Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    not me. i also get the help will be avail at launch message this started last night
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by helidos View Post
    Any of you have the Mobile Hot Spot app installed ?
    yes
    something else really strange i was playing with the whole update thing my pre just shut down and wont restart hmmm full battery hmmm..
    hmm it wont boot its dead
    The reason for this is simple... at least for me it is.

I have apps installed that have not been approved by Palm, so it is in that 'place-holder' app distribution system. So, I use Preware to get the update, which takes me to the 'place-holder' distribution store and I can update the apps from there.
    I have been having this issue intermittently for a couple weeks (since about the time the 1.4 fever started..) and I've noticed a few things:
    - Some of the larger programs don't always show up on the "My Applications" page whether I launch from the Updates app or internal to the catalog (shopping bag). Think NFSU and Golf, etc.
    - Even when I know there are app updates available it's like the catalog never quite finishes loading- at least the install updates bubble never shows itself.
    - Sometimes it works, and everything that I think I have loaded shows in my apps
    - I'm running a stock Sprint Pre (no patches/wares) with only app catalog apps installed.
    -As I went one by one, looking at each application, "PDF view" lists as an installed app, but when I click to view it in the catalog, it is gone, so maybe that's a hiccup...looking for an app that is no longer in the catalog?
    Dunno.
    Another thread for the same problem, still not resolved even after webOS 1.4 update.

forums.precentral.net/general-webos-chat/230627-application-update-problems.html

Cant post links yet, so just copy+paste the URL
    Last edited by jlocke1284; 02/28/2010 at 08:14 PM. Reason: Low post count, can't post links.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12