Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Alright, I'm in the final stages of development for my Omegle app! I just have a couple bugs I need to work out and features I want to add. You can see the screenshots of it on my blog at: Omegle App for Palm Pre! Connor LaCombe!

I'm not sure if I'm actually going to be able to use the name "Omegle" for the app it self yet but I'll get all of the figured out once I finish the app. Let me know if you like the look of it I guess. lol
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    is there a beta available to test it out bc it seems cool so far!
  3.    #3  
    No sorry, I don't have a beta out. It'll be hopefully available in the Palm App Catalog soon!
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Interesting concept -- I like the idea.

I just don't think I like the name though. It is unclear how to pronounce it (oh-megh-lee, om-egg-gle, ohm-glee, ahm--gle, etc.) The name also doesn't convey anything about the product.

It should use some play on words to hint at its purpose, e.g., something like SeeWhosThere, QuienHabla, WhoGoesThere, RandomChat, Talk2Strangers (or DontTalk2Strangers? lol), etc.

I just read the derivation of the name on Wikipedia (Omegle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). It still doesn't make sense. What does Omega have to do with communication and/or strangers?
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
  5.    #5  
    Honestly, I have no clue what it means or how to say it. It's just the name of the service of which I'm making the app for. I'll probably end up changing the name to something else.
    This is app is designed to connect you with complete strangers for anonymous chat?

I suppose I might download it if my wife left me, my friends and family died and I was stranded on the moon. Otherwise I don't see the utility.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    This is app is designed to connect you with complete strangers for anonymous chat?

I suppose I might download it if my wife left me, my friends and family died and I was stranded on the moon. Otherwise I don't see the utility.
    one of the best ways to kill time...and that is the utility

btw the screens look great, i look forward to trying the app out when it lands
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post

Actually the service is designed to connect you with complete strangers, the app is client for the service. I personally am not affiliated with Omegle (yet).
    It's sort of the way I used BBM on my Blackberry. It can be fun, but Omegle is too anonymous for me. At least with BBM you had a general idea about the person.
  10.    #10  
    I know a lot of people have wanted an Omegle app for the Palm WebOS. Surprisingly there isn't one on the app store (yet!). I'm proud to announce that I have finished my Omegle app for the Palm Pre. I have the FINAL screenshots on my blog: Omegle App – Palm WebOS – Finished! Connor LaCombe. It will be available in the app store as soon as possible, which is whenever Omegle gets back to me or I get sick of waiting and post it.

Tell me if you like it / love it / hate it / suggestions / etc..

I plan on selling it for $0.99 on the Palm App Catalog (if I work on an agreement with Omegle). I might have to just put it on there for free, I would put it on Preware also (if I make it for free).
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    I'd donate more than a buck for this.
    Aggg! Any updates?

I'm dying for this!
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rlopin View Post
    Interesting concept -- I like the idea.

I just don't think I like the name though. It is unclear how to pronounce it (oh-megh-lee, om-egg-gle, ohm-glee, ahm--gle, etc.) The name also doesn't convey anything about the product.

It should use some play on words to hint at its purpose, e.g., something like SeeWhosThere, QuienHabla, WhoGoesThere, RandomChat, Talk2Strangers (or DontTalk2Strangers? lol), etc.

I just read the derivation of the name on Wikipedia (Omegle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). It still doesn't make sense. What does Omega have to do with communication and/or strangers?
    It uses Omegle.com for the connection service. It's a client. Plenty of people know what Omegle is.

That said, the author better receive permission from Omegle.com before publishing the application or there could be legal ramifications.
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    Great time waster. Unfortunately I first discovered it in the middle of finals.
  15.    #15  
    I have submitted the app to the Palm App Catalog. I have permission from the founder of Omegle. It is currently, "Being Reviewed" by Palm for submission. The price will be $0.99. You can view the snapshots at my blog: Connor LaCombe
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clacombe View Post
    I have submitted the app to the Palm App Catalog. I have permission from the founder of Omegle. It is currently, "Being Reviewed" by Palm for submission. The price will be $0.99. You can view the snapshots at my blog: [url= LaCombe[/url]
    congratulations on getting permission.
    I will definitely be purchasing your app when it arrives.
  17.    #17  
    Finally! Opregle is now available in the Palm App Catalog for $0.99! Get your copy of Opregle today!
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    I can't find it in the app catalog
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Great app. Keep up the good work, CLacombe. I wish I was as motivated as you are when I was your age.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by IRhino View Post
    Great app. Keep up the good work, CLacombe. I wish I was as motivated as you are when I was your age.
    Hey thanks, I'm glad you like it.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast