Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by speak easy View Post
    Can you do a "Quickmix" of your custom stations in Slacker? I can't figure out how. I like that feature in Pandora so I don't get tired of one type of music.
    I think you can do this at the website when you log in.

Slacker DOES NOT have playback buttons when screen is locked, so downside. but for me, i like the "more recent" music on Slacker.
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Quote Originally Posted by igobytony View Post
    there's lastfm on pres?
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...-progress.html

its getting there
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    The Slacker app is nicer to look at, and does well with all the preset stations. Pandora is all about what I want to listen to though and Slacker is making me pay $5 a month for the same feature and to ditch the adds. I have Sirius Satellite radio so forget another music subscription.

I will stick with Pandora more often, my stations are mine and they are at the point of perfection right now. Slacker will be used though when I want a change. The punk channels are very nice. I have already entertained the 6 month old with the toddler channel (even though it has long pauses between songs which bugs me). Overall Pandora wins for me though.
    Accuradio for their variety of channels
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kbritt31 View Post
    That link isn't getting anywhere though.

edit: Dang, now it is working for me in the quote box. Weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by billybennett View Post
    I'm sure it would work when we get flash.
    that's what i thought. the way they presented the lastfm idea made me think it was a viable choice at this point.
    that's what i thought. the way they presented the lastfm idea made me think it was a viable choice at this point.
    with that in development program you can stream your library, neighbours, recommended, tag radio...and u can play songs/artists directly, it's certainly better than pandora even with its limited functionality
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    For me, Slacker beats out Pandora. Slacker is more flexible when it comes to customizing stations and the playlist is not as repetitive as Pandora. I was greatly pleased when the Slacker app came out for WebOS today!
    Last edited by noshooz; 02/01/2010 at 07:40 PM. Reason: Added additional content
    Quote Originally Posted by speak easy View Post
    Can you do a "Quickmix" of your custom stations in Slacker? I can't figure out how. I like that feature in Pandora so I don't get tired of one type of music.
    Nevermind, I figured it out. On the website under "Customize," you have to click on the heart next to the artists that you like. Coolness.
    Pandora why should I have to go to a website to customize radio stations when the Pre was suppose to make everything fast and simple!
    --Marvin
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Both of them suck because they dont have a built in timer feature and with the battery life being what it is on the Pre and Pixi, a timer would be a good idea.

Pockettunes (PalmOS) used to have a timer feature that would work great, I would set it for like 1.5hours of play and then it would pause automatically after timer was up, just in case I would forget to stop the music and find the phone dead after a while...
    did you check out the app? Works fine for me.
    With pandora you have to pay to get unlimited skips and no ads also!
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    I've never had a ad on my Pre with Pandora.. I have when I listen to it on my PC but I've always wondered why I don't get any ads on the Pre... I'm not complaining
    pandora has notification controls... Slacker doesn't. Slacker has more programing and comedy.
    I don't mind Pandora's limited skips only because they don't graduate over to the next station. And maybe it's just me, but the advert bar they installed never actually shows an advert, so I get the same experience I always did.

Slacker looks nice. I'll put it to the text tomorrow at work, but the indie station had me hooked from the first song they played when I booted it up.
    This isn't really a comparison with pandora, but I noticed yesterday when I downloaded Slacker Radio that it doesn't really have the same features as my friend's iphone app. Seems you can select a few stations, but you can't search for specific types of music. Maybe I'm missing something? He had a "find" or "search" or something right at the top front and center on his. Mine just has Recently played, slacker spotlight, top stations, etc etc...
    <<merged with thread posted in correct forum>>

WebOS apps go in the 'WebOS Apps and Software' forum.

Thanks,
    -Berd
    Just call me Berd.
    I believe that using Pandora on your phone qualifies you for a Pandora One account. If you create an account on your phone and then login on the website you should be commercial free. I've noticed that Pandora has always been commercial free on my phone. That said, I'm interested to see what Slacker has to offer, especially in the way of discovering new music.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    hi
    i was a last.fm user until i found
    this cool online radio tv243.com
    "Music discovery website to listen to music and watch videos in shuffle mode. Just by typing your keywords like favourite artists or bands, you will get always new videos each time you make a search. A sorted video starts automatically playing and a list of related videos and similar artists is displayed. When the videos ends, a new video is automatically randomized based on your keywords, performing a online radio channel. Finally, you get all this features for free. Enjoy!"
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast