Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 101
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by influenze View Post
    ok so has anyone downloaded this game and played it yet? it looks great, but a review would be nice
    read my quote please, im on the fence about this one
  2. rashad1's Avatar
    Posts
    520 Posts
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Agreed... no more feeding the troll... let the thread die now instead of keeping it going. Of course, by me saying that I just kept the thread going... dagnabbit!
    Because I express my opions, some that you might noe agree with, that makes me a toll.

    I turn to Urban dictionary's definition of a "troll"


    Troll:
    One who purposely and deliberately (that purpose usually being self-amusement) starts an argument in a manner which attacks others on a forum without in any way listening to the arguments proposed by his or her peers. He will spark of such an argument via the use of ad hominem attacks (i.e. 'you're nothing but a ******' is a popular phrase) with no substance or relevence to back them up as well as straw man arguments, which he uses to simply avoid addressing the essence of the issue.

    Urban Dictionary: troll

    ^^^This does not describe me at all...
  3. ray1b's Avatar
    Posts
    431 Posts
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    #23  
    Can someone give a review.
  4. #24  
    rashad1, your obvious mistake was not that you provided your opinion but that you snuck in an insult as well (saying we didn't know any better). How the heck do you know WHAT experience any of us have on any platform? I've play Assassins Creed on the Pre, have you?
  5. rashad1's Avatar
    Posts
    520 Posts
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by ray1b View Post
    Can someone give a review.
    There are hundreds of reviews on Youtube...The game has been out for over a year...just visualize a smaller screen with better colors...

  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by rashad1 View Post
    Because I express my opions, some that you might noe agree with, that makes me a toll.
    .
    your opinion, what do people call statements backed up by ZERO hands-on experiences?

    ...mmm...

    TROLLING.

    and take a look at your "opinion"
    Quote Originally Posted by rashad1 View Post
    You guys don't know any better anyway, assuming you haven't played Assassins Creed or Modern Combat on a iPod/iPhone.
    for your sorry ***** who doesn't even know what a multitasking or non interruptive notification is, your sure have a big mouth.

    if you enjoy insulting people, I wouldn't mind reply back, I don't want to feed the troll, but i wouldn't mind to give what people deserved neither.
    Last edited by clevin; 01/27/2010 at 08:36 PM.
  7. rashad1's Avatar
    Posts
    520 Posts
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by bdubdrum View Post
    rashad1, your obvious mistake was not that you provided your opinion but that you snuck in an insult as well (saying we didn't know any better). How the heck do you know WHAT experience any of us have on any platform? I've play Assassins Creed on the Pre, have you?
    Well, it is true. And yes, I wasted my money on Assassin's Creed again. It was noticabley more difficult to play on the Pre, not impossible. The controls were more cramped, and I had to hold the screen closer to my face. I only noticed because I spend a week or two playing this game last summer on an iPhone, the majority of current Pre users have never played it on one. So in essence, the average Pre user would not know any better. Sorry if I sounded smug.

    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    your opinion, what do people call statements backed up by ZERO hands-on experiences?

    ...mmm...

    TROLLING.
    It's my opinion, based on hands on experience. Again, reread the definition of a Troll and you will see that I do not fit it.

    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    for a guy who use a phone that has no basic multitasking, i guess I should say "you wouldn't know any better" too?.
    This is also a fallacy because the iPhone does have basic multitaking for native Apps, but multitasking has been on jailbroken iPhones for almost two years.

    In fact, here is my iPhone multitasking 44 apps:
  8. #28  
    Well, it is true. And yes, I wasted my money on Assassin's Creed again. It was noticabley more difficult to play on the Pre, not impossible. The controls were more cramped, and I had to hold the screen closer to my face. I only noticed because I spend a week or two playing this game last summer on an iPhone, the majority of current Pre users have never played it on one. So in essence, the average Pre user would not know any better. Sorry if I sounded smug.
    Now that's useful, detailed information regarding your experience, no need to insult anyone, just say your piece, we'll make our decisions accordingly. The link to the review was cool, thanks.

    All in all, it still looks like a pretty damn good game for a smartphone, especially one that's been lacking in 3D games for what? 6 or 7 months? lol
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by rashad1 View Post
    So in essence, the average Pre user would not know any better. Sorry if I sounded smug.

    It's my opinion, based on hands on experience. Again, reread the definition of a Troll and you will see that I do not fit it.

    This is also a fallacy because the iPhone does have basic multitaking for native Apps, but multitasking has been on jailbroken iPhones for almost two years.

    In fact, here is my iPhone multitasking 44 apps:
    yeah, a fallacy everybody agrees. you sure like to insult "average Pre users" "dont know any better". and the turn around to brag about something that "average iPhone users" will never do.

    "average" is just a cheap coat you can wear when needed, and throw away in an instant.

    is there anybody dont know what your true color here? you really think we are stupid?
  10. #30  
    Rashad1 - all of your posts are condescending and negative. Since you are such a genius, please enlighten us! What do you think Gameloft should do in regards to releasing software for the Pre?
  11. #31  
    okay, the price of this game is the same as it is on the apple app store, which i think is great. i downloaded the demo to my ipod touch and i can say that if the controls are the same on the pre, then it will take a little getting used to. but i think it is definately worth 5 dollars, as there are many things occuring on the battlefield at once. seems to start out with a storyline of some soldiers walking in a field ready to battle h itlers soldiers. (dont know why it censored h i t l e r for) i say take the plunge, it only cost 5 dollars.
  12. rashad1's Avatar
    Posts
    520 Posts
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by weenarz1176 View Post
    Rashad1 - all of your posts are condescending and negative. Since you are such a genius, please enlighten us! What do you think Gameloft should do in regards to releasing software for the Pre?
    1. That's subjective
    2. I never claimed to be a genius
    3. It's irrelevant what I think Gameloft should do, they obviously want to make things as easy as possible by just porting them directly from the iPhone/iPod.
  13. rashad1's Avatar
    Posts
    520 Posts
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    yeah, a fallacy everybody agrees. you sure like to insult "average Pre users" "dont know any better". and the turn around to brag about something that "average iPhone users" will never do.

    "average" is just a cheap coat you can wear when needed, and throw away in an instant.

    is there anybody dont know what your true color here? you really think we are stupid?
    A fallacy that everybody agrees with is yet, still a fallacy. What you consider and insult it your opinion, you slammed the iPhone for not having basic multitasking when it does. i proved you incorrect.
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by rashad1 View Post
    A fallacy that everybody agrees with is yet, still a fallacy. What you consider and insult it your opinion, you slammed the iPhone for not having basic multitasking when it does. i proved you incorrect.
    so how about "average iPhone users" now? i guess you would deny that jailbreaking will void the warranty and being broken by apple all the time, right?

    exactly why do you think your single opinion, that do not apply to "average users", is a proof against all other major gadget review sites? because you think you are a genius?

    your double face is astonishing. and frankly, disgusting
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by rashad1 View Post
    A fallacy that everybody agrees with is yet, still a fallacy. What you consider and insult it your opinion, you slammed the iPhone for not having basic multitasking when it does. i proved you incorrect.
    I am going to disagree with you there rashad. You never proved basic multitasking, you demonstrated jailbroken multitasking. Now before you can ever consider something proven, you have to define it. So how do you define basic multitasking? The reason I ask because I am not clear on what can or cannot be considered multitasking.

    For example is the fact that I can have the music app playing music and the web app open at the same time considered basic multitasking? Or is basic multitasking involve having any combination of multiple apps open and live at the same time?

    So you have to be careful with definitions now. I define multitasking as what my desk top can do: multiple live applications that I can easily switch between. So by this measure, the iphone, jailbroken or not only has Apple define multitasking capabilities. You can only run certain applications at the same time, as defined by apple, and I don't think the number goes above 2-3. And you even said that in your jailbroken iphone, those 44 applications are not live, but you have the ability to switch between them, and once selected they become live.

    So by my definition, you have not proven basic multitasking.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    And you even said that in your jailbroken iphone, those 44 applications are not live, but you have the ability to switch between them, and once selected they become live.
    .
    indeed, if he call that multitasking, I say PalmOS classic multitasking too!, just install that tealOS on it, cards, not live, multitasking!.

    how can people even make these statements without some guilty feeling of misleading and mis-informing readers.

    the apple fanboyism is so far spread, its astonishing.
  17. #37  
    Oh man, I just came into this thread to see some reviews on the game and stumbled upon this, hahahahahaha. This is awesome!!!! And I mean no offense at all, but why is the iphone guy even on this site..just curious, sorry if it was already stated. But anyways, the game looks great and I will probably be downloading it....and then swiping the card up to send a text message, google something, play some music, maybe even throw in a round or two or Paratrooper...then come back to play it when its done
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by jokerzwyld77 View Post
    Oh man, I just came into this thread to see some reviews on the game and stumbled upon this, hahahahahaha. This is awesome!!!! And I mean no offense at all, but why is the iphone guy even on this site..just curious, sorry if it was already stated. But anyways, the game looks great and I will probably be downloading it....and then swiping the card up to send a text message, google something, play some music, maybe even throw in a round or two or Paratrooper...then come back to play it when its done
    Anyone has a right to be here, and he does have a Pre. I do walk around android and iphone forums from time to time too.

    And besides, I don't think any smartphone has it all completely right yet. iPhone is hands down the best single operation smartphone on the market. No questions asked. RIM has the best PIM on the market now. The OS is fast and responsive and lets face it, BB's are total email machines! Android has the most variety and most freedom and have some really slick looking phones with great hardware and beautiful screen. The Pre is the multitasking god of the smart phone world and it has positioned itself as a jack of all trades.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
  19. rashad1's Avatar
    Posts
    520 Posts
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    so how about "average iPhone users" now? i guess you would deny that jailbreaking will void the warranty and being broken by apple all the time, right?

    exactly why do you think your single opinion, that do not apply to "average users", is a proof against all other major gadget review sites? because you think you are a genius?

    your double face is astonishing. and frankly, disgusting
    Personal attacks weaken your argument, and often prove you have no argument. (Read the definition of a troll and google ad hominem attacks) Jailbraking does indeed void your warranty, but downloading copy writed material is illegal. Have the cops visited your house yet? Restoring your iPone after backing it up can just as easily "unvoid" your warranty"...this has gotten off topic and has turned into yet another "lets slam the iPhone" debate. I simply stated my opinion, which I am entitled to, take it or leave it

    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    And you even said that in your jailbroken iphone, those 44 applications are not live, but you have the ability to switch between them, and once selected they become live.
    They continue to run in the background weather you are viewing them or not. The cards might not reflect that, but they are running. They are not paused.
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by jokerzwyld77 View Post
    Oh man, I just came into this thread to see some reviews on the game and stumbled upon this, hahahahahaha. This is awesome!!!! And I mean no offense at all, but why is the iphone guy even on this site.
    i dont know for sure, but if i were to speculate, when people are crazy about something, while feel insecure at the same time, they sometimes go to biggest opponent he sees and rampage there.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions