Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 38 of 38
  1. jeffmcc's Avatar
    Posts
    619 Posts
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by spongamabob View Post
    There is actually an app perfect for you.
    The App Idea Box app. Pre users submit ideas for developers to see. And other users can rate and comment on the ideas and tell how much they would be willing to pay for that app.
    the app idea box has died. all the ideas have been removed and u can no longer download it...

    NOT "HP webOS"!!!
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffmcc View Post
    the app idea box has died. all the ideas have been removed and u can no longer download it...
    This is my first time hearing about "app idea box". Why was it canceled? Sounds like a great idea...
  3. #23  
    I want an app that picks winning lottery numbers.

    No, a good file manager, similar to windows explorer, would be nice app.

    ET
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post
    No, a good file manager, similar to windows explorer, would be nice app.

    ET
    Have you tried Internalz? It's a great app.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
  5. #25  
    What about a Clock Icon app?

    You know how weather icon changes the icon accordingly with the temp and how the calendar icon changes accordingly with the date, how about a clock app that does that and changes every minute.

    I squint more and more i look at the time on the top bar. And some of the clock apps are gaudy and ugly. This would be something nice and simple and slightly larger then the top bar and i can keep in the launcher.
  6. #26  
    I would love to see a getglue.com app. Or an app that turns the pre into a PS3 bluetooth remote control for watching blu rays!!
  7. jeffmcc's Avatar
    Posts
    619 Posts
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    This is my first time hearing about "app idea box". Why was it canceled? Sounds like a great idea...


    I was a good idea. I was one of the main users. I had been there since it started. But the problem was that not enough devs would look to the box for ideas. I think the main reason why is all the jerks that were there. Constant foul language(i tried hard to stop this and I think that I got some headway in that area). And other problems.

    me and a few other faithfuls were there till the last. I dnt know why the dev finally closed it.

    NOT "HP webOS"!!!
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffmcc View Post
    I was a good idea. I was one of the main users. I had been there since it started. But the problem was that not enough devs would look to the box for ideas. I think the main reason why is all the jerks that were there. Constant foul language(i tried hard to stop this and I think that I got some headway in that area). And other problems.

    me and a few other faithfuls were there till the last. I dnt know why the dev finally closed it.
    I would imagine an "app idea box" would attract more friendly people or people who wanted to make some money lol. It's odd that it attracted the kind of people you mentioned...
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
  9. jckatz's Avatar
    Posts
    139 Posts
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by mc_gusto View Post
    What about a Clock Icon app?

    You know how weather icon changes the icon accordingly with the temp and how the calendar icon changes accordingly with the date, how about a clock app that does that and changes every minute.

    I squint more and more i look at the time on the top bar. And some of the clock apps are gaudy and ugly. This would be something nice and simple and slightly larger then the top bar and i can keep in the launcher.
    The problem with the clock icon idea is the way Weather Icon works is each temp and weather is a separate PNG icon so a digital clock would require 720 unique icons and would require a system update 1440 a day. I can't image that being good for battery life.

    But I agree that would be nice.
  10. #30  
    Yeah the png thing I thought of, but weathericon potentially can have a lot more then that.
    But every minute system update is interesting. Weathericon has a 1minute interval option, I should play around with that to see how if affects batt life, even tho a clock app wouldn't pull any info from the internet. But yeah I'm glad I'm not the only one who would find this useful.
  11. jckatz's Avatar
    Posts
    139 Posts
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    #31  
    Mc_Gusto when weathericon was first published it was 260 Megs and took forever to download. Later the author put the icons on "the Cloud" to quote Microsoft ads.

    I am not sure that updating it ever minute will have the effect you want, since I don't think it updates the icon unless the data changes.

    Maybe you can ask the author if he tested for battery usage during icon delete/copy that must be occuring.
    Last edited by jckatz; 11/19/2010 at 01:55 PM.
  12. #32  
    A fruit ninja-like app
    PSN:KlutchScope
    Xbox Gamertag:KlutchScope
    Follow me on Twitter
    AT&T|Palm Pre Plus

    "Fact, bears, beets, BattleStar Galactica."- From "The Office", Jim impersonating Dwight
  13. #33  
    I have magic jack for my home phone service, it allows me to make call through the internet rather than a typical phone line. I would really like to have an app that allows my pre to do the same thing through a wifi connection even in the absence of an active carrier account, like if I am broke and my service gets interupted and I can't pay for a week or two, I could still make and receive call any where there is wifi.
  14. #34  
    I was wondering if you could create a patch that when you flip your Pre and start typing something you could search what you typed on YOUTUBE, NOT ONLY THE wEB TWITTER WIKIPEDIA AND GOOGLE MAPS.
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by mufuroo View Post
    I was wondering if you could create a patch that when you flip your Pre and start typing something you could search what you typed on YOUTUBE, NOT ONLY THE wEB TWITTER WIKIPEDIA AND GOOGLE MAPS.
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...al-search.html
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by dmglakewood View Post
    Well I'm new when it comes to programming for the Palm Platform. I've owned quite a few palm phones and pda's in the past. I have 6+ years programming other languages including 2 years programming blackberries.

    I just wanted to introduce myself, and see what you guys are looking for in an application. No idea is too out there or anything like that. If you would like to see it on the device just let me know and I will see what I can do.

    Thanks
    I think the #1 app that needs developing is "VOICE COMMANDS!" Especially phone dialing by contact name and by just saying the phone number.

    With text to speach for text messages/email as number #2.

    If I had a clue how to write software this is what I would develop.

    Dave
  17. #37  
    Well I have recently stopped using my ipod touch and started using my phone for almost everything. I look at my phone and then my ipod and realize that there is only 1 thing that my phone doesn't beat my ipod at, streaming Netflix. I can play all my music and videos with ampache and listen to more music with grooveshark, got a bunch of games that run faster than on the ipod but the only reason I can think of for keeping my ipod around would be the netflix app, that allows movies to stream to my ipod. I read somewhere that porting an ipod app to the pre wasn't difficult and I'm thinking that netflix would be ok with some 3rd party support to make the app as it supports some 3rd party apps on their website so Netflix app for streaming movies would be great.
  18. #38  
    Getglue app PLEASE!!!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions