Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Well I'm new when it comes to programming for the Palm Platform. I've owned quite a few palm phones and pda's in the past. I have 6+ years programming other languages including 2 years programming blackberries.

I just wanted to introduce myself, and see what you guys are looking for in an application. No idea is too out there or anything like that. If you would like to see it on the device just let me know and I will see what I can do.

Thanks
    Welcome. Ive wanted for the longest time to make my own app with a simple concept. A sleeper. Basically an app that u set a timer and when the timer is up is closes all apps (cards) on the screen.

Lil example would be like.. streaming pandora or datpiff mobile and falling asleep. Set the timer and my battery wouldnt be dead when i wake up =]
    Or a way to lock pics in the photo app (although I doubt the current sdk allows access to this area).
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    I really want an app for gopingme.com. Sometimes I need to look at all my pings but its a pain to go to the web site to do so. I use this all the time & an app would make my life sweet!
    I would love a DVR app so I can record my directv shows from my pre. Directv does have a mobile website but it looks like crap (but does work).

I would also love it if someone could port the game scorched earth (rank shooting game) and another game called Line Rider.
    There is actually an app perfect for you.
    The App Idea Box app. Pre users submit ideas for developers to see. And other users can rate and comment on the ideas and tell how much they would be willing to pay for that app.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmglakewood View Post
    I just wanted to introduce myself, and see what you guys are looking for in an application. No idea is too out there or anything like that. If you would like to see it on the device just let me know and I will see what I can do.
    I want to see a full blown file manager similar to Resco Explorer Pro. Zip capabilities, encryption and also an over the air FTP function would be great.
    Quote Originally Posted by spongamabob View Post
    There is actually an app perfect for you.
    The App Idea Box app. Pre users submit ideas for developers to see. And other users can rate and comment on the ideas and tell how much they would be willing to pay for that app.
    +1 Great way for developers to checkout what other Pre\Pixi users are looking for.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I remember dmg from on Crackberry. He put together some really nice apps for the BB Storm, so if he's coming here to do some app work, we're in for a treat in my opinion.

Did you convert to a Palm, dmg? I know I did, haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post

The early iphone era used free web based apps. They are usable on the Pre and available on the web. I have used several but there are so many...All you need to do is to create an app that can point and catalogue them. Input thanks if you found this useful..
    I was actually looking at them today. I see that some of them have been made into some apps that can be found in the catalog.
    I need binoculars.....can u make the camera zoom far away and make things really close?
    I had a program PCPilot for my 650 that allowed it to operate as a remote control for a number of PC programs such as Powerpoint using Bluetooth. That's a facility I would really like on the Pre.

Software for PDAs
    tivo
    Here's some things I'd love to see developed for webOS:

Bluetooth computer remote (control presentations from your Pre using a Bluetooth connection)

Evernote App where your data is stored on the device (for access when no signal, wifi)

File Explorer

Native Sugarsync app - can't download files on Pre from mobile site.
    Dave
    "Life moves fast. Don't miss a thing" > "Works like nothing else"

Palm IIIxe -> Tungsten T3 -> Lifedrive -> TX -> Verizon Centro -> Verizon Pre+ and TouchPad
  15. pfd
    I'd like to see a patch to remove the launcher icon from the quick launch bar.

And I agree that a TiVo app is desperately needed!
    I would please like an app or patch(most likely a patch) that will be able to remove the stupid launcher icon in the quick launcher, and replace it with what ever else i find useful. just simply due to the fact that i can do the same thing as that stupid icon with just a swipe up. I don't understand why they would lock that one down but let you move every thing else and even the phone icon..... makes no sense if anything i would picture the phone icon being locked down and not that stupid arrow icon,Thanks and look forward to it soon.
    +1 for letting me replace that launcher icon in the wave.
    How about a Sirius\XM Satellite Radio App. I am sure people would pay for it, including me.
    Quote Originally Posted by dfine1966 View Post
    How about a Sirius\XM Satellite Radio App. I am sure people would pay for it, including me.
    I would definitely pay just as much as I would for a 3D game for this. It is MUCH needed! I emailed Sirius about it and all they came back with was that Iphone and Iphone touch have an app... B A S T A R D S!
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    I had a program PCPilot for my 650 that allowed it to operate as a remote control for a number of PC programs such as Powerpoint using Bluetooth. That's a facility I would really like on the Pre.

Software for PDAs
    Quote Originally Posted by daveandcori View Post
    Here's some things I'd love to see developed for webOS:

Bluetooth computer remote (control presentations from your Pre using a Bluetooth connection)

Evernote App where your data is stored on the device (for access when no signal, wifi)

File Explorer

Native Sugarsync app - can't download files on Pre from mobile site.
    Per your request:
    PowerPointŪ Controller for webOS
    APP & Patch Makers Get on the:webOS Developers Map
    My Apps: Presentation Controller (for PowerPoint and Open Office Impress), PC Display Master ,Handheld X-Ray H.E. (Halloween Edition), Text Morpher ⓦⓘⓣⓗ ⓑⓤⓑⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓔⓧⓣ plus Ŧεẍṫ ℉яεαḱεя
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast