1.    #1  
    Guys,
    I never thought I would ever buy any applications for my phone but I was wrong. The first application I bought was Asphalt 5. I am not a big time gamer but always loved the car racing games. I have played NFS in the past on a PC and PS2 so wanted to try out Asphalt 5 this time on my sweet Palm Pre.

So here are my achievements so far.. If anyone has beaten me, comment here. ( The reason for posting this here is that I can't play with anyone else online.. which sucks)

1. Currently at Level 36
    2. 44 events unlocked out of 48
    3. Vehicles unlocked 28 out of 33
    4. Cities unlocked 12/12
    5. Girls unlocked 5/5
    6. Gold Cups -- 42 (yes won gold cups on all events except 2)
    7. Best time overall 00:45:241
    8. Best Drift 494
    9. Speed Demon -- reached 250/hour (407 km/hour)
    10. Picked up 100 power ups in single event
    11. crashed 50 traffic cars in single event
    12. Destroyed 20 police vehicles in single event

I am now stuck at Athens (Cop Chase) and I still can't figure out how to get 2500 points from a single drift.

Does anyone have any better scores??
    dont have better scores yet, since the app deleted my levels the first time round,

1. Currently at Level 25
    2. 35 events won out of 48
    3. Vehicles unlocked 24 out of 33
    4. Cities unlocked 10/12
    5. Girls unlocked 4/5
    6. Gold Cups -- 33 (2 bronze)
    7. Best time overall 00:49:807
    8. Best Drift 128
    9. Urban menace, destroyed 200 track objects
    11. international: win event at 6 locations
    12. bandit: Destroyed 20 police vehicles in single event

are you related to the great HIREN bootable cd???
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Do you guys have any tips for cop chase? Those levels freaking kill me. I've only completed 1 of them so far, but I'm at level 29.

Also, I found that changing from tilt steering to tap steering has helped me out greatly!
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by abegee View Post
    dont have better scores yet, since the app deleted my levels the first time round,

1. Currently at Level 25
    2. 35 events won out of 48
    3. Vehicles unlocked 24 out of 33
    4. Cities unlocked 10/12
    5. Girls unlocked 4/5
    6. Gold Cups -- 33 (2 bronze)
    7. Best time overall 00:49:807
    8. Best Drift 128
    9. Urban menace, destroyed 200 track objects
    11. international: win event at 6 locations
    12. bandit: Destroyed 20 police vehicles in single event

are you related to the great HIREN bootable cd???
    Cool.... keep it up..

I am not sure who are you referring to as HIREN bootable CD.. I don't know anything about that.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by spdqbr View Post
    Do you guys have any tips for cop chase? Those levels freaking kill me. I've only completed 1 of them so far, but I'm at level 29.

Also, I found that changing from tilt steering to tap steering has helped me out greatly!
    Cop Chases are the most difficult events in Asphalt 5. Some tips that I have been following for cop chase

1. If you have won enough car and money, make sure you buy super powerful car. You can go to Tunning once you buy a car and can buff it up so that it has all the good stuff. Don't make the vehicle light.. You need sturdy vehicle.

2. In cop chase event, target the lower position vehicles. Like 4th or 5th position first.

3. Go to full speed, drive next to them and wait for the turn.. and hit them hard towards the corner in the turn and they will be eliminated.

4. Another way to eliminate the car is to push them towards the curb with full speed and then hit them hard.

I am currently struggling with Cop Chase in Athens.. I have to freaking eliminate 5 cars out of 6 (including me) so practically all the cars in 3 laps. That is soo hard.
  6.    #6  
    Yay!!.. Just got the 1000 points in a single drift. That was actually tricky.. With your normal speed turn a little bit in the direction you want the drift then tap the brake paddle once and then tilt your phone in the opposite direction of the actual drift. .... amazing...Asphalt 5 rocks.
    Last edited by hirenpathak; 02/01/2010 at 02:43 PM.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts

pro tip: you can eliminate the same car twice.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    WOW! You guys are kicking *****!! I lost all my info when I got to level 15 and had to start all over. Still cant drift worth $h!t... guess I need more practice.
    Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    Still need to figure out what I need to do for that last Achievement!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by tc600; 02/01/2010 at 09:23 PM.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by tc600 View Post
    Still need to figure out what I need to do for that last Achievement!
    Damn!!.. You beat me on that.. I still have 3 more events to win..and still needs to be a millionaire. Good drift yo!!.. How did you get the 3000+ drift point? Educate us..
    Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hirenpathak View Post
    Damn!!.. You beat me on that.. I still have 3 more events to win..and still needs to be a millionaire. Good drift yo!!.. How did you get the 3000+ drift point? Educate us..
    I did the drift in Athens time trial, using a slower car with great handling characteristics. You don't actually have to win the event for the drift to be noted as a record, so I picked the event with no other competitors so there was less chance of someone bumping me off the drift. I think you could probably get it past 4000 on that track!

For the cop chases, using a bigger, slower car is actually much easier - you should still upgrade it all the way (except for lightness), but using a bigger, slower car (like the Audi Q7) puts you in a race against similarly slower cars so you have more time to eliminate them (and makes it easier for you to eliminate the same car again and again).

Anyone figured out how to do a donut? Someone mentioned being able to do it on the iPhone version, but didn't specify how. You can watch it in the preview for the New York races, but I haven't figured out how to execute it yet. I'm guessing that might have something to do with the final achievement ...
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    With your help I have managed to beat all the cop chase levels. Brings me to a total of 48/48 golds. Still only have 29/33 cars unlocked though!

I found a maxed out Ferrari 599xx to handle the cop chase levels quite well. Just save up your boost and when another car comes up from behind you, veer into them and hit nitro. Works a treat.
    Thank you!!!! Did exactly as you said and got through Athens Cop Chase.
    Eliminated 4 carsin 1st lap using your Audi Q7 all upgrades without lightweight.
    My strategy includes
    1. eliminate two cars in a row right after start by 3X nitro right 5th and then left into 4th
    2. stop, wait 1 sec for your two buddies to respawn, speed up normally saving nitro
    3. repeat eliminating 5th and 4th cars whichever passes by you first. Best is if hard nitro hit into back side of the car (avoid front hit which just leaves a scratch)
    hi iam c.g.
    1. Currently at Level 49
    2. 48 events unlocked out of 48
    3. Vehicles unlocked 32 out of 33
    4. Cities unlocked 12/12
    5. Girls unlocked 5/5
    6. Gold Cups -- 46 (yes won gold cups on all events except 2)
    7. Best time overall 00:45:241
    8. Best Drift 1500
    9. Speed Demon -- reached 250/hour (407 km/hour)
    11. crashed 50 traffic cars in single event
    12. Destroyed 20 police vehicles in single event

i haven't completed 'new neighbor' achievement

how to get 33rd car.......