Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by spongamabob View Post
    Also. One more thing. It needs a dashboard. I have to flip through cards to pause or skip or see what song is playing. And you have to unlock the phone if its locked. Hopefully that's what is in the update.
    I was going to say the same thing. It's very disappointing that it doesn't utilize the notification tray.
    Finally! This is the best streaming music app.

I can't wait for caching to go live on WebOS.

And for those not using PreWare...

http://developer.palm.com/webChannel/index.php?packageid=com.slacker.webosplayer
    Last edited by sublimatezero; 01/31/2010 at 09:27 PM.
    The dashboard, I can take or leave, however, as one of the great things about the Pre, I'd rather take it.

But no custom stations? Boooo! Hopefully, they'll have it in the final release, but man. I'm glad it's here. Sounds great on the Pre, awesome quality.
    My custom stations are all showing up. Or are you talking about being able to create them?

Not creating them doesn't bother me since I couldn't do that on my standalone slacker player.

Hope the final version adds the ability to change the audio quality streams.
    Quote Originally Posted by tlynch View Post
    My custom stations are all showing up. Or are you talking about being able to create them?

Not creating them doesn't bother me since I couldn't do that on my standalone slacker player.

Hope the final version adds the ability to change the audio quality streams.
    Not able to create them like you can on Pandora.
    I found Slacker in Preware and it's working.
    Is anyone using it?
    Yep. It's great.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Ummm, maybe I'm not doing something correctly, but I don't see Slacker in either the App catalog or in Preware. The link from this thread also directs me to an invalid page.

Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Try the AppScoop app.
    is official is on the app store now with a new update
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Skunkworks View Post
    Ummm, maybe I'm not doing something correctly, but I don't see Slacker in either the App catalog or in Preware. The link from this thread also directs me to an invalid page.

Any ideas?
    make sure you've got Preware configured to show the beta app feeds. That's where Slacker is right now.

Sound quality is great, but add me to the list of hoping for more features. I'm sure they'll come, though... Slacker just wanted this out the door so they have a shot at the $100,000 prize for Feb.
    Any ideas or experience on how the buffering works for this? Pandora is way better than any of the streaming MP3 "stations". It seems to buffer a whole song (never cuts in the middle of a tune), where the streaming apps just buffer a few seconds and often drop out if I lose the signal (like in the car).
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    does this app not work when connected to wifi only? i've turned off my evdo connection and am only on wifi and i get a never ending loading circle..
    Quote Originally Posted by d.moss View Post
    does this app not work when connected to wifi only? i've turned off my evdo connection and am only on wifi and i get a never ending loading circle..
    Seems to work OK over WiFi for me. Do you have the latest version that just hit the official App Store?
    Everytime I open the app, it makes me enter my email and password. Has anybody been able to get the app to save this info line pandora so that it does not have to be enetered everytime? Big pain when you are in the car and cannot open the app with one touch.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisV79 View Post
    Everytime I open the app, it makes me enter my email and password. Has anybody been able to get the app to save this info line pandora so that it does not have to be enetered everytime? Big pain when you are in the car and cannot open the app with one touch.
    I have only had to enter it once. It saved it the first time for me.
    how can I add new radio station from the app? I am looking for some Indian music... anyone have any idea?
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hirenpathak View Post
    how can I add new radio station from the app? I am looking for some Indian music... anyone have any idea?
    Use RadioTime. Search -> India.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hirenpathak View Post
    As of now, you can't create new stations using the app. You have to go through a pc and then the custom station will appear in the app.
    It's in the official catalog now. I just got it. Nice options, though the playback seems to be a little fast. I have no evidence, but songs appear to be faster tempo, slightly higher pitch, etc.

Any one else notice that?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast