Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Sorry if there is an easy fix for this but my Directv app isn't letting me record. I just got Directv on monday and I got the app. I've logged in fine and i'm trying to set up something to record. But the green "record this program" button is grayed out. I can't press it. Am I missing something?
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    At least it's letting you login. I'm using the correct user/pass and I get invalid authentication every time. This application is crap.
    Obscura
    Quote Originally Posted by Drnycallstar19 View Post
    Sorry if there is an easy fix for this but my Directv app isn't letting me record. I just got Directv on monday and I got the app. I've logged in fine and i'm trying to set up something to record. But the green "record this program" button is grayed out. I can't press it. Am I missing something?
    The Directv app is the 1st app I ever downloaded! It is awesome!

To answer your question/problem..and please forgive me if you have done all of these steps, but sometimes even the most insignificant step can make the difference!

1. You indicated you just got your Directv, you need to start w/ your TV/DVR.

Have all your channels/programming loaded via the satellite? Sometimes this can take 1-2 days. Have you checked your guide on your TV to make sure all channels are showing i.e. is ESPN showing on channel 206?

Have you gone online & registered w/ Directv? You need to do this for the app to work. Your online log in is your log in for the app.

Once into the app, have you chosen your preferences? This helps in the "sorting" of channels that show to select from (I don't want channels I don't get to show).

I just accessed my DTV app, selected a channel & hit the green record button at the bottom...there was about a 10 second delay but the show began to record.

You said your "record" button is grayed out..perhaps DRTV is not recognizing your receiver as a DVR & thus is "unable" to "record" per the app.

I would make sure you have done all the above steps, make sure when you are looking at your online profile that your receiver shows as a DVR. If not, that is where your problem is.....if it shows as a DVR, then delete the app, log in again & try again...let us know...

HTH....
    Yeah I did all those steps. I'm logged in and everything. I actually forgot to mention that I went on the mobile site and succesfully got it to record something. It's the app that doesn't let me record.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drnycallstar19 View Post
    Yeah I did all those steps. I'm logged in and everything. I actually forgot to mention that I went on the mobile site and succesfully got it to record something. It's the app that doesn't let me record.
    Did you delete the app & download again? Something is weird....
    Yeap, tried that more then once. Still doesn't work. Something is very weird..
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234