Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Just saw the Slacker Radio app show up in the Palm Beta feed. Cannot install it yet, but should be soon now. Yay!
    Was just coming to post the same thing.
    Slacker Radio is showing up in Preware but says 'This is not a valid webOS application' when I click Install.

Do Beta feeds appear in Preware and behave that way or is something out of sync here?
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    It just isn't ready yet... there is a delay between it showing up in the Palm Beta Feed (which is why Preware sees it) and Palm actually having it ready and available.
    Global Posts
    544 Global Posts
    same thing happens with the Directv app.

can't wait to get these great apps! Hope a lala app comes out soon.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    sweet Pandora is great, but slacker is way better!!!
    Whats so different about slacker Radio?
  8. CoobeyMeyer
    Slacker has a much larger music selection plus you can create comedy stations which you cannot do on Pandora. I'm excited!
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    It'll probably come out on February 1st. It'll be the most downloaded app from February 1st until May 31st. They'll get $100,000 or a pretty much guaranteed $10,000. And those developers who chose to submit their apps early to get WebOS off the ground will get a pat on the back and a thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by DocLee View Post
    It'll probably come out on February 1st. It'll be the most downloaded app from February 1st until May 31st. They'll get $100,000 or a pretty much guaranteed $10,000. And those developers who chose to submit their apps early to get WebOS off the ground will get a pat on the back and a thank you.
    Do developers get a reward for having the most downloaded app or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by WillJitsu View Post
    Do developers get a reward for having the most downloaded app or something?
    Yes. It's called the Hot Apps Program.

The Palm Hot Apps Program will reward developers of the hottest webOS applications with a total of $1 million. The top rewards of $100,000 will go to developers as follows:
    The developer of the free webOS application that’s downloaded the most between February 1, 2010, and May 31, 2010 will receive a $100,000.
    The developer of the paid-for webOS app that generates the most revenue during the same period will also receive $100,000.
    Developers of other top free and paid apps will also receive cash awards, as follows:
    The next 20 apps in each category: $10,000 each
    The next 200 apps in each category: $1,000 each
    Quote Originally Posted by spongamabob View Post
    Yes. It's called the Hot Apps Program.

The Palm Hot Apps Program will reward developers of the hottest webOS applications with a total of $1 million. The top rewards of $100,000 will go to developers as follows:
    The developer of the free webOS application thats downloaded the most between February 1, 2010, and May 31, 2010 will receive a $100,000.
    The developer of the paid-for webOS app that generates the most revenue during the same period will also receive $100,000.
    Developers of other top free and paid apps will also receive cash awards, as follows:
    The next 20 apps in each category: $10,000 each
    The next 200 apps in each category: $1,000 each
    Oh ok. Thanks for the info!
    Quote Originally Posted by wmurch3 View Post
    same thing happens with the Directv app.

can't wait to get these great apps! Hope a lala app comes out soon.
    What's the name of the DirecTV app? I don't see it.
    We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
    Global Posts
    544 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Godstyle View Post
    What's the name of the DirecTV app? I don't see it.
    it's just called directv. It was in preware app list yesterday. Sgould still be there
    the apps won't be available for download until you have webos 1.4 on your device.
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikevember View Post
    the apps won't be available for download until you have webos 1.4 on your device.
    Where did you get this from?
    Quote Originally Posted by gabe2gg View Post
    Where did you get this from?
    slacker radio requires flash to operate as i am told so it will require at the least flash on your phone !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Why would they put something on the beta feeds that hardly anyone (if anyone) can even beta yet?
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    slacker radio requires flash to operate as i am told so it will require at the least flash on your phone !
    plus they already have apps for iphone and blackberry.
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    I haven't read anything that says Slacker will require flash. Additionally, Dieter got to see Slacker in action back on 1/7.

I think people are confusing the website with the webos app. Similarly, the Pandora web player uses flash... but we still have a Pandora app.

Anyway, no factual stuff one way or the other that I've seen... but I'd wager that it has nothing to do with flash.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast