Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    palm fix ur damn app catalog a lot of my apps are not updating it says install failed I'm so ****ed
  2.    #2  
    grrrr
    how r u trying to update anyways??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    you do know that there is something wrong with app catalog right this min. right??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  5.    #5  
    yeah I do know thank you very much but one app hasn't been able to update since last week
  6. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    I'm have the same problem tonight with not updating, gdial pro, where, seismograph are the ones that won't update on mine. versions are current, even after removing then re-installing from app catalog, still shows an update is needed.
    do you have preware installed?

if so i think you have to do some sort of "emergency migration" or something like that... i forget and to lazy to look up.. and it should fix it
    Last edited by antonio3; 01/30/2010 at 12:19 AM.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio3 View Post
    do you have preware installed?

if so i think you have to do some sort of "emergency migration" or something like that... i forget and to lazy to look up.. and it should fix it
    yeah please read the thread before posting something that has nothing to do with the problem. But thaks.
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    yeah please read the thread before posting something that has nothing to do with the problem. But thaks.
    I wonder how much of a jerk you'll feel like when you realize his solution is correct. You need to use the Emergency Migration Helper.
    I have somewhat of a different problem with Preware and updating. I says I have 3 updates:

Where
    Seismograph
    Pong

BUT when I tap on them to update it launches and only shows "Tap to Launch", I even removed and re-installed.

EX: Where is version 1.1.0 new install.....Preware shows update for Where 1.1.4 but there is no 1.1.4 version.

confused??????
    I have the same problem. It gets hung on installing. And I have ran the dr already.

tried the migration tool even after a dr to 1.2 and a full erase then back up to 1.3.5

there is an issue and the migration tool is not fixing it. Please read the problems before slamming everyone. Thanks
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by tito13kfm View Post
    I wonder how much of a jerk you'll feel like when you realize his solution is correct. You need to use the Emergency Migration Helper.
    yeah and you know that's the problem I have because? That's what I tought.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by DJeremyC View Post
    I have somewhat of a different problem with Preware and updating. I says I have 3 updates:

Where
    Seismograph
    Pong

BUT when I tap on them to update it launches and only shows "Tap to Launch", I even removed and re-installed.

EX: Where is version 1.1.0 new install.....Preware shows update for Where 1.1.4 but there is no 1.1.4 version.

confused??????
    yup that's my problem also. But some people just come in here not reading what the problem is and start saying crap that has nothing to do with it and then get mad when people tell them that's not what my problem is.
    palm fix ur damn app catalog a lot of my apps are not updating it says install failed I'm so ****ed
    Works fine for me. 106 apps and all updating just fine. I would take a look at what patches your are running because they are usually the problem.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    yup that's my problem also. But some people just come in here not reading what the problem is and start saying crap that has nothing to do with it and then get mad when people tell them that's not what my problem is.
    Unless he is 3 years old I'm sure he read your 1 sentence description of the problem. Was he supposed to read your mind? He was just trying to help. BTW, nobody is getting mad here except you.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Here is how you described your problem in your original post:
    Which is quite different than how DJeremyC describes his problem, which you now say is the same as your problem.

Where
    Seismograph
    Pong

confused??????
    DJeremyC is much more succinct in his description of the problem and will probably receive more helpful information. Perhaps, before slamming people for trying to assist you by stating that they don't understand what your problem is, you should accurately describe your problem. Or, wait for someone like DJeremyC to post and just say: "yup, that's my problem too."

Where
    Seismograph
    Pong

confused??????

same problem here, My pre is pretty clean AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $no$ $patches$, $and$ $i$ $ran$ $the$ $migration$ $helper$ $way$ $back$ $when$, $even$ $though$ $I$ $hadn$'$t$ $had$ $any$ $upgrade$ $issues$ $in$ $the$ $first$ $place$

anyway the version issue, with pong is the same thing that happened to me

I uninstalled pong, rebooted (for the fun of it i guess) and then re-installed pong. still with the old version, and preware telling me a new version is available.

I haven't done all the trouble shooting i usually do for myself if i run into a problem.

also as shadavis08 points out (and i have not looked into), there is some issue with the app catalog going on, and perhaps all that is happening is the rss feed is saying a new version is available, but it hasn't yet hit the catalog, so you aren't able to update to a new version yet.

it may just resolve itself with time.
    There are four lights.
    OK so i haven't been a good forum member, i totally should have searched this up a bit

shadavis has a very simple solution (which i could swear i had tried already, but i guess maybe not, or there is a little more going on)

sha said "hey everyone if you open app catalog and on the bottom right is a little bag click on it and all your apps become listed and a button will pop up telling you if you have any apps to update. it very easy to do and no waiting for the other update button . hope this helps !! p.s. if no button pops up there are no updates for any of your apps yet lol
    __________________"

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2186006
    Last edited by windzilla; 01/30/2010 at 10:23 AM.
    There are four lights.
  20. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tito13kfm View Post
    Mine's a clean install of 1.3.5.1 so I don't see how EMH will do anything for me.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast