Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Yup...more games!
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Great

still, im still patiently waiting for might & magic 8 and Heroes of might and magic 3...

I hope gameloft read here!
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    This game will be terrible on the Palm Pre's tiny screen, shame on Gameloft for rereleasing these titles on a cramped screen phone just for extra profit. You guys don't know any better anyway, assuming you haven't played Assassins Creed or Modern Combat on a iPod/iPhone.
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rashad1 View Post
    This game will be terrible on the Palm Pre's tiny screen, shame on Gameloft for rereleasing these titles on a cramped screen phone just for extra profit.
    are you serious or what?
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    This game will be terrible on the Palm Pre's tiny screen, shame on Gameloft for rereleasing these titles on a cramped screen phone just for extra profit.
    Just curious, do you do anything but complain? The screen on the iphone is 3.5... the screen on the pre is 3.1... that .4 isn't going to ruin anything...

Here is comparison on the sizes... http://www.precentral.net/palm-pre-s...ize-comparison

I think you just love to complain about everything pre... I haven't seen anything else that says different.
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gabe2gg View Post
    are you serious or what?
    Yes, I am serious. They game player user experience is worse on the smaller screen. The onscreen controls will take up at least 1/3 of the screen.
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruhi View Post
    Just curious, do you do anything but complain? The screen on the iphone is 3.5... the screen on the pre is 3.1... that .4 isn't going to ruin anything...

Here is comparison on the sizes... http://www.precentral.net/palm-pre-s...ize-comparison

I think you just love to complain about everything pre... I haven't seen anything else that says different.
    Thats nearly half an inch, of course it will make a difference. It's cramped enough on the 3.5" screen.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    I just looked at the screen shots... It doesn't look like it would be any kind of a problem for me. Do you have extremely fat fingers by chance?
    This game will be terrible on the Palm Pre's tiny screen, shame on Gameloft for rereleasing these titles on a cramped screen phone just for extra profit. You guys don't know any better anyway, assuming you haven't played Assassins Creed or Modern Combat on a iPod/iPhone.
    Unbelievable... software companies can't win with some people Either they aren't releasing games quickly enough, or enough of them... or they get criticized for releasing the wrong games "just for profit". Um.. guess what... that's what companies need to survive. Instead of whining at them and saying "shame on them"... how about saying a big "Thank You" for jumping in and starting to port games over to WebOS! Gameloft has been moving faster than any other company at getting us 3D games - how about showing some positive feedback and give them even more reason to work with WebOS? /rant
    Thats nearly half an inch, of course it will make a difference. It's cramped enough on the 3.5" screen.
    should I assume you played it on a pre already?

or should I just read all your posts here and figure out that you are just here to bash everything Pre and praise apple?

should I even think about which might be true?

follow your logic, why even bother play any game on iPhone, android, pre, PSP, DSi. or whatever small screen?

may I suggest you stop making statement based on absolutely zero handson experience?
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Unbelievable... software companies can't win with some people Either they aren't releasing games quickly enough, or enough of them... or they get criticized for releasing the wrong games "just for profit". Um.. guess what... that's what companies need to survive. Instead of whining at them and saying "shame on them"... how about saying a big "Thank You" for jumping in and starting to port games over to WebOS! Gameloft has been moving faster than any other company at getting us 3D games - how about showing some positive feedback and give them even more reason to work with WebOS? /rant
    Some games do work out on the Palm Pre, mainly the racing. Just imagine playing GTA on the Palm Pre. Those controls are harder to use than the joystick. On the Pre you would be pressing left and right at the same time.

My fingers aren't fat at all, they are kinda thin but long since I'm 6'2"
    Last edited by rashad1; 01/27/2010 at 08:21 PM.
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    should I assume you played it on a pre already?

or should I just read all your posts here and figure out that you are just here to bash everything Pre and praise apple?

should I even think about which might be true?

follow your logic, why even bother play any game on iPhone, android, pre, PSP, DSi. or whatever small screen?

may I suggest you stop making statement based on absolutely zero handson experience?
    If you want to struggle playing this game and possibly not enjoy it, go right ahead. Like I said before, you wouldn't know any better in the first place.
    If you want to struggle playing this game and possibly not enjoy it, go right ahead. Like I said before, you wouldn't know any better in the first place.
    as you, A.K.A. iphone user, know better from ZERO hands-on experience with a Pre.

I'm fascinated about how you think you can just treat people here like idiots?

for a guy who use a phone that has no basic multitasking, i guess I should say "you wouldn't know any better" too?

seriously, what are you here for? just say "nonono" to everything about Pre and not-so-gentally suggest you have a superior iPhone 3GS?

thanks but no thanks, you aren't really approaching the problem the right way right now.
    Reminder: don't feed the trolls.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    What?!?!?!?!? you can't be serious ........... Let's just hope there aren't more of you out there!

your posting =
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruhi View Post

Now this is a posting! If you look at the comparison... you'll see the difference is minuscule at best... I would like to see the pre 2's screen upgraded to the 3.7" screen on the Droid, till then we're good!

Gameloft.... as I mentioned in my review on the free Asphalt 5 game.... I personally say thanks for the great... great games, please keep them coming.
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Reminder: don't feed the trolls.
    Heed this man's word... only gets worse from here on out
    ok so has anyone downloaded this game and played it yet? it looks great, but a review would be nice
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    It's simply my opinion, take it or leave it. Like I said before racing games are fine, they require little action with the touchscreen. Shooting games however require both tumbs on the screen at all times. How much of a field of vision does that leave you with, how will navigating through the maps feel? Like I said, purely my opinion.

Brothers at Arms might not be so bad since there only seems to be one action button. But more complex games such as Modern Combat might prove to be more difficult to play since there are more buttons/actions in use.
    Agreed... no more feeding the troll... let the thread die now instead of keeping it going. Of course, by me saying that I just kept the thread going... dagnabbit!
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast