Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Like my pre. Also have iPhone and Hero. I'm not here to debate which is better. I will say I would love to stick with Palm as I have a special place for the company that I feel brought us the smartphone. That said, I'm getting inpatient about the lack of the applications I've come to enjoy? TripIt, USA Today, Bump, Bejeweled, Shazam, SportsTap, DirecTv DVR Scheduler (I read it's released in Preware, but I'm using my Hero today out of town) and I'm sure you can add more. The new games are great (I hope everyone is enjoying them), but these are popular apps that I can't believe are taking this long to release.
    Remember Palm has only very recently (like a month ago) finished work on its PDK which will allow easy porting of C applications (like the iPhone uses) - once this is released more widely to the public and to other developers I think we will see quite a large spike in new applications because it will be incredibly easy to port over existing code.

The reason these apps don't already exist is that previously they would have had to be completely rewritten to run on WebOS - which obviously takes time and money.

They will come eventually... in the mean time you can contact the individual companies and urge them to consider porting their applications to WebOS
    What is the point of this post other than to complain? If the Pre isn't working for what you need now use the phone that does work for you and if in the future it has what you need come back.

I do have to agree though that it's always a good idea to tell the developers you're interested in their product on your device.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Thanks SqyArc. You response is certainly more articulate and helpful than the condescending attitude of thekarens.