Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by beret9987 View Post
    I'd love to have the ability to transfer my shoes off the TiVo so lets hope ...
    Your really shouldn't be keeping your shoes on the TiVo in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    My hard drive died in mine.....long long time ago. Really, the current DVR isn't all that bad, just a bit sluggish while navigating the guide.

Are you able to use this app to tell your tivo what to record?
    Yup... works perfectly! After all it is a DirecTV DVR with the TiVo engine instead of their own.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I agree this app is a major upgrade from using the mobile site, which just did not work well in the Pre's browser, but I was a bit disappointed to see the lack of ability to add extra time to the end of a recording. I record a LOT of sports on my HD-DVR, and they never schedule adequate time for games. Some of the other features mentioned here would be nice as well, but I could see them taking a fair amount of development. Adding the ability to add extra time seems to me like it would be trivial (but it all depends on the interface the app uses, I guess).

Anyone know of a way to get feedback to DirecTV on the app? It's good, and I'm glad it's free, but it has the potential to be great...

-- robert
    Quote Originally Posted by beret9987 View Post
    Ahh! ITS SO AWESOME! I just setup a bunch of TV recordings since I find it easier to navigate through this interface than my HD DVR. Kudos to DirecTV!
    Indeed! This has replaced my remote for show look ups
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Your really shouldn't be keeping your shoes on the TiVo in the first place.
    Ahaha xD Oops! Didn't notice that one :P On a related note, I now have HD shoes from DirecTV On Demand! :P
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    Indeed! This has replaced my remote for show look ups
    +1

Makings finding shows and recording things a whole lot easier since u dont have to go letter by letter and slow response of the sat in hhouse receiver. Much more efficient doing it in your hand
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter600 View Post
    +1

Makings finding shows and recording things a whole lot easier since u dont have to go letter by letter and slow response of the sat in hhouse receiver. Much more efficient doing it in your hand
    +2
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Its funny my brother in law ans I were watching the Pro Bowl and talking about how the mobile verision of DriecTv did not look anything like the show on the commercials. I then see they have a webOs app and the first time I open it, it looks just like the one in the commercial. I have scrolled around in it but havent set anything to record yet. Seems pretty cool though.
    Maybe we will see the features mentioned in this article soon. It's about the new iPhone version....since our version is the same as the present iPHone version, which has been out for a year, maybe we'll get the same features too?

DirecTV DVR Scheduler app celebrates 1 million iPhone downloads, new features on the way -- Engadget Mobile
    Guys, I feel like a fool, but I need a little help here. I'm going to the App catalog but cannot find the new DirecTV app. When I search "DirecTV", all that comes up is the old Super Fan one.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?? thanks.
    Now I just need directv! The search in the catalog worked for me just typing in directv
    Hmm ... I just noticed I don't have the newest updated software available. Could that be the reason it's not showing up for me?

I'm downloading the new stuff now, so we'll see.

Thanks for checking, drewton.
    that could be it, good luck. It's a great app
    Directv is much better than cable.
    Better picture.More HD.
    Cheaper.
    Great AP.

Quote Originally Posted by drewton540 View Post
    Now I just need directv! The search in the catalog worked for me just typing in directv
    Just to update, especially in the event anyone else was experiencing a similar problem as I was ... the new software update was the trick.

Not only is the DirecTV app now available, but so are about 100 others.
    Quote Originally Posted by rmingee View Post
    I agree this app is a major upgrade from using the mobile site, which just did not work well in the Pre's browser, but I was a bit disappointed to see the lack of ability to add extra time to the end of a recording. I record a LOT of sports on my HD-DVR, and they never schedule adequate time for games. Some of the other features mentioned here would be nice as well, but I could see them taking a fair amount of development. Adding the ability to add extra time seems to me like it would be trivial (but it all depends on the interface the app uses, I guess).

Anyone know of a way to get feedback to DirecTV on the app? It's good, and I'm glad it's free, but it has the potential to be great...

-- robert

Just record the show after it as a work around.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by buchkoba00 View Post
    Just record the show after it as a work around.
    Sure, I can do that, but like I said, it seems (to me) like it would be trivial to add the padding option to the app. But you're right, it's still workable to record sports remotely, just not as convenient as it could be.

-- robert
    This app is not working for me at all - tried to record shows for the first time last night while on vacation and had no options to do so.

First, I do not have telephone line to my dvr, we always use remote. Is that the problem?

And it didn't even give ESPN, channel 206 as an option - tried to get Reggie Miller special

Any help or suggestions??
  19.    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by nmoreman View Post
    This app is not working for me at all - tried to record shows for the first time last night while on vacation and had no options to do so.

First, I do not have telephone line to my dvr, we always use remote. Is that the problem?

And it didn't even give ESPN, channel 206 as an option - tried to get Reggie Miller special

Any help or suggestions??
    nop, I don't have telephone line in my dvr either and work great, maybe uninstalling the app and installing back work!
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    I'd like to try it but I keep getting an authentication failure when trying to login.

Went to web site and checked that I'm using the correct user/pass.
    Obscura
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast