Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    For anyone who hasn't noticed, someone has ported the insanely addicting "The Helicopter Game" (can be found at addictinggames.com among other game sites) to WebOS as a free app...

This is one of the simplest games ever, but I have wasted hours upon hours playing this on the computer so I fully expect to find this be one of my top used apps now that I have it.

If the DEV is listening, thank you for the great app, but I have one request. It would be great if the gesture area could be used to activate the Helicopter instead - or in addition to - the screen... I tend to use my right thumb and when doing this on the screen I sometimes block an obstacle from view and end up crashing way too early. hahaha
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    High scores? 945
    haha used to play this game all the time back on a pc. Its taking a little time to get used to sensitivity on the pre, but I was also hoping the gesture area or spacebar could be used for control. Currently high score at 868, hoping to break 1000 soon!
  4.    #4  
    I haven't gotten over 700 yet... still trying to train my left thumb so I don't cover obstacles with my right. ha
    haha yeah, training of the left thumb is key. just got my 1050!
    Looks like parsec, from my TI days as a 4 year old.

oh TI-99, my dad bought you at Caldor, and you played parsec, and some math game that i didn't like involving crocodiles.

my dad used to program you, to do what, i'm not sure.

downloading helicopter now.
    There are four lights.
    Thanks for the feedback
    I don't think I can use the gesture area for taps, but I could add spacebar support. I myself always used the left thumb.
  8.    #8  
    Thanks for replying... I would of course prefer to not have the keyboard open to play, but if I can't have gesture area, I would like the option to use the space bar.

The feedback of clicking the button would probably increase my score a ton!
    your right this game is addicting high score 1117
    Haven't broken 1000 yet... 844 so far...working on it!!

Vielen Dank fuer das Spiel roar!!
    I used to play a game on a palm III which basically was the same. I cant remember the name (caves or something), but this is really great.
    true guys.. it is the most addicting game.. and then comes the AirTraffic Lite and Zombie.. those two are also pretty crazy addictive.
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    High score of 848 so far.
    Looks like this game actually has some slowdown when some other stuff is running, it makes it a bit easier.
    And +1 on the gesture area option
    It is a great former PALM game and addictive as well. Damn you guys all Ive gotten has been a 495!
    This old game is more addictive than the pricey gameloft 3-D games.

Dave
    Just cracked an 1156, feelin' pretty good about myself
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    It should have the option of flying right-to-left, or left-to-right, making it accessible for lefties and righties alike. Right now it favors southpaws.
    super addictive game. I'm up to 1248.
    Just played this for the first time on the PC - don't have the full app catalog in Europe yet, but I will definitely be getting this when we do
    Quote Originally Posted by SqyArc View Post
    Just played this for the first time on the PC - don't have the full app catalog in Europe yet, but I will definitely be getting this when we do
    Um, the app should be available in the UK though, isn't it?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast