Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Anyone else having this issue? When I click Updates it tells me updates are available, but when it launches the list none show up. Any way to fix this?
    I have the same problem - I wonder if it's something to do with Preware, because the homebrew apps are listed in the official update-app list. Don't know for sure though.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Yeah me, too.
    try goin into the app catalog then click on the shopping bag icon in bottom right. This should show a list of ur installed apps. Any that have updates should have an icon next to them.
    that happens a lot to me and just like Lclarkjr said, the shopping bag solution worked for me before.
    I've got the problem, have uninstalled/reinstalled almost everything, and done the shopping bag thing, all to no avail. It's somewhat disconcerting; my next step may be a rebuilding of the whole environment, but I'd rather not do so. {Jonathan}
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    I'm getting this bug too.
  8. Vij
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    Ran into this multiple times yesterday however it seems to have been resolved today. Palm server or software glitch?
    im having the same issue with the updates for the apps, and then they wont work. i even tryed to buy a new app from the app store and it wont even install. every time it tries to install it downloads it again and fails after the restart. anyone have any fixes or is it going to take a trip to the "doctor" to fix this
    Quote Originally Posted by bebz View Post
    that happens a lot to me and just like Lclarkjr said, the shopping bag solution worked for me before.
    This works for me also.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    I have the same problem. It doesn't seem to interfere with actually applying the updates to any of my apps though...
    I did a Full Erase and used WebOS doctor for a fresh start and it did not fix this problem. I have no idea where it originates.
    It's not preware, I don't have any homebrew or patches or themes on my phone, and I had the same problem. I did go to the App Catalog, hit the shopping bag, and I had a little button at the bottome that said "install updates". I hit it, and sure enough, one of them had an update and it did it.

I went back to the update button, let it check again, and this time around, the phone says "your phone is up to date", and at the very bottom of the screen it says in giant letters "Help will be availabe at launch"

That's a new one!
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    I don't know what is causing it but i do suspect it might be the cause from when switching the applications using the emergency migration application from preware that still makes some apps think they are in need for an upgrade after the switch has been made
    Quote Originally Posted by Makinola View Post
    I don't know what is causing it but i do suspect it might be the cause from when switching the applications using the emergency migration application from preware that still makes some apps think they are in need for an upgrade after the switch has been made
    I'm afraid not, I've never used the emergency migration utility (the migration issue was fixed before we ever got the firmware update in my country so it wasn't needed).

Guess again
    I had this before,partial erase fixed it but it also removes your apps,it went back to "your phone is up to date".
    All good i thought! now its back.
    so ANOTHER partial erase,this is becoming tiresome removing,re-applying apps.
    Or i may just leave it and see if 1.4 will override this fake update availability notification
    Last edited by 5 sisters; 02/16/2010 at 05:06 AM.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I have the same problem.
    The message appeared this morning, when I checked for new updates.
    Apart from the annoying message itself, it seems there's no other effect on the phone and apps functionality...

I have Preware too, but it doesn't report any update available.

I'll try the shopping bag thing this evening, let's see what happens.
    I assume that your talking about the Update app yielding this rather than the App Catalog. If so same for me but I always thought that when their no webos updates that prompt is some auto default to pretty much have you get the My App section in the app catalog for updates afterwards. Besides the issue being just a grammar issue, not a bug.
    Last edited by addiarmadar; 02/16/2010 at 09:19 AM.
    this happens to me also and i have never had themes patchs ect... hmmm strange
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Any of you have the Mobile Hot Spot app installed ?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast