Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    Is there a possibility that offtopic posts can be moved somewhere else? I was actually here to find out about the game and to see if I should buy it or not. I have Asphalt5 and Assassins Creed. I know I would have purchased this game instead of AC if it was out before. But now I don't know... If it is really better than AC then I will buy it. But if they come out with COD next week, I'm gonna hit my head against my desk once for each dollar I've spent...
    BIA is good, I've played it for a few hours and I finally got the hang of it... I of course didn't play the tutorial which might help a bit. I like it better than Assassin's Creed but I'm with you. COD or N.O.V.A. come out in the next week and my heart will sink and my wallet will lighten.
    this game really is awesome
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    Is there a possibility that offtopic posts can be moved somewhere else? I was actually here to find out about the game and to see if I should buy it or not. I have Asphalt5 and Assassins Creed. I know I would have purchased this game instead of AC if it was out before. But now I don't know... If it is really better than AC then I will buy it. But if they come out with COD next week, I'm gonna hit my head against my desk once for each dollar I've spent...
    AC is better...trust me, I had a while to play both.
    i heard the controls were terrible
    yeah
    does anyone else hate the 1 stick controls? I can't do anything unless I'm playing with the 2 stick controls.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Welcome to open source. Things can get bumpy. Please fasten your seat belts.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianagr View Post
    You can also swipe a counterclockwise semi-circle around the center button to go back. [Do a back gesture]
    I dislike the movement in this game, i like the joystick thing but the player doesnt move in the direction you press, he moves either forward, backwards (slowly), and left/right. I would be much happier if the player guy moved around in the direction i press, right now it feels like a crappy d-pad. however i do like the fact that there are a few different control options, and so far its fun minus the glitchy movement.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_lane View Post
    does anyone else hate the 1 stick controls? I can't do anything unless I'm playing with the 2 stick controls.
    I rather like the one stick control. I just hold the move stick forward and use my other finger to move camera. Works really well.
    I've been messing with the different controls, i kinda like the dual stick control scheme though looking around can take some getting used to as the view just kinda keeps sliding around when you dont have a physical joypad you can feel the tension of.
    I know it's not gameloft, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for GTA Chinatown Wars.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Asphalt 5 is bad ***, havent gotten BIA yet.
    I down loaded the game yesterday. All I can say is BAD *****!!! I actually never got to play it. I showed it to my 9 year old son after I down loaded it and I did not see my phone again until his bed time (some 6-8 hours later and yes I had to plug the cord in for him so the battery would last). By then I was to tired myself to play.
    He is a video game fanatic. I do trust his opinion on them (since I'm not much of a gamer), but he LOVED it. I watched him play for quite a while. The graphics are amazing, especially for them being on a phone. He too commented on the confusion of the controls, but after a little playing, he said he got very use to them. Also you can change the configuration if you don't like the default.
    This is my second game from Gameloft (the first being Let's Play Golf) and I am VERY impressed!!! Well worth every penny I have spent so far.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rashad1 View Post
    This game will be terrible on the Palm Pre's tiny screen, shame on Gameloft for rereleasing these titles on a cramped screen phone just for extra profit. You guys don't know any better anyway, assuming you haven't played Assassins Creed or Modern Combat on a iPod/iPhone.
    The awesome thing about the Palm App Catalog is that you have the option of... you know... NOT buying the game if you don't want to. Seems cool to me, no?
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    You know this was pretty entertaining; you know, come for the game reviews, stay for the flame war. Also, am I the only one that looks at Clevin's avatar and think righteous thundercat? That's pretty awesome. Oh! and I can't help but read Rash Ad 1 when I see rashad1's name. Just curious guys, what kind of rash does he have, and how would we review it?

PS: I'm guessing it's crabs
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    and I would rate it an A+ for itchiness.
    This game will be terrible on the Palm Pre's tiny screen, shame on Gameloft for rereleasing these titles on a cramped screen phone just for extra profit. You guys don't know any better anyway, assuming you haven't played Assassins Creed or Modern Combat on a iPod/iPhone.

P|C Seriously needs "Vote to Oblivion" buttons added to the forum capabilities (they are available) and that way we could keep all the "fruity trolls" off the forums (or just talking to themselves) and not have to worry about it.

Dietmeister, Derek, you guys listening?

(I seriously doubt P|C member are stalking TiPB trolling all threads.)
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post

P|C Seriously needs "Vote to Oblivion" buttons added to the forum capabilities (they are available) and that way we could keep all the "fruity trolls" off the forums (or just talking to themselves) and not have to worry about it.

Dietmeister, Derek, you guys listening?

(I seriously doubt P|C member are stalking TiPB trolling all threads.)
    Not this again...It's an opinion you don't agree with. Whoopty doo, get over it. Doesn't make me a troll or I would of already been banned.
    Not this again...It's an opinion you don't agree with. Whoopty doo, get over it. Doesn't make me a troll or I would of already been banned.
    If you aren't a troll....why are you still on this thread? effin step off already.
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

I've played the game for a couple days and like it alot. It's hard to believe the graphics and sound can be so good -- I forget quickly that I'm holding a phone in the "palm" of my hand. Highly recommended. Yes - the movement control can be a bit squirrely but I got used to it. I've played just the Normandy campaign so far.
    Has anyone gotten through the "Silenced Skies" mission yet??? If so, what is the secret to destroying the armor before the tanks get you?
    Rick
    Am I the only one who get's video stuttering/audio drops when playing this on an orig Sprint Pre?
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast