1.    #1  
    ohai forum.

I've been looking around in the App Catalog, and noticed the 2 big racing games: Asphalt 5 and Need for Speed. I've been pondering which one to get. In your opinion, which one is better? Which one has better cars, better tracks, better gfx? Which one can you play longer?
    My initial guess would be Need for Speed. It's been around for a while, and I've played a number of the games.

I've tried the Asphalt 5 demo (props to Gameloft for making a demo!), but haven't been able to play it long enough to get much of an opinion on it.

Thanks!
    Sam
    ------
    ~Sam

Crappy generic phone > Another crappy generic phone > Treo 700w > Palm Pre
    I'm curious too. I haven't liked need for speed games in years cause they never make it feel like you are going as fast as you are. The demo for Asphalt seems better about that, plus you can crash making it a little burnout-ish. My wife has NFS and loves it, but when I played I felt like the car was too close to the camera. I haven't checked the settings to see if you can chnage that or not. But i Asphalt you can and it doesn't feel too bad.

I am going to try my wife's NFS tonight. Hopefully some other opinions make it on here, regardless I'll toss up my thoughts.
    I have both and it don't matter witch one you get you will be happy. I like asphalt more because it's more for a quick race wail waiting at the DMV or something. NFS has better grafics and is more storie based and I beat that thing in like 2-3 days, "not including the bonuse drift challenges"

hope I helped.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    i personally prefer asphalt.. nfs has the better graphics.. but the gameplay is much more fun in asphalt.. you actually get to hurt the cops as oppose to nfs where the cops are invincible
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    I have Asphalt5.
    It's fun as mess and it costs less. I haven't played NFS but Asphalt is pretty solid.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    I like the collisions in Asphalt..even those it'll make you lose it's funny..esp head on..NFS is better in many ways but it more controlled. No shortcuts and side roads like Asphalt.
    The accelerometer is a lot better in NFS. I found that using it to steer in Asphalt 5 was a little too sensitive. You can change that but I haven't tried yet. I do like that Asphalt has hills and shortcuts and such. NFS is all flat with turns. Both have great graphics though.
  8.    #8  
    Thanks for your input guys! Sounds like Asphalt is a little bit more fun. I'mma go ahead and get that, and if I get too bored with it I guess I'll just have to get NFS too haha.

Thanks again!
    ------
    ~Sam

I prefer the controls on NFS. After playing that, the steering on Asphalt felt really imprecise.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by tennenho View Post
    I prefer the controls on NFS. After playing that, the steering on Asphalt felt really imprecise.
    Have you tried playing with the settings in Asphalt? There are 2 or 3 different control options, you may find one you like better.
    ------
    ~Sam

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    As others have said, I like Asphalt better since it is more of an arcade game and great to just pick up and race. NFS is more involved, and doesn't have just a race option. The graphics in NFS are better, but replayability of Asphalt make it my favorite game.
    Palm for life
    IIIx...TE...TX...Pre