1.    #1  
    I have taken the files of the Asphalt 5 Free Demo v1.07 (3 min playable) and put them up for download for whoever wants it outside the USA. You have to put it on your phone using WebOS Quick Install or Terminal , with very detailed step by step instructions.

*Updated link with updated instructions*
    MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
    (if you have a better upload server please inform me)

this is virus free and password free, it has already been tried and it works.

It will act just like the USA Asphalt 5 Free Demo we got to enjoy for free here. It isn't much but it lets you show off to your friends.

It will stop you from playing the demo after a few races, and I believe it only lets you play again later (or never, i'm not sure)

You can then un-install it from Device info>More Info (at the bottom)>Software tab at top, find the game and touch to delete it ... Then re-install again.

If anyone knows how to package this up for an automatic package using WebOS Quick install, it would be nice, if possible and allowed. It seems the instructions are fairly simple to use though.
    almost sure its not 100% legal... maybe not even 75% legal...
    I'm sure its quite illegal as well

But...

Being in Canada, we have had ZERO apps released that take advantage of the 3D stuff. This little demo will allow me to try it out, and inform my friends, who are in the market for a new phone, if its worth their while to wait or just go with another phone.
    Corey Quilliam
    Palm Pre - Bell Mobility

Pre Drop Count: 1
    Current Damage: None

Accessories:
    - BSE Front Skin (meh, could be better)
  4.    #4  
    oh well i didn't think it was illegal because demos don't cost money to the end user, and really it isn't causing damages to the company providing them, but rather advertising more for them. It's not up to me to judge how I'm affecting the company though. If they need me remove it, I will without problems.
    Yeah, but in the same sense, one could essentially buy an application, and backtrack through your instructions to distribute any app they wanted, no?
    NY Giants fan?

Check out my Facebook Group! - Big Blue (NY Giants) which just passed 11,000 members
    and newly formed Fan Page
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by knickrox13 View Post
    Yeah, but in the same sense, one could essentially buy an application, and backtrack through your instructions to distribute any app they wanted, no?
    Well that's a choice they make themselves. Additionally I'm not onto something so new over here; a huge revelation of some sort, I used info from PreCentral to figure all that out.

They can also go look up ways to download programs and movies online, but again that's their choice and their fault, not the internet for providing the way. Also if it's not obvious that app piracy is going on for the Pre yet, I'm fairly certain it will happen. What is the biggest reason people Jailbreak their iPhones?
    I think Abel has provided a great service here. It is a free app anyway and he is helping the rest of us that wouldn't be able to see it realise this. I tried the instructions earlier and worked perfectly on my UK O2 phone. Stop with the problems and appreciate what this guy has done for us lot that couldn't see this any other way.
    Quote Originally Posted by stueybuk View Post
    I think Abel has provided a great service here. It is a free app anyway and he is helping the rest of us that wouldn't be able to see it realise this. I tried the instructions earlier and worked perfectly on my UK O2 phone. Stop with the problems and appreciate what this guy has done for us lot that couldn't see this any other way.
    I did appreciate it, and stated that in my post. I think its stupid that we can't even get these "demos" outside of the US. But, there are licenses involved even with free demos.
    Corey Quilliam
    Palm Pre - Bell Mobility

Pre Drop Count: 1
    Current Damage: None

Accessories:
    - BSE Front Skin (meh, could be better)