Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    sweet!!!!

any way to check the que tho? (see what programmed to be recorded)
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter600 View Post
    sweet!!!!

any way to check the que tho? (see what programmed to be recorded)
    No unfortunetly there is no option for that "yet" (here's hoping) I think what would be really neat is an option to cancel a recording you set-up, either with a text confirmation option for deletion or email, at the least.

From what I have heard they are not just stopping the advancement of this app, there could very well be better things and other options in the works! Granted there is some things they need to work out in this release but that will come.
    Still happily rooting my launch 6/6/09 Pre!
    (and my wife's)
    Quote Originally Posted by Webby_s View Post
    No unfortunetly there is no option for that "yet" (here's hoping) I think what would be really neat is an option to cancel a recording you set-up, either with a text confirmation option for deletion or email, at the least.

From what I have heard they are not just stopping the advancement of this app, there could very well be better things and other options in the works! Granted there is some things they need to work out in this release but that will come.
    Do you work for DirecTV? I noticed your avatar....or are you just that big of a fan of this awesome app?

I think the iPhone version has the same features as our version, if it had more features, then it might be a glimpse of what is to come.

It would be great if we could manage our recordings from the app, like delete stuff that you don't want any more to make room for new stuff, or just to see what currently is on the dvr.
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Let's just say I have a little special interest in all the workings of the app but I am no programer, nor a writer of this app. Just a helper/tester of the initial stages.
    (and my wife's)
    Hey webby long time no see!
    I am not a directtv subscriber but it works great for a regular tv guide app.
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Hey webby long time no see!
    I am not a directtv subscriber but it works great for a regular tv guide app.
    Hey mamouton, yes long time since I posted but I still lurk, A LOT!!!

Ya well maybe it will get you to get D* LOL But yes it would be a useful TV Guide!!
    (and my wife's)
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    is pretty cool, you dont need to get in the web to set your dvr , just open your directv app and voila... easy!!!
    I almost (did) missed this because of the flood of crap from Brighthouse Labs, etc....lol! Is anyone able to install Hide App Vendors? I keep getting an error on that and Landscape Messaging...
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by Webby_s View Post
    Let's just say I have a little special interest in all the workings of the app but I am no programer, nor a writer of this app. Just a helper/tester of the initial stages.
    So....do you know of any new features coming like letting us look at what's on our DVR and the ability to do some deleting while on the go?

Slightly off topic, but is it true that DirecTV will soon be getting Tivo DVR's again, and if so, will they work with this app?
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    So....do you know of any new features coming like letting us look at what's on our DVR and the ability to do some deleting while on the go?
    I don't "know" of any new features at this present time. (is that stock enough of an answer)

Slightly off topic, but is it true that DirecTV will soon be getting Tivo DVR's again, and if so, will they work with this app?
    It is true that D* may get a TIVO this year, possibly, maybe. But no one is for sure. The best I can do is point you in this direction. Regarding the work in's of this app, not to anyone's knowledge. I don't even think Directv folks know much about the DirecTIVO's. My assumptions would be that it would work with the app in regards to setting up a recording since that is all done through the satellite.
    (and my wife's)

DIRECTV TiVo - DIRECTV DVR with TiVo service - TiVo
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    Wish I had directtv
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter600 View Post
    how does it work if u have 4 diff receivers in the house?
    For anyone wanting to see what it looks like:

Quote Originally Posted by digink View Post
    Wish I had directtv
    Well think about picking it up... think of all the HD channels you'll get.
    (and my wife's)
    Quote Originally Posted by digink View Post
    Wish I had directtv
    What's keeping you from getting it?

I love DirecTV. I miss my old Tivo DirecTV, it was faster than the current crop of DVR's.... Hopefully the Tivo one will become a standard again for DirecTV and hopefully they will keep and improve this great app for the Pre!
    I hope there is a dishnetwork app available soon
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    I hope there is a dishnetwork app available soon
    Best thing to do is call or email them. I called and emailed DirecTV before, and while the guy on the phone was nice, he didn't know anything about it and just told me to use the website on my phone instead. He did tell me where to send my suggestion.
    What's keeping you from getting it?

I love DirecTV. I miss my old Tivo DirecTV, it was faster than the current crop of DVR's.... Hopefully the Tivo one will become a standard again for DirecTV and hopefully they will keep and improve this great app for the Pre!
    **Off-Topic Alert
    I'm still using the TiVo DVR for DirecTV and am hoping it never goes bad because I've heard nothing but bad about DirecTV's own programming guide. I don't get a lot of the extra's I'd get with the newer units, but would much rather use the TiVo system than theirs. I know that DirecTV finally ironed out their contract differences with TiVo a while back so there should be a crop of new equipment available. /off-topic
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    **Off-Topic Alert
    I'm still using the TiVo DVR for DirecTV and am hoping it never goes bad because I've heard nothing but bad about DirecTV's own programming guide. I don't get a lot of the extra's I'd get with the newer units, but would much rather use the TiVo system than theirs. I know that DirecTV finally ironed out their contract differences with TiVo a while back so there should be a crop of new equipment available. /off-topic
    I'd love to have the ability to transfer my shoes off the TiVo so lets hope thats somehow there but most likely hidden. I'd love to get those shows and watch them on my Pre
    **Off-Topic Alert
    My hard drive died in mine.....long long time ago. Really, the current DVR isn't all that bad, just a bit sluggish while navigating the guide.

Are you able to use this app to tell your tivo what to record?
    **Off-Topic Alert
    Here's a place that will fix, upgrade your Tivo DVR.

https://www.weaknees.com/tivo-upgrade.php
    Yep. This app rocks my socks!

I was SOOO tired of the misbehavin' DirecTv mobile site. (The constant zoom battles were getting old quick!)
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast