanks for the suggestions.
    Just purchased ToDo Classic. Had been a Palm Centro user for the last 4 years. Been a little adjustment. Trying to get a calendar similiar to the one in Centro. Where I can color code my different categories. Have 3 children, a husband and 2 jobs - each of them are a category. I liked being able to give each child, husband and job a color so I knew when looking at my months view calendar what I had going on.

The reason I downloaded the ToDo Classic was so that I could categorize them and alarm them. Now, is there anyway to incorporate them into my months view calendar on the Pre?

Am I making this too difficult on myself or is there another calendar out there like the Centro.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by barbharman View Post
    Just purchased ToDo Classic. Had been a Palm Centro user for the last 4 years. Been a little adjustment. Trying to get a calendar similiar to the one in Centro. Where I can color code my different categories. Have 3 children, a husband and 2 jobs - each of them are a category. I liked being able to give each child, husband and job a color so I knew when looking at my months view calendar what I had going on.

The reason I downloaded the ToDo Classic was so that I could categorize them and alarm them. Now, is there anyway to incorporate them into my months view calendar on the Pre?

Am I making this too difficult on myself or is there another calendar out there like the Centro.
    Thank you for trying ToDo Classic. First of all, there is no calendar integration available for ToDo Classic. Second, I love using the calendar on my Pre just as you described. The key is syncing with Google Calendar. Simply create a calendar for each category. These all integrate as basically separate color-coded categories both on your Pre and on the Google Calendar website.
    My Exchange (EAS) tasks are syncing with the stock ToDo app but not ToDo Classic. Is there a solution?
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by samarah View Post
    My Exchange (EAS) tasks are syncing with the stock ToDo app but not ToDo Classic. Is there a solution?
    I'm sorry, but ToDo Classic uses a completely separate database. There are no plans for Exchange syncing. I hope to one day add some type of online syncing, but that is still up in the air. Sorry, wish I had some better news for you.
    I downloaded ToDo Classic a week ago. Since then, I started experiencing problems relating to a patch I previously installed that deactivates system sound when start charging. I had to remove the patch and reinstall the patch to make it work. Then it happened again after a couple days. I also experienced inactivation of my screen state clock slow down with screen off (uberkernel), and had to go back into Govnah to reset. I also found that the baseline battery drain to be significantly higher than usual, which may be due, at least in part, to the Pre not clocking down to 125MHz like I had set it to at screen-off.

Since then, I removed ToDo Classic, rebooted (with battery pull), and the problems has not come back for the last couple of days. I wonder if other experienced similar issues?
    Great app! But, I seem to be missing something wrt recurring items. To use a specific example: I have a task to do daily at 8:00PM. So, I set the date for today, the alarm time as 8:00PM, and recurring as Every Day. The alarm goes off. I click the notice at the bottom of the screen...

BUT, how do I indicate that I've done the task TODAY and I want the Due Date to change to tomorrow? I've tried both doing Nothing and clicking Complete. Doing nothing leaves the task at the original date and it never sounds the alarm again. Clicking Complete, and the task disappears.

What am I missing?

Just an enhancement request unrelated to recurring tasks:
    I'd like alarm options:
    * 'n' days before, rather than forcing '1'.
    * 'n' hours before, rather than forcing '1'.
    Some tasks that have a 'deadline' may take a while to work on before completion. If I specify greater than '1' for either of these, I'd like the alarm to repeat on the interval indicated. i.e., Remind me four hours before and each hour until marked completed. Or, Remind me four days before and each day before until marked completed.

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by luau joe View Post
    I downloaded ToDo Classic a week ago. Since then, I started experiencing problems relating to a patch I previously installed that deactivates system sound when start charging. I had to remove the patch and reinstall the patch to make it work. Then it happened again after a couple days. I also experienced inactivation of my screen state clock slow down with screen off (uberkernel), and had to go back into Govnah to reset. I also found that the baseline battery drain to be significantly higher than usual, which may be due, at least in part, to the Pre not clocking down to 125MHz like I had set it to at screen-off.

Since then, I removed ToDo Classic, rebooted (with battery pull), and the problems has not come back for the last couple of days. I wonder if other experienced similar issues?
    Hmm, this is a new one to me. I've also used ToDo Classic with Govnah and screenstate, but I didn't notice any issues. It could just be some weird combination of patches, but this is really outside my realm of knowledge. The only thing I can think of in the app that could even possibly cause any sort of issues is the alarms/notifications. Perhaps try it w/o alarms and see if you see similar issues?
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cgehr View Post
    Great app! But, I seem to be missing something wrt recurring items. To use a specific example: I have a task to do daily at 8:00PM. So, I set the date for today, the alarm time as 8:00PM, and recurring as Every Day. The alarm goes off. I click the notice at the bottom of the screen...

BUT, how do I indicate that I've done the task TODAY and I want the Due Date to change to tomorrow? I've tried both doing Nothing and clicking Complete. Doing nothing leaves the task at the original date and it never sounds the alarm again. Clicking Complete, and the task disappears.

What am I missing?

Just an enhancement request unrelated to recurring tasks:
    I'd like alarm options:
    * 'n' days before, rather than forcing '1'.
    * 'n' hours before, rather than forcing '1'.
    Some tasks that have a 'deadline' may take a while to work on before completion. If I specify greater than '1' for either of these, I'd like the alarm to repeat on the interval indicated. i.e., Remind me four hours before and each hour until marked completed. Or, Remind me four days before and each day before until marked completed.

Thanks!
    First of all, thanks! I'm glad you like the app. Also thank you for the suggestions...I can't make any promises though.

Second, the say recurring items are supposed to work is by going into the app and hitting the checkbox. It should respawn the item with the next day as the due date. If this isn't happening you've caught a bug. Could you try it w/o setting an alarm to see if maybe it's the alarm causing the issue? Thank you for letting me know.
    Ref: Reinstating reoccuring tasks...

OK, maybe you fixed it since I had the last issue. Here's what I did:
    1) I created a 'Test Recurring' task and scheduled for 'Daily' with an alarm for T+15 minutes. When the alarm sounded, I hit the checkbox. The task disappeared, but then it did reappear for tomorrow. Just what I would have expected.

BUT, I had two other 'past due' tasks from a couple of weeks ago that did not work that way. On those, when the alarm sounded, I checked them and they just disappeared. I had to display the completed list and re-establish them for the next deadline. So, next, I left them unchecked, but they just stayed on the 'red list' of past due tasks. [It might be nice if there were a nag alert as mentioned in my original post.]

The only thing I can think of that may have been different from the 'real' tasks that did not reinstate and the 'test' task that did: For the 'real' ones, I may have missed the original alarm, but went back and checked them off some time later. For the 'test' task, I checked it at the time of the original alarm.

Again, maybe you beat me to the fix. I'll watch the real ones to see how they act. If they work OK now, consider this closed. Otherwise, I'll try to be a bit more observant about the exact steps I take and the timing, and I'll follow up on this thread.

Another suggestion I just thought of:
    * Recurring ever 'n' hours. I'm thinking of this for things like medicines that need to be taken 'every 4 hours' or '3 times per day' [scheduled as every '8 hours']. I know: No commitments. I just want to be sure you don't run out of things to do... ;-)

Thanks, again!

FOLLOW UP testing...

Suspicion confirmed:
    If I do not immediately mark the item complete; either because I look at the task when the alarm goes off but don't check it off, or because I just don't get around to seeing the alarm until much later and then I delay the completion check, when I do go back to the task and mark it complete, it is treated just like any other completed, but NON-recurring task. It disappears from the active list.

If it goes to the completed list, then when I do remove the check, change the date to 'tomorrow' and dismiss the task back to the list, it does not just go to the list, but it sounds the alarm before moving back to the active list. This extra alarm also sounds if I just change the date/time of a non-recurring task. It's a bit annoying...

Hope this helps you investigate the source of the problem. Feel free to ask for specific tests if that will help you.

Carl
    Last edited by cgehr; 06/24/2010 at 09:16 PM. Reason: Add follow up testing - Confirmed Failure
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Ref: Reinstating reoccuring tasks...

OK, maybe you fixed it since I had the last issue. Here's what I did:
    1) I created a 'Test Recurring' task and scheduled for 'Daily' with an alarm for T+15 minutes. When the alarm sounded, I hit the checkbox. The task disappeared, but then it did reappear for tomorrow. Just what I would have expected.

BUT, I had two other 'past due' tasks from a couple of weeks ago that did not work that way. On those, when the alarm sounded, I checked them and they just disappeared. I had to display the completed list and re-establish them for the next deadline. So, next, I left them unchecked, but they just stayed on the 'red list' of past due tasks. [It might be nice if there were a nag alert as mentioned in my original post.]

The only thing I can think of that may have been different from the 'real' tasks that did not reinstate and the 'test' task that did: For the 'real' ones, I may have missed the original alarm, but went back and checked them off some time later. For the 'test' task, I checked it at the time of the original alarm.

Again, maybe you beat me to the fix. I'll watch the real ones to see how they act. If they work OK now, consider this closed. Otherwise, I'll try to be a bit more observant about the exact steps I take and the timing, and I'll follow up on this thread.

Another suggestion I just thought of:
    * Recurring ever 'n' hours. I'm thinking of this for things like medicines that need to be taken 'every 4 hours' or '3 times per day' [scheduled as every '8 hours']. I know: No commitments. I just want to be sure you don't run out of things to do... ;-)

Thanks, again!

FOLLOW UP testing...

Suspicion confirmed:
    If I do not immediately mark the item complete; either because I look at the task when the alarm goes off but don't check it off, or because I just don't get around to seeing the alarm until much later and then I delay the completion check, when I do go back to the task and mark it complete, it is treated just like any other completed, but NON-recurring task. It disappears from the active list.

If it goes to the completed list, then when I do remove the check, change the date to 'tomorrow' and dismiss the task back to the list, it does not just go to the list, but it sounds the alarm before moving back to the active list. This extra alarm also sounds if I just change the date/time of a non-recurring task. It's a bit annoying...

Hope this helps you investigate the source of the problem. Feel free to ask for specific tests if that will help you.

Carl
    Interesting. I can't think of any way that waiting to check the task would impact its settings in the database. Could you tell me how long you have to wait for it not to work? I'll try to reproduce it then. Odd.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    New version is now available in the App Catalog! This adds custom recurring items such as every X days/weeks/months/years.

Would greatly appreciate your support. I'm just outside the Hot Apps rankings with 5 days to go!

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by nlowhor View Post
    Interesting. I can't think of any way that waiting to check the task would impact its settings in the database. Could you tell me how long you have to wait for it not to work? I'll try to reproduce it then. Odd.
    There did not seem to be any particular time delay.

BUT, since the recent update a few days ago (0.6.5) the problem(s) seem to have gone away. The delay in my response was because I was testing several items. With/without alarm, for example. I've let the alarm sit for a while; looked at it, but not marked it completed until later; looks good at this point. (I'm not bashful; I'll let you know if I see any other glitches. ;-) ...)

Thank you for the quick attention and for the updates.

Carl
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    There did not seem to be any particular time delay.

BUT, since the recent update a few days ago (0.6.5) the problem(s) seem to have gone away. The delay in my response was because I was testing several items. With/without alarm, for example. I've let the alarm sit for a while; looked at it, but not marked it completed until later; looks good at this point. (I'm not bashful; I'll let you know if I see any other glitches. ;-) ...)

Thank you for the quick attention and for the updates.

Carl
    Well it's always nice to fix issues inadvertently. Thanks for keeping me on my toes!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast