1.    #1  
    I can't recall any of the NUMEROUS PalmOS apps I tried/used over the years that didn't have a 7- to 30-day trial period, especially the more advanced and costlier apps. I am suggesting that Palm and all developers to provide at least a 5- to 7-day trial period for all apps so we can at least put them through the paces before shelling out $$$ just to see if we like an app and if it performs well. I have seen that a few devs are offering demo versions, but frankly I think having two versions (demo/full) of apps just clutters up the App Catalog at best, and can be confusing in some cases at worst.

At the moment there are at least a half dozen solid-looking and more cost apps ($5-$25) that I am interested in but I just can't see forking out the dough when the app may be a bust or not useful to me.

Just a thought...anybody with me?
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    Completely agree.
    I think ima buy my first app today, 3D game or somethin.
    Would be cool to test out first with a demo.

Jus seen the racing game put out a demo, need more like it.
    As a developer, one thing I do is provide a demo video on my website that showcases the features/UI of my app. This way, you know what you're buying before you buy it. If you have a minute, check out my website: Codinary - PictureIt, Image Search on the Palm Pre and Pixi. We try to present an actual demo (using the emulator), to show off our App. This has been effective for us so far.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    I think developers either choose to charge a small amount to everyone or to charge a large amount to people who like the app. I mean, why charge $3.99 to someone who really likes your app enough to pay for it? If someone really likes it, they will pay more.
    But if "everyone" isn't willing to pay w/o a trial, what good does that do the dev or the user?

Quote Originally Posted by snoopgoat View Post
    As a developer, one thing I do is provide a demo video on my website that showcases the features/UI of my app. This way, you know what you're buying before you buy it. If you have a minute, check out my website: Codinary - PictureIt, Image Search on the Palm Pre and Pixi. We try to present an actual demo (using the emulator), to show off our App. This has been effective for us so far.
    Good idea and I commend you for this, snoopgoat. However, while I would go to a dev's website for certain power apps I'm interested in exploring, smaller apps like some games or utilities or "fun" apps, I tend no to want to waste the time to go to a separate site for every app that catches my eye--that would double or triple or extend my perusal time significantly more. I would much rather have one tap to download it and know that I had a few days to put the app through the paces at my convenience, KWIM? It seems like this is potentially a win-win for for all, no?

ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000