1.    #1  
    Hi all,

Has anyone been able to find this app in the catalog? I went looking for it today after seeing it here:

Cardsender US, HouseOfPalm, Palm Applications and Games

My family is going on vacation in 3 weeks and I thought this would be fun to send post cards from our cruise to family and friends.

Any feedback on people that have used it?

Thanks,

Rob
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    I'm also looking for it. I found it on Preware in the Palm Web Apps feed. However, I when I tried to install it I got an error message telling me that it's not a WebOS program?

When you click on Install at House of Palm one is told that the app is currently not available. I guess it'll be added in a few days or so.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks! Glad to hear it wasn't only me having the issue.

I've got some time before I really need it. The family and I are heading on a cruise next month and I thought it would be fun to take pictures on the ship before we leave port and get a bunch of cards sent while we are gone.

Rob
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Hi there,

Great to hear that you guys are interested in Cardsender. I am one of the people who helped make this service come alive on webOS.

Unfortunately there was a hickup in the publication process of this app. I just tried to install the app now and it worked fine. I used this link on my phone: Cardsender US Let me know if you are still having problems.

Of course, I cannot give you any unbiased review of the app but here is how it works: You take a photo and enter text and address. It will take a short while to upload the picture and data to our server where a print-ready file is generated. You'll pay $1.89 (and $2.49 for overseas destinations) via Paypal Mobile which is just a smartphone friendly version of Paypal.com. Be assured, it's as secure as the Paypal website you see on your computer. Once the card is paid, it will be queued up to the printer (based on the US East Coast). They print all new cards daily at approximately 8am, stick a stamp on them and hand them to the postman.

As you can see, a lot of people are involved in producing your postcard. We do however have lots of experience in this because our iPhone app has been in the European App Stores for almost a year now and we have sent thousands of cards so far.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    I can confirm that the install via Preware works now. I already uploaded a test card. Great idea and app!

I have one question though: How can I get the German version Kartensender DE here in the US? I have family and friends in Germany and would like to use the German service for speeding up delivery (I understand that with the German service the cards will be send from Cologne rather than US East coast).

Thanks.
    nvm......
  7.    #7  
    Thank you for getting us a link to download the app. I just got it and started to play with it a little.

I was wondering about the voucher for prepaying for cards. Is that going to be an option for us here in the States? If you can give us some direction on how to make that possible, it will save me some time next month when on vacation.

Thanks,

Rob
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Thanks for the feedback guys!

@STBXXL: This is a question people have asked us multiple times. Theoretically there is no problem publishing the "Kartensender DE" version for US customers. We do, however, have one big worry: Many users do not read the app description. They will download "Kartensender DE" and will then be surprised that their card takes forever to arrive. Next, they will give us bad reviews and we have no way to defend ourselves. What are your ideas on avoiding this situation? We would love to give you the option to send your cards from Germany but right now we don't know how to make all users understand the difference between the apps.

@newone757: nvw? what does that mean?

@crewcabrob: The possibility to buy credit upfront will be offered on the website kartensender.de soon. I am not in charge of this website, otherwise you would already be able to do so. From what I understand a redesign of the website Kartensender.de will soon go live and this will include a page where you can buy credits.

Thanks again for your feedback. I really appreciate it because this is the first webos app I have been involved with. As a little thankyou I will sent all of you a voucher code for a few cards in a sec.
  9.    #9  
    Thank you so much for a great app! I can't wait to use it on vacation!

Rob
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonemo View Post
    Thanks for the feedback guys!

@STBXXL: This is a question people have asked us multiple times. Theoretically there is no problem publishing the "Kartensender DE" version for US customers. We do, however, have one big worry: Many users do not read the app description. They will download "Kartensender DE" and will then be surprised that their card takes forever to arrive. Next, they will give us bad reviews and we have no way to defend ourselves. What are your ideas on avoiding this situation? We would love to give you the option to send your cards from Germany but right now we don't know how to make all users understand the difference between the apps.
    I can see your problem. But how about keeping the description and program options/menus of "Cardsender US" in English only and the likewise the description and program options/menus of "Kartensender DE" in German only. This should make it clear to everybody what the differences between those two versions are.

Additionally you could add a little US and German flag, respectively, to the program icon.

Just my 2c.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Is this app gonna be available in Germany any time soon? I can see it in Preware but cannot install it ("itīs not available in my country"). I would love to have this app on my Pre.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hartmund View Post
    Is this app gonna be available in Germany any time soon? I can see it in Preware but cannot install it ("itīs not available in my country"). I would love to have this app on my Pre.
    Hi Hartmund, there is a German equivalent of this app called Kartensender. You can get it here: Kartensender DE The main difference is, that the cards get printed in Cologne instead of the US. Kartensender has been out for a few weeks already.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by STBXXL View Post
    I can see your problem. But how about keeping the description and program options/menus of "Cardsender US" in English only and the likewise the description and program options/menus of "Kartensender DE" in German only. This should make it clear to everybody what the differences between those two versions are.

Additionally you could add a little US and German flag, respectively, to the program icon.

Just my 2c.
    Hi STBXXL. I love your idea. Unfortunately, Palm is throwing a spanner into this: If I want to publish an app for the US, I have to make it available in English and the device will only show you the English version.

How about this: We wait for Palm to finally get Kartensender and Cardsender into the App Market. Once this is done we can use the more obscure web distribution channel (where we have to give you the link) for the power users and will reconsider making Kartensender available in all countries?

By the way: Kartensender was submitted for the App Market in mid-December through the Early Access Program. Since then Palm is telling us about technical problems on their end. While we are waiting, the App Market gets flooded with many rather useless apps. If you like Kartensender please write Palm and ask them to get their act together and finally release Kartensender in the App Market! You can find a free online chat with Palm reps and the Palm Help Forums here: Palm Support : Palm Pre Sprint - Support Services

edit: German users can call Palm Support at 069 29993 161 or use this site: http://kb.palm.com/wps/portal/kb/eme...s/page_de.html
  14.    #14  
    Dang! I'm 11 days away from using this for the first time (for real at least) and there have already been 2 updates to the program since I loaded it.

Very cool!
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    can you choose a recipient from your contacts?
    I have used it twice and both times got card in 4 days,,pretty cool app.I have had it for 3 weeks now.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Hi,

Thanks for the positive feedback. Please don't forget to leave a good review in the App catalog! We had two 1-star reviews for shady reasons and need to make up for them!

@mlawrnce: Yes, with the latest update this is possible. Please don't forget to check whether the address you enter or pick from your address book is complete. Many people sending cards to the US for example, put incomplete addresses without state or ZIP and then complain that their card arrives late.
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    great app, my mom received her postcard and loved it.

sent her a picture of my new born!!!!

off to rate 5*'s right now...